Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo CPU Cooler - $31.10

Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
3790 posts
2424 upvotes
West Coast

[Amazon.ca] Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo CPU Cooler - $31.10

Stumbled upon this sale while looking at computer stuff. Current price of 31.10 appears to be the lowest in a year or so.

Great price for a very well reviewed cooler.
Please don't ask or beg for "thanks". Don't act like this is Facebook. If someone found your post helpful, let them decide if they want to make that click. The more you beg, the less you'll get. Cheers
65 replies
May 23, 2019
92 posts
265 upvotes
Well on the one hand I paid like $25 for this 10 years ago, but on the other hand it's been working fine for 10 years straight. Would recommend!
Deal Addict
May 21, 2004
2999 posts
2243 upvotes
GTA
Bumnose wrote: Well on the one hand I paid like $25 for this 10 years ago, but on the other hand it's been working fine for 10 years straight. Would recommend!
Looks like it's also showing it's age since it does not support AM4. Unless their "AMD FM1/AM3+" implies AM4 as well?
Feb 20, 2019
245 posts
402 upvotes
Britex wrote: Looks like it's also showing it's age since it does not support AM4. Unless their "AMD FM1/AM3+" implies AM4 as well?
According to this there's an upgrade kit:

https://landing.coolermaster.com/pages/ ... atability/

Part number RR-AM4B-H212-S1

You need to contact CM once you get your cooler for them to ship your upgrade kit, but it should be free I believe.

Edit: I'm seeing conflicting information, it's 8 USD on their site:

https://store.coolermaster.com/us/amd-a ... -h212-s1-3
Oct 29, 2010
690 posts
1361 upvotes
Quebec
Old by excellent, its been running my i5-8600k at 5ghz since I got it.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
4863 posts
2779 upvotes
Ontario
Wow I got this 8-10 years ago and it's been rock solid. Recommend!
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2008
1317 posts
371 upvotes
Montreal, QC
I have a rebranded slightly crappier version of this (Cooler Master TX-3 but sold by Best Buy), had it for years and moved it to my 10400F, gets the job done, not too loud
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
35601 posts
18981 upvotes
Bumnose wrote: Well on the one hand I paid like $25 for this 10 years ago, but on the other hand it's been working fine for 10 years straight. Would recommend!
Well I mean it's a piece of metal with a fan on it, not much to go wrong. I mean the fan could fail but you'd just replace it with another one easily.
Britex wrote: Looks like it's also showing it's age since it does not support AM4. Unless their "AMD FM1/AM3+" implies AM4 as well?
AgedOne wrote: According to this there's an upgrade kit:

https://landing.coolermaster.com/pages/ ... atability/

Part number RR-AM4B-H212-S1

You need to contact CM once you get your cooler for them to ship your upgrade kit, but it should be free I believe.

Edit: I'm seeing conflicting information, it's 8 USD on their site:

https://store.coolermaster.com/us/amd-a ... -h212-s1-3
The cooler has been shipping with the AM4 parts since 2020, possibly even earlier. These are going to be fresh/new stock if "shipped & sold by Amazon" so nothing to worry about. There's even people that mention this in the Q&A.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2017
1965 posts
2099 upvotes
Moncton
https://www.amazon.ca/Cooler-Master-Con ... ics&sr=1-3

$5 more gets you a much easier install (and a red led fan). The OP is the original mount design (2007/8?) and can be a little bit of a head scratching process trying to figure it out. I just installed one of the "newer" designs and was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was.

That said.... the amazon title/description on this one is incorrect. This is not the "RGB Black Edition", it's the "Hyper 212 LED" as described in the rest of the amazon page.
Koodo 33GB UL T&T @ $48 (waiting on my tab to switch to a better/cheaper plan)
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2015
2472 posts
1906 upvotes
Newmarket, ON
I hate how manufacturers are putting colored lights on everything now. Not all of us are 14 yrs old and get impressed by flashing lights.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2013
1096 posts
1285 upvotes
BeapChastard wrote: I hate how manufacturers are putting colored lights on everything now. Not all of us are 14 yrs old and get impressed by flashing lights.
Unfortunately, most of us are likely 14 years old and get impressed by flashing lights. These companies are not dumb - they cater to the largest market. And this market loves RGB, emojis, memojis, crapojis, bitmojis, and other garbage like putting idiotic dog ears on their stupid selfies.
Jan 15, 2016
879 posts
940 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
I have the same one. Still good and upgradeable to push pull
Sep 10, 2014
176 posts
164 upvotes
ON
I can't believe they still sell this old yet awesome cooler. If you want the best bang for your buck this is the cooler to get.
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2006
4615 posts
1334 upvotes
saudor wrote: Unfortunately, most of us are likely 14 years old and get impressed by flashing lights. These companies are not dumb - they cater to the largest market. And this market loves RGB, emojis, memojis, crapojis, bitmojis, and other garbage like putting idiotic dog ears on their stupid selfies.
lol. I built a pc for the first time this fall and my starting point was function over form. But then.... ALL the cases had a window.. and then there was this slow cost creep of spending a few bucks here and there to get RGB.. and then before you know it.. I got carried away. But I love my unicorn barf now.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
3790 posts
2424 upvotes
West Coast
I put this fan in a build I did in the mid 2000s and habded down to my parents. Still running strong.

Simple, and there are newer versions, but it's hard to go wrong with such a proven performer at 31 bucks.
Please don't ask or beg for "thanks". Don't act like this is Facebook. If someone found your post helpful, let them decide if they want to make that click. The more you beg, the less you'll get. Cheers
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2007
1675 posts
1515 upvotes
very solid cooler, works well with a 5600X even with PBO enabled (Black edition)
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2013
1661 posts
1556 upvotes
Montr
BeapChastard wrote: I hate how manufacturers are putting colored lights on everything now. Not all of us are 14 yrs old and get impressed by flashing lights.
I used to think like that but after I get the hyperx rgb keyboard, I found that those lights help a bit to fight winter’s blue so I bought more stuffs with rgb

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)