• Last Updated:
  • Jun 16th, 2020 3:00 pm
[OP]
May 28, 2011
63 posts
86 upvotes
Edmonton

[Amazon.ca] CRAFTSMAN 60L 6.5 HP Wet/Dry Vac + Detachable Blower

CRAFTSMAN 60 Litre (16 Gallon) 6.5 Peak HP Wet/Dry Vac with Detachable Leaf Blower. Ships from and sold by Amazon.ca

This is kind of a warm deal, but I need a vacuum now, and this has the highest HP motor plus a detachable blower, so that's a good deal to me.

I've read on the forums that this Craftsman is the same as the Home Depot's RIDGID NXT 60L 6.5 HP Wet/Dry Vacuum with Detachable Blower. Home Depots model sells for $198, and their version has 2 less attachments, but warrantied for life. Craftsman is lower priced, has more attachments including a muffler, but only has a 3 year warranty. Both have the highest 6.5 HP motor with detach blower.

Link to Home Depot's version: https://www.homedepot.ca/product/ridgid ... 1001200972
5 replies
[OP]
May 28, 2011
63 posts
86 upvotes
Edmonton
jugojugo wrote: Is that much better than the dewalt on sale at Lowes?

https://www.lowes.ca/product/shop-vacuu ... um-1120238
Honestly probably not. So basically compared to this Dewalt, I've paid $96 more for 1.5 HP more power, a muffler attach, and a detachable leaf blower. The number of attachments and warranty appear similar. I really wanted the detach blower, so that's why I got this model
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
3716 posts
2032 upvotes
thearchitek wrote: Home Depots model sells for $198, and their version has 2 less attachments, but warrantied for life.
You probably won't have the answer since you didn't buy it, but I'm curious about the Ridgid lifetime warranty. They don't call it a lifetime service agreement like they do with the rest of their tools. I thought when I bought mine that it only came with a 3 (give or take) year warranty. Was I mistaken or did they change it to lifetime recently? Do the vacuums need to be registered like the LSA products do?

PS: I think you're right about the craftsman being the same as the ridgid vac. Upon close inspection, the one in your OP looks a lot like my ridgid, other than the colour of course.
[OP]
May 28, 2011
63 posts
86 upvotes
Edmonton
SizzleChest wrote: You probably won't have the answer since you didn't buy it, but I'm curious about the Ridgid lifetime warranty. They don't call it a lifetime service agreement like they do with the rest of their tools. I thought when I bought mine that it only came with a 3 (give or take) year warranty. Was I mistaken or did they change it to lifetime recently? Do the vacuums need to be registered like the LSA products do?

PS: I think you're right about the craftsman being the same as the ridgid vac. Upon close inspection, the one in your OP looks a lot like my ridgid, other than the colour of course.
Not sure about the vacs, but I bought a Rigid reciprocating saw while back, forgot to register for the lifetime warranty, so it defaulted to the standard one. The link mentions "Full Lifetime Warranty against material defects and workmanship. To obtain the benefit of this warranty call 1-800-4-RIDGID (1-800-474-3443)." Probably have to register to get lifetime eh?