Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

Cosori CP358 Air Fryer Pro $148.80 @Amazon

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 17th, 2021 11:14 am
Thread Summary
If you're looking for more options, check out RFD Reviews' list of the best air fryers!
16 replies
Sep 8, 2005
294 posts
246 upvotes
I've been looking for an air fryer, is this the one to get?
Aug 2, 2007
244 posts
203 upvotes
Perfect timing. I don't have an air fryer and I've been watching this lady on YouTube wondering if I should get an air fryer.
She uses a Cosori and makes all kinds of crazy stuff.

Your text to link here...
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
3589 posts
2254 upvotes
West Coast
I just bought the smart/wifi version for 148 - 10 dollar coupon. Arrived today, but haven't had a chance to use it yet. Was contemplating getting the pro instead, but it appeared that the smart/wifi one is essentially the same as the pro, but the pro doesn't have wifi features but costs roughly the same. I doubt I'll use the smart/wifi features much, but I do like the idea of preheating it remotely and then just getting the food and popping it in. It is loud though, louder than my old PowerXL egg-shaped one from Costco.
Please don't ask or beg for "thanks". Don't act like this is Facebook. If someone found your post helpful, let them decide if they want to make that click. The more you beg, the less you'll get. Cheers
Nov 20, 2009
825 posts
787 upvotes
I bought its previous version, CP158, for $111 during BF 2019.
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2002
1523 posts
291 upvotes
Burnaby
I jumped on the InstantPot fad, and it sits in the cupboard unused. Was a bit hesitant with my Cosari air fryer, but i use it almost on a daily basis.

Its way more useful... especially to reheat pizza.
-----------------------------
Oh RFD!!! You've Broken my wallet.... :(
Jan 15, 2019
127 posts
296 upvotes
Art wrote: I jumped on the InstantPot fad, and it sits in the cupboard unused. Was a bit hesitant with my Cosari air fryer, but i use it almost on a daily basis.

Its way more useful... especially to reheat pizza.
I use my Instant Pot less often but still definitely use it. Look up some good recipes for it. I make some pretty sick ribs.

I also own this particular air fryer. I personally think it's great. I bought some accessories for it, one I particularly like is an aluminum frame that allows you to stack food so you get better space usage, so I can make some wings and fries at the same time.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2006
3398 posts
2820 upvotes
Markham
pythonbullocks wrote: I use my Instant Pot less often but still definitely use it. Look up some good recipes for it. I make some pretty sick ribs.

I also own this particular air fryer. I personally think it's great. I bought some accessories for it, one I particularly like is an aluminum frame that allows you to stack food so you get better space usage, so I can make some wings and fries at the same time.
100% agree on the ribs with the Instant Pot. Obviously, stews, soups and broths work well with the IP, but I’ve made pulled pork and some great oxtail recipes.

As for this air fryer, never used it but I had previously owned that basket style Insignia and replaced it with the more oven door style Insignia and in my opinion, these basket styles do a better job for those “deep fried” type of recipes. Also, a lot of online recipes tend to be tailored for these types of air fryers. I do like my oven style one as I can cook more, but it’s a bit more tricky moving trays (oil drips to food below) to keep cooking consistent if you max out the capacity.

Anyhow, reviews do seem good for Cosori air fryers.

Freedom Mobile $40/20GB
Public Mobile $38/5GB
Aug 3, 2005
630 posts
250 upvotes
I suggest a stainless steel Air Frier Oven to these cheaper plastic+teflon ones. these things are not very healthy and not versetile. the stainless steel oven versions (like the one from cuisinart) can be used as air fryer, toaster and oven and wont have the plastic smell and taste these leave in air and food...
I learned this the hardway myself.
Last edited by canadatoronto on Aug 17th, 2021 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
May 17, 2012
572 posts
422 upvotes
Montreal
Thanked as I have been looking for one of these for a while, pulled the trigger. Reviews seem to be good for the Cosoris and this appears to be the "newest" addition to their line (CP358-AF model) so will give this a shot.

I had read the Smart / Wi-Fi ones have vulnerabilities that make these easily hackable (yes, apparently hacking air fryers is a thing) so don't care / want smart features really.
Nov 10, 2011
18 posts
3 upvotes
Halifax
I bought the Cosori with Wifi option (non Pro) which is the exact same as this one and love it. It stayed in the box for a few months but once i started cooking with it, I got into a habit of using it a lot. I bought the Cosori because it was reviewed to be the best one for a family and also because it had a nice price. I would have gotten the Ninja because it seems to be the most popular one out there but I couldnt imagine paying what they wanted for a Ninja. The reviews on the Cosori are great and I love mine so far.
Mar 17, 2021
228 posts
540 upvotes
Richfields wrote: I just bought the smart/wifi version for 148 - 10 dollar coupon. Arrived today, but haven't had a chance to use it yet. Was contemplating getting the pro instead, but it appeared that the smart/wifi one is essentially the same as the pro, but the pro doesn't have wifi features but costs roughly the same. I doubt I'll use the smart/wifi features much, but I do like the idea of preheating it remotely and then just getting the food and popping it in. It is loud though, louder than my old PowerXL egg-shaped one from Costco.
I want the WiFi version, where is this deal and is it over now?
Oct 17, 2017
111 posts
203 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
How is the brand? Comparable to philips? That's the only other brand of air fryer that goes on sale often on amazon
Deal Guru
May 9, 2007
13752 posts
4114 upvotes
Vancouver Island, BC
I didn’t think I would use an air fryer. Eventually I bought some small T-Fal unit. My partner loved what I made. After a few months I got the Cosori 158 and use it several times a weeks.

With it, my Instant Pot, and my Anova sous vide, I don’t think I have turned the gas oven on in the past year.
Global warming will be exceeded during the 21st century unless deep reductions in carbon dioxide (CO2) and other greenhouse gas emissions occur (United Nations IPCC Report 2021)

Every disaster film starts with scientists being ignored
Nov 20, 2009
825 posts
787 upvotes
soneforlife wrote: How is the brand? Comparable to philips? That's the only other brand of air fryer that goes on sale often on amazon
Air fryers are not made with rocket science. It works fine, and I think it is all that matter. Comparable to Philips. Bigger basket for less money. I have been using a Cosori for 2 years and am very happy with it.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
3589 posts
2254 upvotes
West Coast
whitbyguy wrote: I want the WiFi version, where is this deal and is it over now?
Just looked at it appears to be back at 170. Bought it a few days ago, but didn't know it was a hot deal so didn't post it here. Oops. I'll throw it up here next time I see it on sale
Please don't ask or beg for "thanks". Don't act like this is Facebook. If someone found your post helpful, let them decide if they want to make that click. The more you beg, the less you'll get. Cheers