Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] CR2032 3v Lithium Batteries - 20count- 25cents each $5.05 no tax

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 2nd, 2020 5:26 pm
Mar 28, 2019
84 posts
146 upvotes
Don't buy these, j bought them even with the reviews. They all died within days In my shield remote.
Oct 28, 2006
601 posts
310 upvotes
Alberta
ipassgas wrote: I'll take a flyer for $5.05 delivered.... I'm sure they will be fine for my scale, my key fob, and what I need them for.
Can't comment on these but probably same as ikea ones. In my key fob ikea ones lasted little over 6 months, way too short. I bought 15 pack Sony ones from Amazon and it's been over 2.5 years and still working fine in the fob
Last edited by shinku on Oct 21st, 2020 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 2, 2006
414 posts
189 upvotes
yuprules wrote: With a 75% failure rate in a recent review, you should had just paid $5.05 for ONE energizer CR 2032 that will out last the ENTIRE 20 pack :)

I actually use rechargeable CR 2032 batteries from Aliexpress. You can buy a kit that comes with a charger AND rechargeable CR2032 batteries that can be charged hundreds of times. Search for "coin battery charger" and make sure the plug is USB or says U.S. Plug.
I didn't even know rechargeable existed for these.
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2012
9584 posts
8871 upvotes
Markham
I used to buy cheap batteries on Amazon. They tend to last between 5 days to a few weeks. I never bought those cheap batteries again.

Don't do it, it's not wroth your hassle.
Oct 28, 2012
109 posts
28 upvotes
Toronto
Yes. Cheap batteries not worth it, especially in critical applications. If you have the keyless remote on your car die and you're stuck, that is not fun! Try renata batteries. Very reliable.
Mar 27, 2012
773 posts
188 upvotes
Gotham
jasonchewy wrote: My CR2032 from IKEA and dollarama have failed me many times.
Now I only use them for toys and such.
Anything more essential I've used batteries from this Amazon seller:
https://www.amazon.ca/s?me=A2NC6JI3R42I ... Q1WTGCTBG2

gotten watch batteries and cr2032 from there, and works great.
I also got 2PC Energizer CR2032 ECR2032 Coin Cell Battery 3V Lithium for the car keys. Highly recommend after having troubles with other batteries.
Dec 25, 2012
525 posts
583 upvotes
Ontario
I use to make the mistake of buying cheap batteries like these online. Never again. Would rather spend the money and buy a name brand energizer from a retail store then these weak near expired batteries that drain fast. Pay the money for the real deal. You'll be happy you did. Eat one less McDonald's burger and there you go, you got the difference in $
Deal Fanatic
Jul 15, 2008
9390 posts
2132 upvotes
Toronto
Don't buy these cheap batteries for keyfobs. It's not worth the hassle as they might not be good enough.

I would go with energizers or duracell for things that you need reliability on. These are fine for digital scales or thermometers, low power stuff.
Dec 10, 2014
785 posts
601 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Get the Sony ones, they are good in my experience I use them for guitar tuners. The dollarama ones are trash
May 17, 2010
304 posts
286 upvotes
ottawa, ontario
alpovs wrote: Thank you! I had no idea Costco sold these online.
I just noticed them this week under "what's new" @ costco.ca
I use a bunch of these at Christmas time with some of my battery operated lights and remote control light fobs.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2004
5906 posts
4579 upvotes
Just to charm in that I paid for Amazon Basic ones for about 10 for $7.32 last week.

They have expiry date of 03-2028.

I only go thru like 2 a year so this is probably fine.
Sep 10, 2008
788 posts
203 upvotes
I'm running my 2 fobs on Ikeas, about 1.5years now. Still working, no lowbatt notice yet.
Dec 11, 2008
392 posts
225 upvotes
Toronto
The problem with nonames or knockoffs is that you can't trust them to still be good a year or so down the road.

I've purchased many third party batteries and the one thing that stands out is that the voltage is usually lower on the nonames or offbrands.
Recently, I bought a bunch of 2450's, and 2016's and they either couldn't turn on the device or had barely enough voltage to last.

It takes a bit of doing but you can get valid Sony and Maxell batteries at a good price.
Deal Addict
Jun 25, 2004
3911 posts
479 upvotes
Pickering, ON
mik99 wrote: I just noticed them this week under "what's new" @ costco.ca
I use a bunch of these at Christmas time with some of my battery operated lights and remote control light fobs.
Same, also noticed Costco started carrying these.

Will likely buy a pack when I see them in warehouse. No more crappy dollar store ones.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2004
9469 posts
2042 upvotes
Montreal
sci05 wrote: I didn't even know rechargeable existed for these.
Yes, neither did I until I decided to Google Rechargeable CR2032. They are actually used in older motherboards on PC's to store all the settings!
trilobites wrote: I'm running my 2 fobs on Ikeas, about 1.5years now. Still working, no lowbatt notice yet.
I blew through the ENTIRE CR2032 Ikea pack in 6 months. Never again!