Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Cooler master RGB liquid coolers $73 dual fans/radiators $63 single units

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 15th, 2018 7:49 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2006
5909 posts
2140 upvotes
Cornwall PE

[Amazon.ca] Cooler master RGB liquid coolers $73 dual fans/radiators $63 single units

Seems like a decent price to me. Well not as good as the enermax $19 deal a few years ago, but how often do those deals come along?
The Children all love the the new down vote button.
My STORAGE SHED!
Linux User 412309
5 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2005
1971 posts
487 upvotes
Mississauga
I have the single rad one. Not bad for the price, but the included rgb fan I feel is inferior to their masterflow pro 120 rgb fan. I thought it would be similar to that, but the fan specs and rgb colours are off. The rgb lighting is way off with some colours not all though. Getting another fan for a pull and push was difficult since the specs weren't the same so instead I'm using a masterfan pro 120 non-rgb and a masterfan pro 120 rgb on the rad for push and pull respectively. I have attached some images to give u an idea. The fan to the top right close to the motherboard is the rgb fan (used as exhaust) that was included with the rad. The bottom two fans (one mounted on the rad and the other on the case) are the masterfan pro 120 rgb (both for intake), there is another fan on the rad mounted under which isn't seen and as I said early is non-rgb. Red looks fine. Lavender and orange colours produced by the two masterfan pro are fine, but the rgb fan thats included is more white with a hint of lavender while orange its more yellow. Sorry my phone is having problems reproducing the colours, but believe me its very different. These fan take their power for the leds from the fan header rather than the rgb header. I first thought maybe the rgb fan isn't getting the right voltage, but I have the top fan connected directly to the header while the two masterfan pro are connected to another header via a splitter. Also the included fan is abit more noisey as well. Other than that as a liquid cooler its very good. It was installed on my brother's ryzen built and was able to overclock the cpu and keep the temps low even under load with this cooler on. Anyhow just wanted to point it out.
Banned
Dec 5, 2015
695 posts
958 upvotes
Chilliwack, BC
Would have kept my order when it came back in stock but apparently you should replace these every two years and the rads on these are cheap imo not worth the 200Mhz headroom I was asking for.
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2005
1971 posts
487 upvotes
Mississauga
Where did you read that? The pump is rated for 70,000 hours before failure. Most probably less, since cooler master has been known to stretch their estimate on their specs. Still more than 2 years though. Thats with continued used too. They indeed feel cheaper than other liquid coolers I have dealt with, but not cheap enough to last only 2years. For me the enclosure that houses the pump felt really cheap plastic, but the rad wasn't bad at all. Just saying.
SuperDuperDeveloper wrote: Would have kept my order when it came back in stock but apparently you should replace these every two years and the rads on these are cheap imo not worth the 200Mhz headroom I was asking for.
Nov 12, 2009
551 posts
638 upvotes
Not a deal for a single rad. There was a single rad with dual fan that went down to $45 after $20 rebate a few weeks ago.