Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Coway Airmega AP-1512HH air purifier - 207.35

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 19th, 2022 11:27 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
3999 posts
6231 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Coway Airmega AP-1512HH air purifier - 207.35

This is on sale and a very good price for an air purifier unit that has been reviewed very well.

Air filters are also affordable for this particular unit.

The tower version is also on sale, but I am not familiar with it.
Limited-time deal: Coway AP-1216L Tower Mighty Air Purifier with True HEPA, White, Tall https://a.co/d/5bvyrKI
Thread Summary
List Price: $298.99
Deal Price: $207.35
You Save: $91.64 (31%)
79 replies
Feb 21, 2008
200 posts
481 upvotes
Been using mine for about a year and a half. I also have the Winix C535 RFD favourite as well.

Pros:
- air exchange is very quick
- quiet
- removable dust screen, filter change is relatively painless
- $207 is a great price
- looks like a giant old school iPod shuffle lol

Cons:
- it’s quite large and bulky vs the Winix
- OEM replacement filters are very expensive and sometimes hard to find. I ordered from Amazon US for a while because that was the only place that had them.

I think the Winix when it’s on sale is better value but the Coway is a way better product.
Apr 30, 2008
908 posts
481 upvotes
Toronto
Have the Coway as well for about 2 years. Exceptional product and agree with the previous post about all the pros cons. This thing can move a ton of air so it cleans very well.

Filters are expensive but you can find generic ones for much less on Amazon fairly easily and I’ve had no issues with them.

Great price. I’d get another one if I needed a purifier.
Nov 3, 2020
99 posts
230 upvotes
Already have one and have had another one in my cart forever and it’s almost never dipped below $270.

With winter keeping up all trapped inside with our germs more, this is a no-brainer purchase if you have the funds.

Also as far as replacement filters go, the 3rd party ones that wirecutter suggests may be a good bet - no appreciable difference in quality or performance.

Though another thing to note based on wirecutters testing is that these filters last much longer than advertised. So unless they get really gunked up you could use them for at least a year.

Really my only cons are the lights need to be covered if you need it dark in the space it’s in, and sometimes my fan will make a ticking noise and has to be reoriented for it to go away (could just be wear and tear on my unit)

Also also, qualifies for the $15 promotional credit from the Huggies deal ;)
Last edited by NigelL64428 on Nov 29th, 2022 8:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jul 28, 2010
692 posts
880 upvotes
Montreal
Mine has been on 24hr for more than 5 yrs now. Recommended.
I prefer it more than the winix or germguardian from costco. I find it catches more dust, but the other 2 work but not as well imo.
Nov 12, 2020
45 posts
52 upvotes
NigelL64428 wrote:
Really my only cons are the lights need to be covered if you need it dark in the space it’s in

You can hold the ionizer button for three seconds to disable the light.
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2008
3501 posts
3453 upvotes
Victoria
Thinking of replacing my 10-year-old Sharp unit with this. I use it on the highest setting for white noise while sleeping - can anyone comment on the Coway’s volume?
Sep 30, 2012
74 posts
278 upvotes
canada
cooper83 wrote: Thinking of replacing my 10-year-old Sharp unit with this. I use it on the highest setting for white noise while sleeping - can anyone comment on the Coway’s volume?
I use the Coway for white noise on its highest (3rd) setting at night. It's plenty loud as fan noise if you want it to be.
Nov 16, 2018
104 posts
143 upvotes
This is a crazy deal. I bought this for 277 back in 2019, in for a second one.
Mar 7, 2016
217 posts
210 upvotes
Ottawa
dammit. I might've bought two of this in black instead of airmega 400 in white :S

Looks like HHS (smart + carbon pellet) version is -33% $265.85; less than $60 more than HH version at $207
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2007
4115 posts
809 upvotes
How do you guys decide where to place these in your house? Never had one before but our youngest wakes up with a runny nose/cough every morning. Think it might help.

If 800 sq ft coverage, I'm guessing at the top of the stairs is a good spot...? Do you need one on every floor?
RFD'er since 2007 😎
Mar 7, 2016
217 posts
210 upvotes
Ottawa
mself084 wrote: How do you guys decide where to place these in your house? Never had one before but our youngest wakes up with a runny nose/cough every morning. Think it might help.

If 800 sq ft coverage, I'm guessing at the top of the stairs is a good spot...? Do you need one on every floor?
iirc:
not directly in front of vents
ideally in heavy traffic circulation areas of the room. edit*
closer to where you spend most of your time (e.g. beside bed if in bedroom, or near sofa in living room).

Depending on the airflow in/out, you 'll want to place it like 1-2 feet away from wall but i don't believe it applies to coway since air in = front, out = up

if you want 800 sq ft coverage, you might want to consider buying 2-3 of these and spread across that area.
Last edited by spike29 on Nov 29th, 2022 10:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
May 27, 2016
454 posts
227 upvotes
Uxbridge, ON
mself084 wrote: How do you guys decide where to place these in your house? Never had one before but our youngest wakes up with a runny nose/cough every morning. Think it might help.

This one is only good for big rooms or condos. I'm using the Airmega 400S on my main level and it cleans the whole floor and the upper area (I've placed it in the center near the stairs), but I have a separate one for the bedroom to ensure good sleep. I have another one in my finished basement for full coverage (or attempt at).
Jun 14, 2022
113 posts
120 upvotes
Had this product years ago, it emitted ozone even when the ionizer was off. Had to return it for that reason, maybe I got a lemon. But I'd recommend staying away from purifiers with an ionizer.
Apr 30, 2008
908 posts
481 upvotes
Toronto
cooper83 wrote: Thinking of replacing my 10-year-old Sharp unit with this. I use it on the highest setting for white noise while sleeping - can anyone comment on the Coway’s volume?
Also have two older Sharp units. Still love them and still use them to this day. Not a single issue with them after decade as well.

The Coway has 3 fan speed settings. The lowest I would say is quieter than my Sharp's, so they're whisper quiet, which is key for me. I have some other germguardian ones from Costco that have an annoying buzz sound even at the slowest setting, which even as white noise I can't stand that particular frequency. My Coway though does set off some weird, very quiet "tick tick tick" sound like something is loose in there, which is resolved by giving the unit a light shake (it's not the Sharp ionizer tick sound). Speed 2 for me is likely the speed I'd use for white noise, while speed 3 is crazy loud - louder and more powerful than any of the Sharp's. Not sure how much energy speed 3 uses, but it seems like overkill for overnight sleep. If not for unnecessary utility bills, you'd certainly wake up to some seriously fresh air.

It's wild when you replace the HEPA filters for any of these purifiers, how much dirt is trapped. Brand new filters are white, and the used, dirty ones are straight up brown and filthy. Crazy to think that's all the stuff we'd be breathing in otherwise.
Dec 7, 2005
356 posts
95 upvotes
Halifax
gtror350z wrote: This one is only good for big rooms or condos. I'm using the Airmega 400S on my main level and it cleans the whole floor and the upper area (I've placed it in the center near the stairs), but I have a separate one for the bedroom to ensure good sleep. I have another one in my finished basement for full coverage (or attempt at).
I literally bought the AirMega 400 yesterday (cyber Monday sale) so thanks for your feedback on its performance! I also own the model posted by the OP (AP-1512HH) and currently have it on the main level (great room layout) and I know when I'm cooking sometimes, I've seen the light go purple and sometimes even red and then ramp up to clean the air and it's amazing what a difference it makes (we have 2 dogs, and the wife has allergies). We'll be moving that unit to the bedroom and just leaving it on auto and let the monster 400 take care of the main level (and apparently upper based on your feedback!).
Apr 30, 2008
908 posts
481 upvotes
Toronto
gtror350z wrote: This one is only good for big rooms or condos. I'm using the Airmega 400S on my main level and it cleans the whole floor and the upper area (I've placed it in the center near the stairs), but I have a separate one for the bedroom to ensure good sleep. I have another one in my finished basement for full coverage (or attempt at).
Can I ask how you know the 400s cleans your whole floor and upper area? I'm just curious how you measure that. For my main floor, I've got older Sharp units in the dining area and one in the living room. I'm wondering now if I should consolidate and just get a 400s if it does indeed clean an entire (small) floor.

Thanks.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 25, 2005
5403 posts
2639 upvotes
Hooped wrote: I literally bought the AirMega 400 yesterday (cyber Monday sale) so thanks for your feedback on its performance! I also own the model posted by the OP (AP-1512HH) and currently have it on the main level (great room layout) and I know when I'm cooking sometimes, I've seen the light go purple and sometimes even red and then ramp up to clean the air and it's amazing what a difference it makes (we have 2 dogs, and the wife has allergies). We'll be moving that unit to the bedroom and just leaving it on auto and let the monster 400 take care of the main level (and apparently upper based on your feedback!).
what was the price point yesterday? interested now so would be a good reference point
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
3999 posts
6231 upvotes
DogeMusk wrote: what was the price point yesterday? interested now so would be a good reference point
About $440 if I recall for coway 400
Mar 7, 2016
217 posts
210 upvotes
Ottawa
DogeMusk wrote: what was the price point yesterday? interested now so would be a good reference point
$440 for airmega 400. And it's more comparable to two HHS $265 due to activated carbon pellets than HH carbon sheet.

airmega 400 has better aesthetics unless you have Trypophobia

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)