Coway 1512 Replacement filter kit $55.92

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 23rd, 2020 12:37 pm
[OP]
Jan 17, 2008
422 posts
142 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Coway 1512 Replacement filter kit $55.92

I realize this is a fairly niche item, but this is an all time low for this replacement filter kit.

This is for one of the highest rated air purifiers, the Coway AP-1512HH.

I personally don't need them right now, as I primarily use my purifier in the winter months, but I figured this was as good a time as any to stock up on these filters!

They are rated to last a year (but of course it depends on your usage).
25 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2008
3696 posts
5020 upvotes
Oakville
By far and wide the best air purifier I've ever used.

My Dyson air purifier is an over priced piece of trash compared to this, regret buying it.

Ordered some filters. And have another Conway on order from BedBath based on another posted thread earlier this week.

Thanks OP! Saved me $30!
-ZdpZ... ;)
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2013
1321 posts
1286 upvotes
@bk Any tests done showing the performance difference between OEM and 3rd party filters? I have this filter but it seems “silly” to do hours of research to find the best filter only to undermine the performance of the unit with inferior filters.
Jul 30, 2019
116 posts
84 upvotes
Vancouver
Just bought filters at full price 2 weeks ago, time to call customer service. Thanks for finding this!
Dec 19, 2012
126 posts
295 upvotes
CALGARY
Have 2 of these that I should replace. Thanks for the post!
May 14, 2020
21 posts
8 upvotes
Thanks for the post. I replaced mine a month ago at regular price but bought another one to stock up
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2007
1294 posts
1308 upvotes
Where did you guys buy this air purifier? Amazon is always out of stock or way over priced from 3rd party sellers.
Jun 4, 2011
251 posts
198 upvotes
Zaptor99 wrote: Where did you guys buy this air purifier? Amazon is always out of stock or way over priced from 3rd party sellers.
Bought it on amazon before covid hit, when it was at an all time low of like $209 or so. With this virus out there, I doubt it will hit that low again for a long time since it's now a demand item. You can try bedbathbeyond, they had it when I was looking, may not now. Kind of regret not buying 2 units, it really is very good.

Info nobody asked for: the air purifier is amazing for something I never thought of. Yes it filters out cat hair and dust, and it's funny when it auto-revs into high gear when the cat takes a dump, but the icing on the cake is I haven't set off a single smoke alarm while cooking as long as the unit is running. Before I had it, pan frying certain foods would basically guarantee I'd have to go shut up the smoke alarms, not so anymore!
Nov 6, 2015
238 posts
245 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Wow thank you for the post! I knew the filters were expensive but I never thought they would go on sale.

I picked one up for my coway.

Cheers
Dec 20, 2018
724 posts
1111 upvotes
I can't remember where, but there was some grad student in China that strapped a hepa filter to a fan and it was pretty effective.
Outlaw ellipses and apostrophes.
Nov 16, 2019
196 posts
97 upvotes
evoviii wrote: Go one step further and get it from Aliexpress and get 2x HEPA + 6x charcoal for $25 USD
Do you have a link handy per chance?
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2005
4964 posts
2371 upvotes
Markham
dmitrym879060355 wrote: Do you have a link handy per chance?
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001132 ... hweb201603_

Just noticed that all the sellers on aliexpress charge shipping, so for this one $33 USD which makes it just a little cheaper ($23 CAD including shipping) than the amazon so it's probably not worth it. Without shipping it'd be worth the wait
Deal Fanatic
May 18, 2009
7292 posts
2295 upvotes
Richmond Hill
anthony9 wrote: I can't remember where, but there was some grad student in China that strapped a hepa filter to a fan and it was pretty effective.

that is what an air purifier basically is
Last edited by yesstyle on Jul 18th, 2020 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 16, 2019
196 posts
97 upvotes
evoviii wrote: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001132 ... hweb201603_

Just noticed that all the sellers on aliexpress charge shipping, so for this one $33 USD which makes it just a little cheaper ($23 CAD including shipping) than the amazon so it's probably not worth it. Without shipping it'd be worth the wait
Yeah I noticed that Ali charges shipping now. I think some postal agreeement just went into effect. I picked up a couple of small things and the shipping was just as much as the items. Gonna see how long it takes.