Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

Creality Ender 3 Pro 3D printer $346.99 no tax after applying $20 coupon, additional $15 off if apply for CC

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 28th, 2020 6:31 am
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 15, 2004
6580 posts
1197 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Creality Ender 3 Pro 3D printer $346.99 no tax after applying $20 coupon, additional $15 off if apply for CC

Didn't see it posted I think it deserves its own thread.
I learned about the Ender 3 Pro 3d printer from the other cheaper 3d printer deal and decided to buy one myself.
Totally new to this business, special thanks to member wlee for posting the link and the others who commented on this printer in the other thread

$346.99 after applying $20 coupon on the website,
even cheaper if you apply for Amazon credit card, which gives a $15 coupon.
there should be a link during checkout process on how to apply for the card.
no tax on this.
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07K3SZBHJ/ref ... gFb5YBW6MZ

Also saw the Ender 3x for cheaper but doesn't look like its the same seller so I skipped it.
https://www.amazon.ca/Creality-Ender-Im ... 17&sr=8-11
Last edited by sf1 on Jul 24th, 2020 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
97 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2017
1560 posts
1484 upvotes
Moncton
I bought my 3X (Last december) from Comgrow and wouldn't have any hesitation recommending them. I suspect they were one of Creality's main NA resellers prior to Creality opening their own NA Amazon store.

That said.... the magnetic bed and improved PSU on the pro are both upgrades I would recommend so I suppose it depends on whether or not a person thinks they're worth $60.
Koodo 8GB UL T&T @ $45 (ported in from Public Mobile)
Dec 13, 2017
194 posts
179 upvotes
sswilson wrote: I bought my 3X (Last december) from Comgrow and wouldn't have any hesitation recommending them. I suspect they were one of Creality's main NA resellers prior to Creality opening their own NA Amazon store.

That said.... the magnetic bed and improved PSU on the pro are both upgrades I would recommend so I suppose it depends on whether or not a person thinks they're worth $60.
Looks like Comgrow is running a similar sale. Unsure if printer is exactly the same, but it is slightly cheaper: https://www.amazon.ca/Comgrow-Creality- ... 07H21QPTT/
Jan 20, 2005
898 posts
1198 upvotes
Toronto
Good deal if you need one now, but I am going to hold-off until it drops under $300 (like it did last year, at around $280).
Oct 13, 2016
18 posts
73 upvotes
thinking of getting it, how much do they usually go for?
May 10, 2010
820 posts
1228 upvotes
Kenora
Oranges32 wrote: thinking of getting it, how much do they usually go for?
they usually go for about $400CAD

This is a great price. Awesome printer too. You can do a lot with it. It's fairly easy to set up and use. There's so many customization options too. If anyone has been thinking of starting 3D printing, this is a great entry price.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2005
2743 posts
855 upvotes
North York
I just picked mine up 2 weeks ago for $341.99 all in and shipped from amazon.ca
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2004
1119 posts
1987 upvotes
Ontario
My wife, who bought me one about three weeks ago for my birthday while it was in a weird price high (closer to the regular $400) wishes you wouldn't have posted this lol!

But in other news - awesome printer. I'm completely green to 3d printing and I've been running the thing 8hrs a day cranking out awesome quality prints. As I mentioned in another thread - I found the sample filament that was included was junk, I had terrible stringing and blobbing with it. Grabbed a brand name spool and it's been flawless - so that immediately eliminated my discouraged feeling I was having when my sample prints were coming out "meh".

The upgrades are endless for this thing too, and if you have some patience for shipping you can grab various upgrade parts and mods from Aliexpress for half the price of Amazon in most cases. I don't have a "need" for any of them because it's great for my needs right out of the box, but I'm a hardware guy and will probably mod it to high heaven anyway.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 21, 2003
5749 posts
3092 upvotes
Stoney Creek, ON
mindabsence wrote: My wife, who bought me one about three weeks ago for my birthday while it was in a weird price high (closer to the regular $400) wishes you wouldn't have posted this lol!

But in other news - awesome printer. I'm completely green to 3d printing and I've been running the thing 8hrs a day cranking out awesome quality prints. As I mentioned in another thread - I found the sample filament that was included was junk, I had terrible stringing and blobbing with it. Grabbed a brand name spool and it's been flawless - so that immediately eliminated my discouraged feeling I was having when my sample prints were coming out "meh".

The upgrades are endless for this thing too, and if you have some patience for shipping you can grab various upgrade parts and mods from Aliexpress for half the price of Amazon in most cases. I don't have a "need" for any of them because it's great for my needs right out of the box, but I'm a hardware guy and will probably mod it to high heaven anyway.
As someone that is eager to get in to this hobby and close to selling my wife on it, can you give me an idea of some of these hardware upgrades that can be done? I like to tinker and if there are ways to make something better I likely will want to try! I would love to hear some of things I could do to upgrade the unit.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2008
2712 posts
2621 upvotes
I was deciding between this and the mega s. Ended upgetting the mega s due to some reviews I saw online. I think the mega s has a heated bed but in terms of printable area is 1.5cm smaller on x and y direction, and also 5cm shorter.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/CA-Anycubic-Upg ... 4423201851

$319, also including tax and shipping. Ships from Vancouver.

Something to consider.
Last edited by slimysnot on Jul 24th, 2020 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2017
1560 posts
1484 upvotes
Moncton
ChicoQuente wrote: As someone that is eager to get in to this hobby and close to selling my wife on it, can you give me an idea of some of these hardware upgrades that can be done? I like to tinker and if there are ways to make something better I likely will want to try! I would love to hear some of things I could do to upgrade the unit.
Replacing the bed springs is almost a requirement, but beyond that the main upgrades (other than the ones you can print yourself) would be mainboard (doing one as we speak... $36 + however long it takes to get here through aliexpress), metal extruder top, and BLTouch (auto leveling).
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2007
4968 posts
3126 upvotes
Been looking at these lately, surprisingly to try to build my own ITX computer case as I've seen a couple online.
Haven't done enough research to be confident enough to buy, yet.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2004
1119 posts
1987 upvotes
Ontario
ChicoQuente wrote: As someone that is eager to get in to this hobby and close to selling my wife on it, can you give me an idea of some of these hardware upgrades that can be done? I like to tinker and if there are ways to make something better I likely will want to try! I would love to hear some of things I could do to upgrade the unit.
I was almost positive I'd never sell my wife on it after months of trying, and guess what showed up for my birthday! haha. She's already loving the benefit from some of the random useful trinkets I've been able to print for around the house, or for organization, etc.

Anyway, as for upgrades, here's everything I'm looking at (in no particular order):
- Glass print bed (apparently a bit better adhesion, even heating and easier to clean)
- Stronger springs for bed levelling (supposed to reduce how often re-levelling is needed)
- Looking at the BLTouch auto bed level sensor (will adjust the print head to compensate against bed level, so if the bed isn't perfect the head will compensate for even more even layers)
- Aluminum extruder
- Silent stepper driver mainboard replacement (has more expensive stepper drivers that lower the noise produced by the motors - mine is a few feet away from me and has been noticed while on some conference calls lately haha)

A lot of other upgrades I'll print, like:
- A tool caddy
- Guide for filament as it comes off the spool
- Wire guides
- Z-axis top support
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2017
1560 posts
1484 upvotes
Moncton
If anybody is considering getting into 3D printing and wondering what to look forward to, here's an (extremely long, and still ongoing) chronicle of my own personal trip down the rabbit hole....

https://hardwarecanucks.com/forum/threa ... ing.80792/
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2005
6430 posts
2104 upvotes
YEG
FullMoonBay wrote: They will have a V2 version coming out soon enough https://www.creality3dofficial.com/prod ... 3d-printer
Basically a lot of the 3d printed upgrade people do aftermarket, more powerful / quiet board etc.
What's the advantage over the CR-6? For the $160 extra, you get a different extruder, auto-leveling ($70 for BLtouch), trinamic controller board, photoelectric filament sensor, different stepper motors, etc. Aren't those the "recommended" upgrades anyway?
⬆⬆⬇⬇⬅➡⬅➡BA
Nov 28, 2011
170 posts
112 upvotes
Points east
Here's another great reference for tips, reviews, learning the basics, etc. These guys aren't afraid to point out both the good, and the bad.

https://all3dp.com/
Jan 14, 2012
28 posts
8 upvotes
Toronto
Great Printer! I picked it up last December on a Lightening Deal for $275. I'd hold off until price drops below $300