Amazon.ca

Cosco Scenera Next Convertible Car Seat - Moon Mist for $104.99 @ Amazon

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 13th, 2021 12:14 pm
[OP]
Jul 7, 2021
53 posts
165 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Cosco Scenera Next Convertible Car Seat - Moon Mist for $104.99 @ Amazon

link https://www.amazon.ca/Cosco-22182CDEN-S ... 079NMJQGM/?
Was: $109.99
Deal Price: $104.99
You Save: $5.00 (5%)
Images
  • 51i8JS3KeoL._AC_SL1000_.jpg
Last edited by TomRFD on Sep 13th, 2021 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated retailer name
10 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2009
2032 posts
1880 upvotes
I'm all for saving a few $$$ but for something your child will be in for an extended period of time....personally I'd stick to one of the well known and well tested brands
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2007
1038 posts
120 upvotes
fatestkid wrote: I'm guessing this is not a known (or tested) brand?
I would not buy this brand. Its not that great. I would get an evenflo
Jul 13, 2007
292 posts
94 upvotes
Calgary
It's a tested brand, if you do a quick google search you'll find this brand. I looked on Consumer Reports, I found a 74/100 rating from them but the reviews inside that people had left were not great. Many complaints about difficulty installing and didn't feel safe/secure. You could also look at this list for some recommendations https://www.babygearlab.com/topics/vehi ... d=#compare. They ranked the Evenflo Tribute LX fairly well and it's available at Babies R Us for $109.99, and you might be able to look at it in-store potentially.

Edit: For personal reference, I've used 2 Britax seats - Marathon and Clicktight, and also a Diono Radian. I'd spend the extra $$$ for something better. Britax lasted my oldest son 3.5 years until we switched him to a Radian (just to save on space). I'd recommend Britax without hesitation, the bucket seat design feels super secure and is easy to remove/install.
Last edited by ns_guy on Sep 13th, 2021 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
May 31, 2021
2 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
We actually bought this car seat for our son and he used it from newborn stage till age 3. It's a fine car seat - we don't actually own a car, so for us the most important thing (other than safety) was that it was light and portable, which this definitely was! If you own a car and are going to be using your car seat a lot, probably better to go for one of those big heavy duty ones with lots of bells and whistles. But if you want something light and portable, this is a great choice.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2012
2330 posts
1987 upvotes
We use our Scenera for travel.
Lightweight and simple for the airplane and rental car.

Its definitely not as padded and bulky as other seats but It feels secure if you install it correctly.
I'd say most people don't know how to install a car seat correctly.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2003
1183 posts
867 upvotes
Calgary
This is said to be one of the best car seats for travelling since it only weighs 7 lbs, which is a huge difference from schlepping a 30lb Diono or Britax through the airport.

I wouldn't buy this for everyday use, but I'd consider getting one just for travel. That said, this deal is only $5 off and this seat retails for $50 in the US so I'd look for a better deal.
Jun 9, 2011
51 posts
12 upvotes
This is an approved car seat in Canada and it's actually quite well known and recommended by many car seat techs (see e.g. https://vicarseattechs.com/our-favourit ... ble-seats/). All approved seats pass the same safety tests. I personally wouldn't use it as an everyday car seat because it sits low and my kids like to sit high up and look out all the windows (we use Clek Foonf) and it's lifespan is shorter (due to lower max height/weight), but I use it as a travel car seat because it's compact and light weight.

A downside of it is that it is only good up to 40lbs and you're almost certainly going to outgrow in height long before you get to that weight maximum.

IMHO, it's a good option for people who don't have a car and need something to go in and out of other people's cars/carshare cars easily, who have a small car, who don't spend too much time in the car, or who want an inexpensive secondary seat for a grandparent's car/secondary car they don't use much.

A few years ago you could get these for just under $100 (that doesn't help you now of course), I haven't kept my eye on the prices currently.
Jun 18, 2016
613 posts
1704 upvotes
Is this a hard top or soft top convertible?
Sep 6, 2020
5 posts
Been trying to get rid of a brand new, sealed one for 80 in the 'boulder' (black/gray) colour. If anyone is interested, pm me. Gotta be in the gta.