Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Crucial 64GB (2x32gb) DDR4 2666 MT/s (PC4-21300) DR SODIMMs - $214.99

  • Last Updated:
  • Nov 27th, 2020 3:50 am
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
16988 posts
18881 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Crucial 64GB (2x32gb) DDR4 2666 MT/s (PC4-21300) DR SODIMMs - $214.99

15 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2006
1733 posts
410 upvotes
hope they have ddr3 laptop memory for sale, wanna upgrade my old toy...
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2007
1758 posts
771 upvotes
Montreal
sircool wrote: hope they have ddr3 laptop memory for sale, wanna upgrade my old toy...
I don't think they produce it anymore. I feel your pain. :-/
Sr. Member
Mar 28, 2011
829 posts
608 upvotes
Toronto
I’ve been running this set after getting it during prime days and honestly only peaked at 33gb usage and that’s leaving a lot of chrome tabs and 2 VMwares (set at 8gb each)

Never had an issue when I had 2x8 and ran just 1 vmware at a time

Probably could have just stuck to 2x16 to be honest and save that $100 towards a larger nvme ssd
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
16988 posts
18881 upvotes
BoredAtWork wrote: I’ve been running this set after getting it during prime days and honestly only peaked at 33gb usage and that’s leaving a lot of chrome tabs and 2 VMwares (set at 8gb each)

Never had an issue when I had 2x8 and ran just 1 vmware at a time

Probably could have just stuck to 2x16 to be honest and save that $100 towards a larger nvme ssd
One of the major advantages of running 64GB is letting your laptop run for weeks without memory leaks consuming all your RAM.

I use my laptop mainly as a workstation and sometimes for travel, I almost never restart it or turn it off, and on 32GB I often exhausted my memory.

Those days are gone now.
Sr. Member
Mar 28, 2011
829 posts
608 upvotes
Toronto
redflagdealsguy wrote: One of the major advantages of running 64GB is letting your laptop run for weeks without memory leaks consuming all your RAM.

I use my laptop mainly as a workstation and sometimes for travel, I almost never restart it or turn it off, and on 32GB I often exhausted my memory.

Those days are gone now.

I hear you but windows always restarts with updates every few weeks for me so never ran into issues with memory leaks and I always have the VMware’s on

Just putting it out there if you are at 8/16gb, maybe go to 32gb and use the extra $100 towards a better nvme ssd
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
16988 posts
18881 upvotes
BoredAtWork wrote: I hear you but windows always restarts with updates every few weeks for me so never ran into issues with memory leaks and I always have the VMware’s on

Just putting it out there if you are at 8/16gb, maybe go to 32gb and use the extra $100 towards a better nvme ssd
I don't disagree, my use case isn't common. This thread is niche'd to heavy power users with significant memory demands.
Newbie
Dec 2, 2016
29 posts
68 upvotes
Try to run those ram with memtest under win10 for 12 hours if you bought. I found one of four 16G laptop 2666MHZ C16 RAM reported error recently, but those are bought last BF without any test, because I only used those RAM in 2400MHZ laptop. .
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Mar 8, 2003
9599 posts
1718 upvotes
Richmond Hill
mur001 wrote: Try to run those ram with memtest under win10 for 12 hours if you bought. I found one of four 16G laptop 2666MHZ C16 RAM reported error recently, but those are bought last BF without any test, because I only used those RAM in 2400MHZ laptop. .
Did you contact crucial since it's lifetime warranty
Newbie
Dec 2, 2016
29 posts
68 upvotes
wlee wrote: Did you contact crucial since it's lifetime warranty
I checked online. The RMA might be sent to usa and asked the whole kit. Sometime, the return package will charge HST/custom. I wait next us trip and bring them here and test the kit in another laptop to triple confirmation.

Top