Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] Concept2 Model D Indoor Rowing Machine with PM5 $1249

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 21st, 2019 1:46 pm
Jun 17, 2005
216 posts
136 upvotes
Etobicoke
Same price as when I bought mine back in late Dec 2017.... wish I'd use it more... but I just don't like it.
May 13, 2015
235 posts
219 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
This is generally considered the best rowing machine out there. They use this one in official competitions and stuff like that.

The other style that got really popular are water rowers. They became really popular especially because of the tv show house of cards. The big advantage of water rowers is that they are much quieter. So if you plan on rowing during times when other people in your house are sleeping, you might want to go with a water rower. Some people just prefer the feel of water rowers too. But the concept 2 model D is a beast and will last forever and that's the ultimate rowing machine.

I've been keeping my eye out for a concept 2, and the cheapest they ever really go for on kijiji is about $800 (the model D).

I personally have a crappy department store rower that I bought used for $60 cash. Certainly not as nice as a concept 2... but it still does the trick. Even just 10 minutes on a rower is really tough if you give a reasonable effort. For most people, I would recommend buying a used one on kijiji first (assuming you have an SUV or truck to transport) and then upgrade to a concept 2 if you feel like you really need it.

I'm actually pretty happy with the cheap one I bought used... it still gives me a heck of workout.

I almost never buy exercise equipment new. You could build yourself a pretty sweet gym if you had $1200 in cash to shop with on kijiji.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2004
5024 posts
752 upvotes
shpinktaar wrote:
Jan 17th, 2019 8:06 pm
Same price as when I bought mine back in late Dec 2017.... wish I'd use it more... but I just don't like it.
All fitness equipment on RFD gets the RFD effect. Some people say it's good, average Joe sees that it's good and needs to get back in shape, then never ends up using it. See the Airdyne thread. Reality is 9 out of 10 who buy this in here aren't using it.
Oct 6, 2012
56 posts
112 upvotes
Calgary
FYI.. This is the regular price on Amazon.
CCC to confirm...
Nov 20, 2016
205 posts
129 upvotes
Why? Buy rogue echo bike. I'm really trying to see how this is better in any possible way.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
2455 posts
651 upvotes
Kingston
For $1k I will come and flood your basement and provide you with a cheap inflatable kayak. Taking bookings into August now. You provide hose.
Aug 10, 2017
34 posts
5 upvotes
any good cheaper alternatives?
I need something for an apartment for full body workout... is rowing machine best of that or maybe I should look at elliptical machine?
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2012
1046 posts
265 upvotes
Winnipeg
ed7258 wrote:
Jan 17th, 2019 11:52 pm
any good cheaper alternatives?
I need something for an apartment for full body workout... is rowing machine best of that or maybe I should look at elliptical machine?
Avoid elliptical.. I have got airdyne ad7 bike and keeping an eye to get the rower....saving some mo eg to get one of these instead of wasting money at gym
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2012
1046 posts
265 upvotes
Winnipeg
I have bought a treadmill 6 years ago and used a quite a bit..now I am having minor knee issue on the right side so brought an Airdyne ..if I can spend sometime like 2-3 times per week on this..ita still worth it..I have used 2 times since last week and this is a killer compares to treadmill and elliptical..
Penalty Box
Sep 6, 2006
7410 posts
1915 upvotes
Washington, DC
$1,249 has been the regular price for the past 3 years... there's no deal here

2.png
Last edited by lincoln on Jan 20th, 2019 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
Abraham Lincoln
Jul 21, 2015
10 posts
9 upvotes
North York, ON
I bought one in September 2017 and I like it. Helped me lose weight and get back into exercise.

That being said. THIS IS REGULAR PRICE!!!! This is not a hotdeal unless they've gone up in price $500 and the sale price is coincidentally exactly the same I paid in 2017.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
2502 posts
844 upvotes
Does anyone use a seat pad on the Concept 2? I've been using a hand towel and it helps a bit.