• Jul 3rd, 2020 7:32 am
Tags:
[OP]
Jul 5, 2007
252 posts
235 upvotes
Toronto

[Amazon.ca] Corsair H115i RGB Pro XT $179.99

I'm guessing amazon price matched newegg but according to keepa and pc part picker it is atl. Same price at newegg and amazon both with free shipping. They come with 140mm ML fans which are pretty good.

https://www.amazon.ca/Corsair-Radiator- ... 440&sr=8-2
https://www.newegg.ca/corsair-icue-h115 ... 6835181191
Last edited by TomRFD on Jun 30th, 2020 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: retailer field was empty
18 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2009
1317 posts
284 upvotes
I've been debating AIO or noctua d15 since I want to upgrade my cooling.
Apr 6, 2020
6 posts
5 upvotes
Gbyrd wrote: I've been debating AIO or noctua d15 since I want to upgrade my cooling.
If you want something to last possibly forever, I'd get the nocutua beacause all you have to do to keep it going is to replace the fans when they eventually fail. Replacing an AIO pump/liquids is pretty much an RMA. There's a lot of videos out there that basically say air cooling is effectively as good as water as well(at least when it comes to AIOs).
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2007
1405 posts
287 upvotes
Gbyrd wrote: I've been debating AIO or noctua d15 since I want to upgrade my cooling.
A good air cooler is at least as good as a water cooler, but also has the advantage of being quieter.
Apr 1, 2009
131 posts
37 upvotes
HaZaRd wrote: A good air cooler is at least as good as a water cooler, but also has the advantage of being quieter.
And more importantly, there is no chance that it will leak.
Also, I recall you can change the fans on AIO's to make them quieter (may positively or negatively impact performance tho).
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2008
1491 posts
2741 upvotes
Markham
HaZaRd wrote: A good air cooler is at least as good as a water cooler, but also has the advantage of being quieter.
For AIO, sure, but a custom loop can definitely go beyond what even a great air cooler can do.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2009
1317 posts
284 upvotes
One of the upsides to the AIO is the space it takes on the socket. I'm scared of too much crowding
Jun 2, 2011
348 posts
345 upvotes
I had H115i on backorder, eventually cancelled for the NH-D15, for reasons said above. Same performance, but quieter and worry free. Only issue is case choice really, the noc is chonky .
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2008
1581 posts
287 upvotes
powderskull wrote: I had H115i on backorder, eventually cancelled for the NH-D15, for reasons said above. Same performance, but quieter and worry free. Only issue is case choice really, the noc is chonky .
Same performance? Yea maybe with a 120 or possibly 240mm AIO. Not 280mm.

comparison...
Jun 2, 2011
348 posts
345 upvotes
saffant wrote:
Same performance? Yea maybe with a 120 or possibly 240mm AIO. Not 280mm.

comparison...
Yeah, one rando reddit users "testing" no thanks. Seen multiple reviews in past that basically said when all testing variables are taken into account (using a high airflow case) unless you are at a 360mm the comparison is more or less a toss up. Maybe I'll revisit this with source links, but I probably could care less, you do you.
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2004
2538 posts
48 upvotes
GTA
I've used only 1 AIO which is the Corsair H100 which years later is still working great ( knock on wood ) cooling a 2600K in my server. Never had a single issue with it. Having said that, I've been using a NH-D15 since building my main rig with Ryzen 7 about 2.5 years ago. Biggest issue with the D15 is that it covers the 1st ram slot on my mobo so have to use the 2nd and 4th slots instead. I'm lucky with the case that I have because a few mm more and I won't be able to close the glass side panel so it's a consideration you have to take into account if you want to buy the D15. It is a massive hsf.

I'm the lazy type when in comes to maintenance of the hsf so fans are the only one I have to look out for which I can clearly see through the glass side panel. Running a 1800+ at 4.1 Ghz all the time and according to hwmonitor, it maxes at 65 deg when running cinebench. Will be updating soon when zen3 comes out and will still use the D15 on new system as $200 is too much for cooling, at least for me, which can go towards better hardware upgrades.

edit: The reason the D15 covers the 1st ram slot is because the G.Skill ram modules that I use have a tall heatspreaders. If you have low profile ram sticks or they don't have heatspreaders then it would pose to issue
Stuff for sale/trade/wtb
Computer Stuff
My Heatware
Ebay
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2007
1405 posts
287 upvotes
Dave510 wrote: For AIO, sure, but a custom loop can definitely go beyond what even a great air cooler can do.
But the added noise of the pump means it won't be quieter. For my use these days, a good air cooler (currently a Noctua NH-C14) is better than an all-in-one because I value quiet operation more than basically anything else.
Dec 23, 2010
127 posts
259 upvotes
Toronto
How is this hot - (if you don't put any cooling on your CPU)?
Feb 2, 2017
416 posts
475 upvotes
Air all the way. Go with the Noctua U12A instead though.
1) The Noctua NF12A is the newest fan design out of their whole line. It's quieter than all their current aging140mm fans (I own them all so I have tested them).
2) The U12A is the newest cooler with a much higher fin density than their older coolers. This means this thing is almost as good as a D15/D15S.
3) It is way smaller, so it would only have compatibility issues with the smallest ITX cases.
Jul 17, 2012
699 posts
264 upvotes
Kamloops
i have the old h100, 9 years old. still running lol. haven't even change thermal paste yet and still keep my 3930k running less than 65 degree stock. almost double the price for the top end all in one water cooling. i guess it's not bad after 9 years. money is not worth much now and i felt like everything is twice as expensive. look at motherboards 10 years ago 400 you get the best asus and now 1200 lol.