Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Crucial 32GB Kit (16GBx2) SO-DIMM DDR4 (PC4-21300) - $153.99

  • Last Updated:
  • Jul 17th, 2019 1:38 pm
[OP]
Sr. Member
Dec 13, 2012
740 posts
361 upvotes
TORONTO

[Amazon.ca] Crucial 32GB Kit (16GBx2) SO-DIMM DDR4 (PC4-21300) - $153.99

Was looking at some 32GB RAM for a Mac Mini 2018 that I was thinking of buying. Came across this 32GB set from Crucial and they should be good for laptops and the Mac Mini 2018 / recent iMacs. Price is at its lowest according the CCC and not sure how long it'll last at this price. Yesterday when stock was low, it fluctuated between $245 and $177.

Might be worth looking at if you have a laptop that needs more RAM and is compatible with these sticks.

https://www.amazon.ca/Crucial-16GBx2-PC ... ct_details
Last edited by lbmeyer on Jul 17th, 2019 1:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.
15 replies
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jun 27, 2003
1359 posts
339 upvotes
North York
Very good price now. I added the same 32GB RAM to my new 2019 Imac and it's running very smoothly.
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2004
1279 posts
178 upvotes
lbmeyer wrote: Was looking at some 32GB RAM for a Mac Mini 2018 that I was thinking of buying. Came across this 32GB set from Crucial and they should be good for laptops and the Mac Mini 2018 / recent iMacs. Price is at its lowest according the CCC and not sure how long it'll last at this price. Yesterday when stock was low, it fluctuated between $245 and $177.

Might be worth looking at if you have a laptop that needs more RAM and is compatible with these sticks.

https://www.amazon.ca/Crucial-16GBx2-PC ... ct_details
Which kit did you purchase to open up your mac mini?
[OP]
Sr. Member
Dec 13, 2012
740 posts
361 upvotes
TORONTO
nightwalker wrote: Which kit did you purchase to open up your mac mini?
I haven't actually purchased the mac mini yet (I'm still rocking my 2017 Macbook Pro 15") but am considering it. The kit I was looking at for opening up the mini would be this:

https://www.amazon.ca/iFixit-IF145-348- ... 01MRNIFR6/

There are cheaper kits out there with the TR6 which is required, but I figure I'll buy a better one for any possible future upgrades etc.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 24, 2009
1299 posts
624 upvotes
Calgary
lbmeyer wrote: I haven't actually purchased the mac mini yet (I'm still rocking my 2017 Macbook Pro 15") but am considering it. The kit I was looking at for opening up the mini would be this:

https://www.amazon.ca/iFixit-IF145-348- ... 01MRNIFR6/

There are cheaper kits out there with the TR6 which is required, but I figure I'll buy a better one for any possible future upgrades etc.
I have this kit. It’s pretty awesome. Quality stuff.
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2018
12834 posts
13537 upvotes
This is great. Nice work, OP.

Lenovo RTX2060 laptop owners, this right here (if compatible).
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 18, 2010
1598 posts
588 upvotes
Montreal
Probably putting sodimm or laptop in the title could help people ;) Great deal, thanks OP!
Sr. Member
User avatar
Feb 14, 2010
819 posts
234 upvotes
Oshawa
Would there be any benefit going from 16gb to 32gb for the average user?
Wouldn't this be only for people doing graphic design or 4k video editing?
Jr. Member
Aug 26, 2015
170 posts
121 upvotes
nivek_k2020 wrote: Would there be any benefit going from 16gb to 32gb for the average user?
Wouldn't this be only for people doing graphic design or 4k video editing?
yes, video editing and graphic design are ram demanding
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2018
2452 posts
1682 upvotes
Kitchener
Please mention that this is SO-DIMM in title... Thanks!
Gaming PC: i9 9900ks, GTX 1070 8gb x2, 32GB RAM
Media PC: i5 9400f, GTX 1060 6gb, 28GB RAM
Phone: iPhone 8
[OP]
Sr. Member
Dec 13, 2012
740 posts
361 upvotes
TORONTO
NowJoJo wrote: Please mention that this is SO-DIMM in title... Thanks!
Done!
Sr. Member
Jan 19, 2007
793 posts
433 upvotes
nivek_k2020 wrote: Would there be any benefit going from 16gb to 32gb for the average user?
Wouldn't this be only for people doing graphic design or 4k video editing?
Average? No. I have hit 16 gb easily using after effects and premiere though with 1080p.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2001
4300 posts
397 upvotes
Calgary
This is a sweet sweet deal, too bad I can't find a use for it. Great for a Mac Mini or an HPTC build!
"i love my girl friend and my girl friend loves me ok so you cant love me"
[OP]
Sr. Member
Dec 13, 2012
740 posts
361 upvotes
TORONTO
Price dropped even further. Now $153.99 (was $166.99 when thread started)

Top