Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

Cooler Master 750 Gold Full Modular, 80+ Gold Certified 750W Power Supply, 5 Year Warranty $ 119.30

[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2014
4220 posts
9623 upvotes
45° 36' 44.9964'' N …

[Amazon.ca] Cooler Master 750 Gold Full Modular, 80+ Gold Certified 750W Power Supply, 5 Year Warranty $ 119.30

Cooler Master MPY-7501-AFAAG-US MWE 750 Gold Full Modular, 80+ Gold Certified 750W Power Supply, 5 Year Warranty $ 119.30

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07JW7M3VX

40 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2016
2980 posts
3333 upvotes
should i switch from bronze to gold since i just bought mine
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2004
2021 posts
480 upvotes
Kelowna, BC
Quite a few reviews mention unit was DOA.
Mar 25, 2017
18 posts
23 upvotes
errational wrote: Quite a few reviews mention unit was DOA.
I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume that people who receive a DOA unit are 100 times more likely to write a review in the first place.
Jul 1, 2010
53 posts
27 upvotes
Ottawa
I have this power supply, its has died on me two times now over the last year. They warrantied it the first time, luckily I have a spare 600W to use. I am not bothering with another RMA just going to wait for a good sale on another brand.

I realize there could be other reasons it's dying on me, but I've had no problems with the spare 600W for months now.
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2016
2980 posts
3333 upvotes
ok i believe i dodged one this time, ill stick with mine.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 15, 2008
9901 posts
2911 upvotes
Toronto
callummcgraw wrote: I have this power supply, its has died on me two times now over the last year. They warrantied it the first time, luckily I have a spare 600W to use. I am not bothering with another RMA just going to wait for a good sale on another brand.

I realize there could be other reasons it's dying on me, but I've had no problems with the spare 600W for months now.
I just got the 550W version as a replacement for a dead PSU... Do you have to pay for shipping for RMA to CM?
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2013
1316 posts
1077 upvotes
Montr
When it comes to PSU I prefer to pay a bit more to get Seasonic
Banned
Dec 17, 2017
1014 posts
1054 upvotes
never buy CM PSU. TRUST me. PSU not worth it to skimp on. You have like $1k+ worth of components on the line. Seasonic is the way to go.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 15, 2009
6662 posts
5326 upvotes
M-Arkham
Cm dun make their own, just need to find out who the oem is for this model
1x Virgin $45 for 50GB w/ unlimited can wide talk n unlimited txt
1x Fido $45 for 50GB w/ unlimited can wide talk n unlimited txt
1x koodo $45 for 50GB w/ unlimited can wide talk n unlimited txt
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2006
1092 posts
244 upvotes
GTA
Desperadude wrote: When it comes to PSU I prefer to pay a bit more to get Seasonic
Same. There are so many reasons why you should spend a little more on your PSU. Efficiency and peace of mind it won't fry your parts aside. Having it just work properly is important.

Seasonic quality is top notch. I actually had a friend just pick up a Seasonic Focus 750W Gold for his build. Like 20 bucks more and has a 7 year warranty.

I've had my XFX 750W (Seasonic rebranded) since 2012 or 2013. It's probably the only part that has stuck with me over the years. CPUs/GPUs/HDDs and cases have come and gone/failed. But the XFX/Seasonic still remains.

Come to think of it. I think the warranty expires this year too. I will have to double check whether or not it's a 7 or 10 year warranty. XD
Asrock Z97 Extreme6 | Intel i7-4770K | 16GB Kingston HyperX Predator | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080 | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | LG GL83A-B| Schiit Modi 3 + Vali 2 & Senn HD600
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2003
1472 posts
825 upvotes
Vancouver
Been looking into upgrades lately, and sure enough this article popped up in my news feed:
https://www.techradar.com/news/nvidia-r ... f-their-pc

Not sure how reliable this is, but I'll wait for the new gen cards to come out before putting money down for a PSU just to future proof myself.
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2019
1071 posts
1038 upvotes
I second the policy of buying a quality PSU to feed all your valuable parts. There's no point in cheaping out on the part that is the lifeblood of your system. Having inconsistent power damages components easily, and heaven forbid should the PSU allow through a spike, that's the end of your system and precious data. Gaming and general performance will be super unreliable and inconsistent when your CPU/GPU demands more power and your poor PSU struggles to keep up, causing a current sag which will randomly lock up your system. Other parts can be upgraded later if you're on a budget. For example, go with a midrange video card and/or one or two level lower CPU and go with a bit slower SSD. Computers are designed to be upgraded!

Many years go, I've had an Antec power supply suddenly died on me. Changed to an OCZ PSU (back when they were still popular and made quality parts) and the system has been rock solid since then. I've had zero system stability issues ever since I started using quality PSUs.
Why settle for full retail price when you can wait and get it at a lower price for better value (even better if there's a bundled freebies deal)? 😉
Aug 21, 2019
819 posts
591 upvotes
BC
Buy a quality PSU. I have a corsair 1000 watt gold standard and it has lasted me 7+ years, and it will most likely last another 5 years after I do a GPU upgrade. And for my next pc build I will most likely transfer this PSU to that new build as well.

In a pc build I always go with the best CPU, PSU, and mobo. Because those parts last the longest by far, while everything else may be upgraded during the usable life of a pc. And rule of thumb to buy a slightly higher PSU wattage then u need for stability/load reasons.

However if ur building a weak performance pc, with limited upgrades then I would consider this PSU. Because why risk all the expensive hardware with a cheap psu? Even if all the evidence of psu failures are anecdotal. And because pc can last so long and are so upgradable why build a weak pc?
Mar 3, 2020
233 posts
437 upvotes
There's only 1 line of Cooler Master PSUs I will buy, and that's their SeaSonic made V series.

Link to relevant review: https://www.overclockers.com/cooler-mas ... ly-review/

It's rated an average power supply all over on the review above and on other sites. In my eyes? An average power supply is a bad power supply. Spend more, get something that will last longer and a much lower chance of blowing up. Elitest? Sure; but the PSU isn't something I will skimp on, even if the unit that was posted is an overpriced mid-range unit.

Source: Had many Antec TruePower Quattros blow up on him in a ~400W use case, The cost you pay upfront for a better quality unit will surpass the time you waste shipping a shitty unit out and pay for shipping (sometimes both ways).

e; swapped review out for a relevant one
Jan 22, 2019
380 posts
314 upvotes
Good deal considering the scarce supply. That being said, I've never been a fan of any Cooler Master products, but I mean it's just a power supply so I'm sure it's solid.
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2008
4123 posts
1999 upvotes
BC
Xephy wrote: Same. There are so many reasons why you should spend a little more on your PSU. Efficiency and peace of mind it won't fry your parts aside. Having it just work properly is important.

Seasonic quality is top notch. I actually had a friend just pick up a Seasonic Focus 750W Gold for his build. Like 20 bucks more and has a 7 year warranty.
Yeah and it's $210 on amazon right now :/

I completely agree with you guys who are promoting good quality PSU's - I just wish there were a few even luke warm deals.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)