Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

Crucial Ballistix MAX 4000 MHz DDR4 DRAM Desktop Gaming Memory Kit 16GB (8GBx2) CL18 (BLACK) $107.99 ATL

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 12th, 2022 2:17 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2012
1370 posts
3419 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Crucial Ballistix MAX 4000 MHz DDR4 DRAM Desktop Gaming Memory Kit 16GB (8GBx2) CL18 (BLACK) $107.99 ATL

Decently priced Crucial Ballistix Max 4000mhz RAM. ATL according to CCC. Credit goes to Dealer.

https://www.reddit.com/r/overclocking/c ... d_by_dram/

Classification: Thaiphoon Burner B-Die (Rev. B?)

Timing: 18-19-19-39

Enjoy!
Last edited by Freebush on Jan 2nd, 2022 2:33 am, edited 6 times in total.
9 replies
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2005
5116 posts
1887 upvotes
Kitchener
Freebush wrote: Isn't CL16 a little bit faster? Unless you decide you want to purchase these and tweak them.
I have no idea. That's why I'm asking. From quick googling, it seem any benefits would probably not be worth the hassle to return / repurchase.
This space is intentionally left blank.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2012
1370 posts
3419 upvotes
Thundercloud wrote: I have no idea. That's why I'm asking. From quick googling, it seem any benefits would probably not be worth the hassle to return / repurchase.
I stand corrected since you've already purchased the CL16 RAM, there would be a minimal difference in benefits. It would be considered by some a hassle to return them and purchase another set. A disadvantage with this RAM would be that you might need to fiddle around with the timings and voltage depending on which motherboard and processor e.g. AMD you're using. An advantage would be that the CL18 4000 Mhz performs slightly better in terms of OCing based off of what I've read from forums and from tech expert websites compared to what you currently have.
Last edited by Freebush on Jan 2nd, 2022 4:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 18, 2008
299 posts
167 upvotes
Durham Region
If you change the seller to amazon, the deal is still active
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2012
1370 posts
3419 upvotes
vipervenom25 wrote: If you change the seller to amazon, the deal is still active
There was 1 left. Now OOS from Amazon. Weird back in stock now.
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2009
2589 posts
629 upvotes
Woodstock, ON
Freebush wrote: There was 1 left. Now OOS from Amazon. Weird back in stock now.
see if it disappears again. I added that last one to my cart (ships from and sold by amazon.ca). in cart it allowed me to change quantity to two and I checked out. main page still shows one in stock but won't add to cart.

not sure if it will be an improvement over the stock ram in the dell 8940 but the crucial memory finder tells me that it's compatible.

by the time I finished typing the above. oos now
Saving money on things I don't need since 2009. thanks RFD

Woodstock, ON
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2012
1370 posts
3419 upvotes
crashxxx wrote: see if it disappears again. I added that last one to my cart (ships from and sold by amazon.ca). in cart it allowed me to change quantity to two and I checked out. main page still shows one in stock but won't add to cart.

not sure if it will be an improvement over the stock ram in the dell 8940 but the crucial memory finder tells me that it's compatible.

by the time I finished typing the above. oos now
I dunno what's going on. LOL
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2009
2589 posts
629 upvotes
Woodstock, ON
Freebush wrote: I dunno what's going on. LOL
first pair arrived yesterday. second pair out for delivery today. Thumbs Up Sign

not sure what I'm going to do with it yet but at least they shipped lol

Woodstock, ON
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2009
2589 posts
629 upvotes
Woodstock, ON
if anyone still looking for something in the Ballistic MAX .. the RGB 16GB 4000Mhz (8GB x2) just dropped to $139. says one left but may let you order more as it did with the non-RGB one. I did end up getting the second pair Jan 6th.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B083VMZPJ8?th=1

Woodstock, ON