Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

+ COSTCO - Great Deal -- AeroGarden Harvest Elite PLATINUM $192.05 (Reg $229.95)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 20th, 2020 2:33 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2020
1573 posts
6941 upvotes
Vancouver Island

[Amazon.ca] + COSTCO - Great Deal -- AeroGarden Harvest Elite PLATINUM $192.05 (Reg $229.95)

Amazon has the AeroGarden Harvest Elite - Platinum on for $ 192.05 (Reg. $229.95)

https://www.amazon.ca/AeroGarden-901131 ... X6CJ/?th=1
a.jpg

And Costco has the Harvest Elite SLIM for $
Thanks Rfdealspotter! https://www.costco.ca/aerogarden-harves ... 93515.html

Image.jpg
Last edited by IslandDeal on Nov 18th, 2020 10:30 am, edited 3 times in total.

46 replies
Jul 4, 2005
968 posts
180 upvotes
This looks really interesting. Does anyone have any experience with this product.

What can I grow in these?
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2007
4795 posts
3847 upvotes
GTA
Midevilshadow wrote: This looks really interesting. Does anyone have any experience with this product.

Pretty much anything! I use it to start my growing of herbs and then transplant them to bigger pots. Great for winter as well.
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2020
1573 posts
6941 upvotes
Vancouver Island
Midevilshadow wrote: This looks really interesting. Does anyone have any experience with this product.

ADRiiAN` wrote: Pretty much anything! I use it to start my growing of herbs and then transplant them to bigger pots. Great for winter as well.

I bought one on Amazon Prime Day and I love it ! It came with a Heirloom lettuce kit.

This is day 4, the seedlings just started to appear.
Deal1.jpg

Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
4626 posts
3267 upvotes
Ottawa

Lots of fresh herbs, and even can grow hot peppers. Comes w some seed kits, and you can buy a grow anything kit, to drop in your own seeds of anything to grow. This is a good price, I paid full pop for mine after missing the CT sale.

It's extremely bright, fair warning
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2020
1573 posts
6941 upvotes
Vancouver Island
This is Day 6, very exciting.

Deal1.jpg

Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2020
1573 posts
6941 upvotes
Vancouver Island
iddqd85 wrote: I wanted an aerogarden, but decided to get a proper light for like the same price. Some dollar store pots and some soil, will have a nice indoor garden I think. Obviously this isn't for everyone.
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B08B87 ... UTF8&psc=1
Nice find Iddqd85 !

1500 Watts is great and with a $13 coupon, it's $157.00

I wanted something that could "fit-in" in the kitchen and we love the "Super Bright" lights in winter.

Sep 17, 2007
924 posts
844 upvotes
Toronto
IslandDeal wrote: Nice find Iddqd85 !

1500 Watts is great and with a $13 coupon, it's $157.00

I wanted something that could "fit-in" in the kitchen and we love the "Super Bright" lights in winter.
How much is the electricity cost? Will cops come knocking my doors, If I run a couple of these?
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2014
2261 posts
764 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
DARSHAKJUST4U wrote: How much is the electricity cost? Will cops come knocking my doors, If I run a couple of these?
100w i think. Not that much.
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2020
1573 posts
6941 upvotes
Vancouver Island
DARSHAKJUST4U wrote: How much is the electricity cost? Will cops come knocking my doors, If I run a couple of these?
This unit uses 200 Watts/hour (1500W/H Equivalent) so it will cost about $ 2 cents per hour. (At 10 cents/KWH) Usually you would use it for 12-18 hours a day.

Just to compare, 1 Bitcoin mining appliance uses up to 10,000W / hour (Real, not Equivalent,) (About $1.00 per hour.)

Notice the 200W at the bottom of this picture:

Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2014
2261 posts
764 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
IslandDeal wrote: This unit uses 200 Watts/hour (1500W/H Equivalent) so it will cost about $ 2 cents per hour. (At 10 cents/KWH) Usually you would use it for 12-18 hours a day.

Just to compare, 1 Bitcoin mining appliance uses up to 10,000W / hour (Real, not Equivalent,) (About $1.00 per hour.)

Notice the 200W at the bottom of this picture:

Exactly. It's not nothing, but it's not a significant amount.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2003
1436 posts
379 upvotes
Ottawa
Would you guys buy this or just the light?

https://www.amazon.ca/AeroGarden-LED-Gr ... B0725QBG1G

When the plant sprout, is there an advantage of keeping it under the light vs just naturally sunlight?

Other than the 100% germination guarantee, their selling 9 seed tomato pods for $29.99? Can’t one buy bags of seeds for like $2?
Dec 16, 2006
115 posts
91 upvotes
Edmonton
So I have started all my seeds last year. I want to point out a few things. I have the small aerogarden, the 3 pod. It works wells. I take cuttings from existing plants and root them. I have done this with basil, mint, rosemary, thyme, onions. The light that comes with the aerogardens is really good from my experiences. Better sketchy amazon ones. I have both. As for natural vrs led lights, if you have crap lights, you will get crap plants. They will end up spindly. The secret is to get them close as possible to the plant. With the aerogarden, it's pre-set. You put it at the lowest setting when they sprout.
I don't bother with the fancy aerogarden pods. You can get the net-pots on bulk from amazon for the price of 1 kit. I user rockwool in mine as a medium. I got a huge chunk on sale a couple years back and it's lasted. You just take a small cube, cut it in half, shove the plant to be rooted in it, and smash it into the net-pot.

Especially, once they are rooted I move them into a soil pot and half them other a fluorescent grow light i got from a grow-store a few year back. Again, the secret is to keep the lights close without burning them.

Finally, this fall i finally got around to adding some fans, and getting a few cheap indoor greenhouses. I moved alot of herbs and pepers in and with lighting. I took cuttings off the herbs and I'm rooting them in the aerogarden. My goal is to have an okay supply of fresh herbs all winter long. I have also started microgreens.

So here is my TL;DR. I like the aerogarden kits. They make it easier for new gardeners or busy people to grow decent plants. Skip the expensive accessories and use your own cuttings or seeds. If you grow beyond the aerogardens, you can always use them for sprouting or keeping a couple of small plants on the kitchen counter. Real light is always best. If you use indoor lighting, get it close.

oceans_end wrote: Would you guys buy this or just the light?

https://www.amazon.ca/AeroGarden-LED-Gr ... B0725QBG1G
When the plant sprout, is there an advantage of keeping it under the light vs just naturally sunlight?

Other than the 100% germination guarantee, their selling 9 seed tomato pods for $29.99? Can’t one buy bags of seeds for like $2?
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2020
1573 posts
6941 upvotes
Vancouver Island
prosonik wrote: So I have started all my seeds last year. I want to point out a few things. I have the small aerogarden, the 3 pod. It works wells. I take cuttings from existing plants and root them.
Thank you very much for the detailed post Prosonik!

I do my cuttings in Soil with or without rooting powder and it take about 1-2 months, depending on the plant or tree.

Can I just add my cuttings to the Aerogarden ? If so, do I need to use rooting powder or make any changes to the Aerogarden solution ?

Thanks again,

IslandDeal

Aug 30, 2014
100 posts
175 upvotes
Markham, ON
Thanks for the post OP. It's a pretty good deal. Personally I have had some success with areo garden. I don't mean to high jack your post, but another great alternative to this would be Moistenland. I choose that over another aero garden unit because it has a lot of pods and water space for cheaper price. It might not seem much of a difference at first, but these plants, whatever you choose to plant, their roots grow like crazy and most plants take up lots of space. This also work with aero garden pods, or you can just buy any seeds and plant them. I cant speak for how long their led lights would last as I only got it recently, but so far so good.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07ZCVTTRS/ref ... oding=UTF8

Here are my cherry tomatoes from aero garden. Yes, they grew much taller then the aero garden lights. I just place them under the bay windows so they get both artificial and real sun light.
Images
  • 1603418874120791148596037618178.jpg
  • 16034188928937711073897849229389.jpg
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2003
1436 posts
379 upvotes
Ottawa
Mantisking wrote: Thanks for the post OP. It's a pretty good deal. Personally I have had some success with areo garden. I don't mean to high jack your post, but another great alternative to this would be Moistenland. I choose that over another aero garden unit because it has a lot of pods and water space for cheaper price. It might not seem much of a difference at first, but these plants, whatever you choose to plant, their roots grow like crazy and most plants take up lots of space. This also work with aero garden pods, or you can just buy any seeds and plant them. I cant speak for how long their led lights would last as I only got it recently, but so far so good.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07ZCVTTRS/ref ... oding=UTF8

Here are my cherry tomatoes from aero garden. Yes, they grew much taller then the aero garden lights. I just place them under the bay windows so they get both artificial and real sun light.
Why aren’t you moving the tomatoes plant to a bigger pot?
Aug 30, 2014
100 posts
175 upvotes
Markham, ON
Mostly because I'm too lazy.. I did once have the thought of doing so but the roots were all tangled up so I didn't want to bother... i just keep adding water daily and I still get decent return... Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Cold Sweat
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2007
3567 posts
3194 upvotes
I bought a $35 grow light from Amazon, planted herb seeds in normal pots... Added water and they are growing very well.

No expensive pods or miniature overpriced aerogarden. Just seeds, soil, water and light.