COSORI Smart WiFi Air Fryer 5.8QT- 147.36$ - All time low per 3Camel

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 28th, 2020 9:16 am
[OP]
Apr 21, 2017
547 posts
649 upvotes
Chelsea

[Amazon.ca] COSORI Smart WiFi Air Fryer 5.8QT- 147.36$ - All time low per 3Camel

Been looking for a decent Air Fryer for a while now, skipped on the foodi Air Fyer due to some users mentionning difficulties with cleaning.

This version is highly reviewed and at all all-time low (34 cents off all time at time of posting) per 3camel. https://imgur.com/a/FUjY4QP

Some users have mentioned that Wifi can be glitchy, however, at this price point, I believe it is a worthwhile extra.

Non-wifi version available @ 157.99 after 10$ coupon (more expensive than wifi version) : https://www.amazon.ca/COSORI-Electric-P ... B07N3SHJRM
Last edited by SimonL556 on Jul 20th, 2020 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
26 replies
Jan 2, 2011
493 posts
345 upvotes
Other than price is this as good as the highly coveted Philips?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2010
5275 posts
4894 upvotes
Edmonton
I've been using my Phillips air fryer 4-6x per week since 2017. It has a single mechanical knob, no screen, no touch buttons and no Wi-Fi. With the amount of heat and grease that these machines get exposed to, I can't imagine all those electronics surviving long term. Just my 2 cents.
Be a nice person and enjoy life

My feedback: Heatware Redflagdeals
Deal Addict
May 18, 2012
1102 posts
973 upvotes
MARKHAM
This is a bad deal. WIFI model SUCKS, the buttons are unresponsive. Do not purchase this at all costs you will definitely regret it.

The normal version is 100x better, and is a better purchase than the Philips air fryer (unless you have zero budget issues, then Philips is hands down the best choice).
[OP]
Apr 21, 2017
547 posts
649 upvotes
Chelsea
fatestkid wrote: I've been using my Phillips air fryer 4-6x per week since 2017. It has a single mechanical knob, no screen, no touch buttons and no Wi-Fi. With the amount of heat and grease that these machines get exposed to, I can't imagine all those electronics surviving long term. Just my 2 cents.
While I tend to agree, the Philips is more than double the price ... Perhaps the analog model @139.99 would be a viable alternative for those looking for simplicity : https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07T5JTWP5
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2010
5275 posts
4894 upvotes
Edmonton
SimonL556 wrote: While I tend to agree, the Philips is more than double the price ... Perhaps the analog model @139.99 would be a viable alternative for those looking for simplicity : https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07T5JTWP5
Agreed, it is hard to recommend Phillips because its overpriced in today's market. In 2017 there weren't many options. I was mostly suggesting to buy a more analog model and skip the gimmicks.
Be a nice person and enjoy life

My feedback: Heatware Redflagdeals
May 18, 2018
709 posts
720 upvotes
Cosori is a great air fryer, I have the model with no Wifi and we use it few times a week. I imagine Philips is good but at double the price, it's not that good :)
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2012
1632 posts
891 upvotes
I highly suggest getting this airfryer. It is hands down the best airfryer i have ever owned. currently out of stock but i would wait!

https://www.ninjakitchen.com/exclusive- ... er-max-xl/

Note that the basket is ceramic coated vs teflon (nonstick coating)

Bear in mind that the US website has some well known issues when ordering in Canadian dollar which results in a major discount for us. Try searching threads about Shark or Ninja.
Sep 6, 2019
91 posts
76 upvotes
Been using the normal version for over a year now. Very satisfied.

p.s. we don't really take good care of it but it's still running smooth.
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2005
3666 posts
1286 upvotes
Ottawa
FlukeSkywalker wrote: I highly suggest getting this airfryer. It is hands down the best airfryer i have ever owned. currently out of stock but i would wait!

https://www.ninjakitchen.com/exclusive- ... er-max-xl/

Note that the basket is ceramic coated vs teflon (nonstick coating)

Bear in mind that the US website has some well known issues when ordering in Canadian dollar which results in a major discount for us. Try searching threads about Shark or Ninja.
What other air fryers have you owned that this could compare to?
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
28884 posts
14419 upvotes
I can't think of literally any time where I've ever said that I wanted WIfi in my convection oven.
In fact, I can't think of a time where I want Wifi in most of my appliances.

What in tarnation are people using Wifi for on this?
learsid wrote: Other than price is this as good as the highly coveted Philips?
Philips is highly coveted? It's the stupidest one I've ever owned.
I HATED it with a passion.
Do you not have anything else to do rather than argue with strangers on the internet
Nope. That's why I'm on the internet arguing with strangers. If I had anything better to do I'd probably be doing it.
[OP]
Apr 21, 2017
547 posts
649 upvotes
Chelsea
death_hawk wrote: I can't think of literally any time where I've ever said that I wanted WIfi in my convection oven.
In fact, I can't think of a time where I want Wifi in most of my appliances.

What in tarnation are people using Wifi for on this?

Philips is highly coveted? It's the stupidest one I've ever owned.
I HATED it with a passion.
Personally, my wi-fi Anova is used around 5 times a week, all of it via wi-fi.

I set up an icebath in the morning, head out, can start it remotely and when I come home, quick sear and its ready.

I feel it depends on how you use it/your preferred way of using your appliances.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
28884 posts
14419 upvotes
SimonL556 wrote: Personally, my wi-fi Anova is used around 5 times a week, all of it via wi-fi.
I have the original (no wireless) and the BT model myself and there's still not one time where I can think of where I've ever said "this would be awesome if I could remotely connect to it"
But then again I don't really do anything quick cooking via sous vide since I think it's a poor method.
I feel it depends on how you use it/your preferred way of using your appliances.
That's why I'm trying to figure out a use case for Wifi in an oven.
Preheat? Maybe. But unless you have zero prep time, even this is unnecessary. Even then I don't preheat mine and I just adjust the cooking time.
It's not like a sous vide where it has to heat a mass of water first. Air is easy to heat.
Do you not have anything else to do rather than argue with strangers on the internet
Nope. That's why I'm on the internet arguing with strangers. If I had anything better to do I'd probably be doing it.
[OP]
Apr 21, 2017
547 posts
649 upvotes
Chelsea
death_hawk wrote: I have the original (no wireless) and the BT model myself and there's still not one time where I can think of where I've ever said "this would be awesome if I could remotely connect to it"
But then again I don't really do anything quick cooking via sous vide since I think it's a poor method.
That's why I'm trying to figure out a use case for Wifi in an oven.
Preheat? Maybe. But unless you have zero prep time, even this is unnecessary. Even then I don't preheat mine and I just adjust the cooking time.
It's not like a sous vide where it has to heat a mass of water first. Air is easy to heat.
I agree with your mention that Wi-Fi is not needed on this. But Wi-Fi was cheaper than non-wifi.

As for the anova, I’ll e.g. place my marinated steak in an ice bath in the morning - go to work - start it remotely (from work) late afternoon - arrive home, food is ready, quick sear + steamed veggies and good to go. But everybody is different, and I’m glad your method works well for you !
Jan 2, 2014
829 posts
569 upvotes
I keep seeing these on a MaxSold liquidation listing..... I feel they are probably no bueno
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2012
1632 posts
891 upvotes
shadow_cruiser wrote: What other air fryers have you owned that this could compare to?
Cuisinart TOA-65C - digital oven
Cuisinart TOA-60C - manual knobs oven
Chefman Air Fryer Convection - manual knobs oven
Nutrichef AFAIK 42 - basket - digital

Never buying a oven style again - nice idea but a real pain in the arse for upkeep especially if your family uses the airfryer 1-3 times daily for frying and not only for reheating baked goods. For the sake of easy maintenance, basket airfryers are the way to go.
Last edited by FlukeSkywalker on Jul 20th, 2020 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2005
3666 posts
1286 upvotes
Ottawa
FlukeSkywalker wrote: Cuisinart TOA-65C - digital oven
Cuisinart TOA-60C - manual knobs oven
Chefman Air Fryer Convection - manual knobs oven
Nutrichef AFAIK 42 - basket - digital
Really helpful, thank you so much!
Jan 2, 2011
493 posts
345 upvotes
I've been wanting an air fryer big enough to do a whole roast chicken. This might be worth trying for the price and warranty. Wanted the Philips but it's $300 when on sale.
Oct 20, 2014
667 posts
284 upvotes
Trenton, on
for whole chicken I recommend the Instant Vortex plus, as it will rotate. was $100 @ london drugs last black friday.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Instant-Vort ... /461120825
learsid wrote: I've been wanting an air fryer big enough to do a whole roast chicken. This might be worth trying for the price and warranty. Wanted the Philips but it's $300 when on sale.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
28884 posts
14419 upvotes
FlukeSkywalker wrote:
Never buying a oven style again - nice idea but a real pain in the arse for upkeep especially if your family uses the airfryer 1-3 times daily for frying and not only for reheating baked goods. For the sake of easy maintenance, basket airfryers are the way to go.
Really? I have a TOA-60C and prefer it over a basket (Philips) any day of the week. I HATED the philips with a passion.
The oven style is SO much easier to clean too.