Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] CRAFTSMAN Air Compressor, 6 Gallon, Pancake, Oil-Free with Accessory Kit $188.58

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 11th, 2020 12:11 am
[OP]
Aug 17, 2006
472 posts
222 upvotes
Toronto

[Amazon.ca] CRAFTSMAN Air Compressor, 6 Gallon, Pancake, Oil-Free with Accessory Kit $188.58

Well rated pancake oil-free air compressor on sale at Amazon.

Close to the lowest it's been on CCC.

Compare to $249 at Lowes / Rona.

I've been watching for a while and ended up buying the Dewalt that went on sale on Amazon a few weeks ago which was slightly cheaper, but didn't include the accessory kit which would've been a great bonus as I have to buy that now.
Last edited by TomRFD on Dec 10th, 2020 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added price to title
15 replies
May 5, 2017
134 posts
126 upvotes
For a moment I thought it's oil free pancakes 🤣
Dec 19, 2018
56 posts
76 upvotes
It's not very good for anything besides blowing up tires
Jun 6, 2018
237 posts
314 upvotes
Awesome compressor for running brad nailers and framing guns. I have also used them for roofing and work quite well. They have two hose hook ups on them as well so can run a few nailers at a time.
Apr 16, 2014
146 posts
192 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
I had no idea Craftsman still existed as a brand with the decline of Sears. Apparently now owned by Stanley Black and Decker. I could use a smaller compressor for som Crown Moulding and trim work I'm doing, will look into this one.
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2004
4043 posts
1378 upvotes
Edmonton
ChrisT5598 wrote: It's not very good for anything besides blowing up tires
They work fine for brads and nails.. I have a larger one in the garage, and then a small 2 gallon one thats easy to move around. Its mostly for inflating things, but I find it a nice size for my air nailer.

I didnt look how much this one weighs, but at a certain size they become too heavy to carry around easily, and not large enough to be useful for air tools.
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2007
3255 posts
166 upvotes
Toronto
damn still too expensive for me to just blow up tires
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2009
2228 posts
1369 upvotes
North Vancouver
U4IA wrote: They work fine for brads and nails.. I have a larger one in the garage, and then a small 2 gallon one thats easy to move around. Its mostly for inflating things, but I find it a nice size for my air nailer.

I didnt look how much this one weighs, but at a certain size they become too heavy to carry around easily, and not large enough to be useful for air tools.
32.5 pounds
Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. (George Carlin)
Guns don't kill people, people kill people. And monkeys do too - if they have a gun. (Eddie Izzard)
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2009
5685 posts
2259 upvotes
Debtario
Looks like a rebranded porter cable pancake, right down to the accessories. Those were down to $100 or $130 a few years ago.

Great little units, loud, but solid. Id recommend hearing protection if you're going to be using it indoors or working near it.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers"
Deal Addict
May 14, 2005
2284 posts
1144 upvotes
Markham
M1K3Z0R wrote: Looks like a rebranded porter cable pancake, right down to the accessories. Those were down to $100 or $130 a few years ago.

Great little units, loud, but solid. Id recommend hearing protection if you're going to be using it indoors or working near it.
thanks for the info

for you guys in the trades.. what would you recommend if you want to indoor spray paint your walls?
i am lazy with the roller
thanks
[OP]
Aug 17, 2006
472 posts
222 upvotes
Toronto
M1K3Z0R wrote: Looks like a rebranded porter cable pancake, right down to the accessories. Those were down to $100 or $130 a few years ago.

Better get out the 'ol time machine again. Seem to use it a lot on rfd.
Deal Expert
Jun 12, 2007
16172 posts
4985 upvotes
London
andyyuen wrote: thanks for the info
for you guys in the trades.. what would you recommend if you want to indoor spray paint your walls?
thanks
Actually, I think rolling the paint on is the real easy part.
The hard part is all the prep work to get ready - washing the walls down, fixing holes, sanding (if needed), masking, removing outlet/ switch covers, cutting in the edges, etc.
I think the rolling part was only less than 1 hour for a room with 2 coats.
The other parts were like 3 hours. Cutting in the edges was the longest/ hardest part - was well over an hour

Spray painting only makes sense for rough/ complex surfaces that are otherwise hard to paint like fancy interior doors, wood louvres, California shutters, brick walls. Also spray painting is good if you want flat glossy surfaces -furniture/ desktops, kitchen cabinets
amazon-ca-fuji-semi-pro-2-hvlp-spray-sy ... #p33617313 (*edit* - won't spray latex)
Last edited by l69norm on Dec 10th, 2020 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 2, 2011
451 posts
313 upvotes
Spend the extra to get battery operated tools if you can. Wayyy more convenient.
Jul 27, 2009
748 posts
221 upvotes
toronto

thanks
Unless you own a stadium, stick with the roller. Also, spraying walls, unless u r good, has adhesion problems
Deal Fanatic
Nov 23, 2005
8667 posts
4847 upvotes
shoei wrote: damn still too expensive for me to just blow up tires
I got this during prime days for $25. Keep an eye on it.... You don't need more.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07VMM69N9/ref ... UTF8&psc=1

thanks
https://www.homedepot.ca/product/graco- ... 1001110720
Jan 26, 2010
381 posts
143 upvotes
https://www.princessauto.com/en/1-gallo ... 0008866618

This is honestly an amazing compressor to run indoors for a brad nailer but dont expect much for anything else. Runs as quiet as your bar fridge when recovering and punches through shiplap/drywall/stud like a champ with the the right gun. Don't want to thread crap but if your looking for a small unit indoors this is it on sale (129.00) often.