Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

COSCO Shifter 300-Pound Capacity Multi-Position Heavy Duty Folding Hand Truck and Dolly, Green For $70.79

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 29th, 2021 3:12 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2013
1118 posts
5388 upvotes
MILTON

[Amazon.ca] COSCO Shifter 300-Pound Capacity Multi-Position Heavy Duty Folding Hand Truck and Dolly, Green For $70.79

https://www.amazon.ca/Cosco-Shifter-Mul ... B00LMH8CCS

About this item
  • Heavy duty - durable steel frame with 300 lbs. Weight capacity
  • Easy to use - quick conversion with no pins or tools
  • Multi-position - use as a 2-wheel, upright hand truck or into a 4-wheel cart
  • Folds flat for transport/storage. Product measurements: height is 49.25 Inches, Width is 16.625 Inches and depth is 13.75 Inches
  • Fits in most size car trunks. Weight: 14.92 pounds
49 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2006
1078 posts
760 upvotes
Great price. Retails for $79.99 at Costco.

I have this cart and its very handy for moving items to the car.
15 years on RFD!
Sep 23, 2007
308 posts
484 upvotes
Toronto (Downtown)
LDN2012 wrote: Great price. Retails for $79.99 at Costco.

I have this cart and its very handy for moving items to the car.
Agreed, I love this thing. I bought this cart when I moved about 2.5 years ago and it somehow manages to still get almost weekly use (and I've lent it out a dozen times to help friends with their moves). Plus it's standard equipment for a Costco run to move stuff up to the condo from the parking garage.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2017
2222 posts
1516 upvotes
This dude probably has 20in biceps yet he chose to carry the case with the dolly
Images
  • Screenshot_20211018-085635_Chrome.jpg
Nov 25, 2008
290 posts
500 upvotes
Biscayne05 wrote: This dude probably has 20in biceps yet he chose to carry the case with the dolly
Those aren't hard labour muscles, they are used only at the gym for bicep curls
Aug 31, 2018
277 posts
456 upvotes
make sure to change the smaller tires when you buy this.
Feb 13, 2009
323 posts
120 upvotes
montreal, qc
its weight and portability to be stored in tight places makes it perfect for me.
haven't changed the small wheels yet but i see why it would be a good idea to if you use it often as a flat cart on irregular surfaces.
Jun 2, 2011
546 posts
486 upvotes
theflyingsquirrel wrote: The one from costco looks significantly stronger.
... the Costco one is a full on hand truck. Nobody is throwing that one in their trunk to have on hand for quick post-shopping unloads. Different use cases.
Mar 4, 2014
157 posts
250 upvotes
Sinco5 wrote: make sure to change the smaller tires when you buy this.
Do you have links on what would work? I was going to buy this before and decided against it because of the tires.
Jun 12, 2014
315 posts
174 upvotes
Montreal, QC
What wheels should we replace them with and why?
Frugalmeister
Aug 31, 2018
277 posts
456 upvotes
Frugalmeister wrote: What wheels should we replace them with and why?
slimjim91 wrote:
So this would be just for the top tire, when the dolly is in 4 wheel mode? Do these tiny wheels make that much of a difference?
the 2 bigger tires work perfectly, didn't have any issues with them on 2-wheel mode. i beat this thing last yr when i moved apartments, twas just 5mins walk from my old one so almost all our stuff were moved with this thing. the difference from when I started with the smaller wheels to when i changed with the cantire ones was night and day
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2005
4399 posts
822 upvotes
Edmonton
Reviews are worth reading. Heavy duty seems to be a stretch as most people say only works indoors and has lots of plastic.
Heatware
The difference between wanting and needing is how you justify it.
May 10, 2010
680 posts
1007 upvotes
London
I'll be moving in a few months, so this will be perfect for when the day comes.

People are only suggesting to change the two smaller wheels right? Any high weight capacity castors should work right?
Sep 23, 2007
308 posts
484 upvotes
Toronto (Downtown)
theflyingsquirrel wrote: Would this break if I dolly a range with it?
It shouldn't. It's how I moved my old range out and new one in.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
8042 posts
4009 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
According to amazon reviews, there are 2 things to keep in mind:
- When folding the dolly, the wheel is spring loaded and is finger guillotine. Many people have smashed fingers from the wheel
- It is basically useless as hand truck (base plate is not strong enough to sustain 90 degree), but decent as dolly.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
How to setup PAP in Tangerine