Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

CR2032 3v Lithium Batteries - 20count- 25cents each $5.05 no tax

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 2nd, 2020 5:26 pm
Jun 12, 2013
291 posts
320 upvotes
Edmonton
yuprules wrote: I have no name rechargeable CR2032 ones from Aliexpress that I got with the charger. They last as long as the Dollarama ones in my Pokémon Go Plus ( a bluetooth device to play Pokémon Go, very high/heavy usage, 2-3 months in this device, again HEAVY drain hence the short life). The black charger has two slots and two UK Prongs, looks like it's going to catch fire at any moment. I suggest the more expensive looking one LOL.
Lol that's exactly what I was planning on using it with. I just hate taking out the little screw on the back
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
23019 posts
6892 upvotes
Scarberia
are these the ones used in apple 4k remotes or the 2017 nvidia shield? tia
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Oct 16, 2002
834 posts
674 upvotes
Klikerko wrote:

Conclusion
The Duracell battery reached 2V after 26 hours, while the LiCB battery lasted only 12 hours. In this scenario, Duracell easily outlasted LiCB but I would still go for LiCB battery for non-essential devices.
This could be a result of slightly different chemistry. Depending on the chemistry the nominal voltage can be slightly different, but both batteries may nevertheless have a similar capacity. Have you tried to calculate the total capacity, ie until the point the voltage starts to drop sharply down? Many devices may not have a 2v cutoff, but instead start to draw higher current, until the end. Can you program the arduino to draw constant power rather than using constant current?
Jul 28, 2011
256 posts
187 upvotes
Toronto
methyl wrote: This could be a result of slightly different chemistry. Depending on the chemistry the nominal voltage can be slightly different, but both batteries may nevertheless have a similar capacity. Have you tried to calculate the total capacity, ie until the point the voltage starts to drop sharply down? Many devices may not have a 2v cutoff, but instead start to draw higher current, until the end. Can you program the arduino to draw constant power rather than using constant current?
I'm not aware of the way to have Arduino draw constant power. Regardless, I would prefer an external device to do that and let Arduino do only logic. I got interested in this project as I'm learning a lot so I'm working on a few improvements.
1) Ability to measure draw
2) Better (more accurate) external device with variable load (LEDs were OK for a proof of concept)
3) Ability to measure up to 12V (Current limit is 5V)

I might redoo the test once I have everything in place.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2007
7579 posts
5272 upvotes
Toronto
If you enjoy replacing these coin battery every other months like I do on your key fob, buy these brand. Atleast you will be proficient at taking the fob apart.
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2011
2088 posts
1511 upvotes
Toronto
I'm sometimes surprised by how passionate people get about the most mundane things.

I've bought my CR2032 and other button batteries from eBay (no name brands) and haven't had any issues. I haven't notice them die all that much faster compared to the Energizer's I used to buy. I think once in a while I'll notice the odd one die out faster but by and large they last about as long (but I'm not there with a stop watch).

Anywho, FWIW. I don't want to fight about it.

Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2005
4081 posts
1967 upvotes
Toronto
Its the mah = amp hours that make a big difference in these batteries. My keyfob for my MB doesn't last long with the cheapo batteries.
Aug 15, 2007
614 posts
265 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I do not recommend buying small brands for these batteries, or else you'll be replacing them after a few weeks/months, I made this mistake trying to save a few dollars.

The Sony ones from this seller have been working great, at $11/20pcs it's a super great price!

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00WXE ... UTF8&psc=1
Deal Fanatic
Nov 25, 2003
5581 posts
7780 upvotes
Vancouver
Interestingly no one mentioned (or I missed it) LIVINGbasics CR2032 3V Lithium Coin Cell Battery 4/Pack that's very often $.99 @ Prime Cables. Very popular when there is a free shipping event. I had decent results with these, however I have a very limited use for them. So at the same note I don't need a lot of them at once. Generally, reviews are OK...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who gives up a little freedom to gain a little security, deserves neither and will lose both. (Benjamin Franklin)
Apr 8, 2007
872 posts
337 upvotes
I'm the OP. I've used 5 of the 20 so far. Despite all the analysis and all the theorizing, the five I've used so far seem fine. 2 key fobs, 1 garage door remote, and 2 in my bathroom scale. (unfortunately, I was hoping they wouldn't be strong enough and would underestimate my weight -- that didn't happen). For 25 cents each, so far so good. My humble opinion -- you guys are spending too much time analyzing this. Good deal on cheap batteries.... and if they don't last quite as long as whatever name brand, I have 15 more in the box ready to go!
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2006
4593 posts
19427 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
ipassgas wrote: I'm the OP. I've used 5 of the 20 so far. Despite all the analysis and all the theorizing, the five I've used so far seem fine. 2 key fobs, 1 garage door remote, and 2 in my bathroom scale. (unfortunately, I was hoping they wouldn't be strong enough and would underestimate my weight -- that didn't happen). For 25 cents each, so far so good. My humble opinion -- you guys are spending too much time analyzing this. Good deal on cheap batteries.... and if they don't last quite as long as whatever name brand, I have 15 more in the box ready to go!
Think of the environment!!
Deal Guru
Aug 15, 2015
10494 posts
7628 upvotes
ON
ipassgas wrote: I'm the OP. I've used 5 of the 20 so far. Despite all the analysis and all the theorizing, the five I've used so far seem fine. 2 key fobs, 1 garage door remote, and 2 in my bathroom scale. (unfortunately, I was hoping they wouldn't be strong enough and would underestimate my weight -- that didn't happen). For 25 cents each, so far so good. My humble opinion -- you guys are spending too much time analyzing this. Good deal on cheap batteries.... and if they don't last quite as long as whatever name brand, I have 15 more in the box ready to go!
It shows OP next to your username in all your posts in the threads you start, you don't need to say it.
There's no theorizing, folks are talking about their experiences with such products, as your personal experience only might not represent the real performance. Don't take it personally, especially when you post deals about no name products from companies that don't have a significant presence in the market.