Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3200MHz Desktop RAM - $116.99

  • Last Updated:
  • Aug 26th, 2021 7:21 am
[OP]
Sr. Member
Oct 9, 2019
738 posts
1289 upvotes
Victoria, BC

[Amazon.ca] Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3200MHz Desktop RAM - $116.99

Back on sale , both Black and White . This is not ATL, and it was on sale for $104.99 while back, but still a good price for a descent RAM.

White ones for $117.99:
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07D5S ... =UTF8&th=1

1.jpg
2.jpg
17 replies
Moderator
User avatar
Aug 20, 2009
9161 posts
4508 upvotes
Cheers OP. I have the white version of this, went nicely with my Corsair 5000D white case and white PSU. Black mobo for some nice contrast. I don't know how to review ram other than to say it works and I'm happy with the timings. This is a solid deal considering most of the brands charge a premium for RGB anything.

I have to admit I've gone all bling in my new build after years of understated Fractal Design based rigs. Caution to the wind, no more grey monoliths, it's all disco now. I'm getting adventurous in my old age, the study looks like a cyberpunk dystopia.
Member
Mar 22, 2021
248 posts
621 upvotes
more light more fp..................bright
Sr. Member
Aug 24, 2016
939 posts
1028 upvotes
Need some fast 16gb kit 3600mhz rgb, anything available?
[OP]
Sr. Member
Oct 9, 2019
738 posts
1289 upvotes
Victoria, BC
Broskah wrote: Need some fast 16gb kit 3600mhz rgb, anything available?
3600 one is on sale for $141.99 too.
Jr. Member
Sep 16, 2020
122 posts
184 upvotes
toronto
alireja wrote: 3600 one is on sale for $141.99 too.
Keep in mind that 3600 is having CL18 timing but this one has CL16 timing, making both of them identical in performance. I would say just save a few bucks and buy 2 fake ones to make your rig more appealing.
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
20422 posts
8835 upvotes
Toronto
You don't need 2 fake ones to fill the slots. I find the 2 spaced out looks way better.
Newbie
Oct 23, 2017
99 posts
241 upvotes
This is good timing, I'm hoping someone who is wise on computing might be able to provide some insight.

In 2016, I built this rig:
  • Core i5-6600K 3.5 GHz Quad-Core Processor
  • Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3
  • GeForce GTX 970
  • G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series F4-2133C15D-16GVR DDR4 2133MHZ 16GB(8GBX2)
  • Samsung 850 EVO 500GB 2.5-Inch SATA III Internal SSD

It worked great for the first three or four years. Lately, it's been a little less reliable while gaming, just minor stutters, but it REALLY suffers if I try to tab for example between a game and Chrome (if I happen to have them both open). I recently upgraded to a GeForce GTX 1080, and that hasn't changed much in terms of performance. I'm wondering if maybe the stuttering is due to insufficient RAM, or maybe my chip is just a bit outdated five years later? Or maybe something else entirely, software-based. Any tips would be much appreciated.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jun 5, 2006
1229 posts
402 upvotes
PumpkinPete wrote: This is good timing, I'm hoping someone who is wise on computing might be able to provide some insight.

In 2016, I built this rig:
  • Core i5-6600K 3.5 GHz Quad-Core Processor
  • Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3
  • GeForce GTX 970
  • G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series F4-2133C15D-16GVR DDR4 2133MHZ 16GB(8GBX2)
  • Samsung 850 EVO 500GB 2.5-Inch SATA III Internal SSD

It worked great for the first three or four years. Lately, it's been a little less reliable while gaming, just minor stutters, but it REALLY suffers if I try to tab for example between a game and Chrome (if I happen to have them both open). I recently upgraded to a GeForce GTX 1080, and that hasn't changed much in terms of performance. I'm wondering if maybe the stuttering is due to insufficient RAM, or maybe my chip is just a bit outdated five years later? Or maybe something else entirely, software-based. Any tips would be much appreciated.
Sounds like a format would do you good. This RAM certainly wouldn’t make you any better off. Highly doubt its anything cpu related as all of the burden of gaming pretty much falls on the GPU, and since you’ve upgraded that, then either find whats consuming your memory in the task manager or just do a clean format of your system. If it worked fine 3-4 years back, no reason it shouldn’t now unless you bogged it down with spyware/software.
Newbie
Oct 23, 2017
99 posts
241 upvotes
Gogi wrote: Sounds like a format would do you good. This RAM certainly wouldn’t make you any better off. Highly doubt its anything cpu related as all of the burden of gaming pretty much falls on the GPU, and since you’ve upgraded that, then either find whats consuming your memory in the task manager or just do a clean format of your system. If it worked fine 3-4 years back, no reason it shouldn’t now unless you bogged it down with spyware/software.
Thank you for the response! I just tried a few things based on what you wrote. Opened both Rocket League and Chrome, then checked task manager. It said that 51% of Memory was in use, CPU usage was in the 30s. Then opened Outward in addition to the other two, and whenever it tried to load a map, Outward crashed with a memory error. Closed Rocket League, opened up Outward, ran fine, checked task manager again, and now it's about 50% CPU usage and 37% memory usage. No idea if this means anything, but thought I'd share.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 23, 2018
1209 posts
388 upvotes
Markham ON
Not really a good price? I would wait, unless you NEED, and I mean NEED for business or school. Not for GAMING lol. Better deals are to be had, especially as we recover from supply chain issues, due to covid
Think Less, Imagine More
Imagine Not Being A University Of Waterloo Computer Engineering Dropout...😃
Costco is Bliss
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 23, 2018
1209 posts
388 upvotes
Markham ON
iCanFly416 wrote: This isn't white but it's 32gb

Silicon Power 32GB 16GBx2 XPOWER Turbine Gaming DDR4 3200MHz(PC4 25600) 288-pin CL16 1.35V UDIMM Desktop Memory Module - Low Voltage SP032GXLZU320BDA https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07PV7GL6C/ref ... 0M86FA61P5
The silicon power you mentioned is at a damn good price. $80 for 16gb is not bad, especially now. Who cares about rgb? (me), but for the price, hard to beat!
Think Less, Imagine More
Imagine Not Being A University Of Waterloo Computer Engineering Dropout...😃
Costco is Bliss
Jr. Member
User avatar
Jun 30, 2014
152 posts
56 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I didn't even look at the 16gb, that's pretty good at 80$
JonathanSun wrote: The silicon power you mentioned is at a damn good price. $80 for 16gb is not bad, especially now. Who cares about rgb? (me), but for the price, hard to beat!
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 23, 2018
1209 posts
388 upvotes
Markham ON
iCanFly416 wrote: I didn't even look at the 16gb, that's pretty good at 80$
yup, I meant if you do a cost calculation of the 32gb kit, it's basically 80$ for 16gb
Think Less, Imagine More
Imagine Not Being A University Of Waterloo Computer Engineering Dropout...😃
Costco is Bliss
Jr. Member
User avatar
Jun 30, 2014
152 posts
56 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I've no idea if it's b die or what that is. I think I read it in a review, could've been another ram set tho
Sr. Member
Nov 14, 2008
844 posts
308 upvotes
wrong place for this, but like what the previous guy said

backup your crap and format reinstall win
check for dust
check temps
PumpkinPete wrote: This is good timing, I'm hoping someone who is wise on computing might be able to provide some insight.

In 2016, I built this rig:
  • Core i5-6600K 3.5 GHz Quad-Core Processor
  • Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3
  • GeForce GTX 970
  • G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series F4-2133C15D-16GVR DDR4 2133MHZ 16GB(8GBX2)
  • Samsung 850 EVO 500GB 2.5-Inch SATA III Internal SSD

It worked great for the first three or four years. Lately, it's been a little less reliable while gaming, just minor stutters, but it REALLY suffers if I try to tab for example between a game and Chrome (if I happen to have them both open). I recently upgraded to a GeForce GTX 1080, and that hasn't changed much in terms of performance. I'm wondering if maybe the stuttering is due to insufficient RAM, or maybe my chip is just a bit outdated five years later? Or maybe something else entirely, software-based. Any tips would be much appreciated.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)