Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

Crucial MX500 SDD (1TB/$145)

  • Last Updated:
  • Sep 9th, 2019 12:20 am
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Apr 10, 2011
6926 posts
11528 upvotes
Montreal
M1k3yRFD wrote: I know this is probably an unpopular opinion, but the fact is that RFD needs ads/referral links to support the website. Domains aren't free and the website needs to be maintained. If you get a chance, use eBates but if you forget, personally, I don't have a problem giving a cut to the website that has saved me countless $ in the past.

The other side of that coin is that it is "petty" on RFD's part to behave this way. RFD must be a gold mine already considering the membership and notoriety since it has been bought a few months ago. Just think how addictive this site is, how many times a day you check RFD and for how many years you've been doing that. Look at the number of views for each thread and remember that every time someone clicks, they get served ads. It's just greed to try to squeeze out every last penny out of it. It's just annoying for the users as the blockage can be easily defeated. RFD, a website about getting the best deals, is blocking other websites that help to... get the best deals. It's akin to censure.
[OP]
Jr. Member
User avatar
May 2, 2019
160 posts
690 upvotes
Canada
Temporel wrote: Just think how addictive this site is, how many times a day you check RFD and for how many years you've been doing that.
I can't help but agree with that point.
Temporel wrote: The other side of that coin is that it is "petty" on RFD's part to behave this way. RFD must be a gold mine already considering the membership and notoriety since it has been bought a few months ago. Just think how addictive this site is, how many times a day you check RFD and for how many years you've been doing that. Look at the number of views for each thread and remember that every time someone clicks, they get served ads. It's just greed to try to squeeze out every last penny out of it. It's just annoying for the users as the blockage can be easily defeated. RFD, a website about getting the best deals, is blocking other websites that help to... get the best deals. It's akin to censure.
You make a good point and I understand where you're coming from, but it could be argued that RFD's so-called "greed" is simply one of the numerous side effects of capitalism. On the other side of things, capitalism brings many benefits to the table; most of which don't relate to deals, but thinking about this rationally, capitalism and preserving customers is why price errors are often honoured; why McDonalds runs the free fries promotion; why Harvey's had their failed one day free burger deal and why this product (MX500) is on sale. Capitalism means that companies need to stay competitive; thus lower prices for all of us. It's also why companies exist. To make money. RFD isn't an exception, and if you're for maintaining this site as a full time job with no financial incentive whatsoever, I encourage you to talk to the administrator about working that out. Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Temporel wrote: Just think how addictive this site is, how many times a day you check RFD and for how many years you've been doing that.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Oct 28, 2004
22295 posts
3581 upvotes
Toronto
bumping this - hey OP, looks like the price is now $145 for the 1TB - great price!! If you can update the thread title!


I'm holding out for the 2TB model - hoping it reaches $288 (or lower)!!!

FS: Nothing at the moment
Heatware: 63-0-0
[OP]
Jr. Member
User avatar
May 2, 2019
160 posts
690 upvotes
Canada
ji2o0k wrote: bumping this - hey OP, looks like the price is now $145 for the 1TB - great price!! If you can update the thread title!


I'm holding out for the 2TB model - hoping it reaches $288 (or lower)!!!
Thank you! Post has been updated. Unfortunately the 500GB has risen back to around $90.
Temporel wrote: Just think how addictive this site is, how many times a day you check RFD and for how many years you've been doing that.
[OP]
Jr. Member
User avatar
May 2, 2019
160 posts
690 upvotes
Canada
frugal69 wrote: Hey Moderator,

Duplicate thread - should be merged with the all inclusive thread:

amazon-ca-crucial-bx500s-38-43-54-66-99 ... s-2284836/

Cheers,
If mods feel it's appropriate...by all means but (personally) keeping another separate thread for a specific product makes things easier to see - the one you mentionned is a bit cluttered with all of the information. Just my two cents Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Temporel wrote: Just think how addictive this site is, how many times a day you check RFD and for how many years you've been doing that.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Apr 10, 2011
6926 posts
11528 upvotes
Montreal
frugal69 wrote: Hey Moderator, Duplicate thread - should be merged with the all inclusive thread (...)
Nope, BX500 and MX500 are two very different products.

By your logic, lets merge the threads about Toyota and Lexus. They are all about cars anyway, right?

Or let's have only one 'all inclusive" thread about SSDs... NOT!
Member
User avatar
May 27, 2011
449 posts
277 upvotes
NORTH YORK
Temporel wrote: Nope, BX500 and MX500 are two very different products.

By your logic, lets merge the threads about Toyota and Lexus. They are all about cars anyway, right?

Or let's have only one 'all inclusive" thread about SSDs... NOT!
Both of them have mixed option of which one is better. Any idea which one has a better longevity and less failed rate?
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Apr 10, 2011
6926 posts
11528 upvotes
Montreal
katonfire wrote: Both of them have mixed option of which one is better. Any idea which one has a better longevity and less failed rate?
MX500 > BX500

5 vs 3 years warranty.

Similar durability. You will change computer and move to MVNe before either fails on you.
Deal Guru
Jul 20, 2006
10186 posts
3503 upvotes
redflagdealsguy wrote: This is on the right track, OP, but let me correct your expectations for Late Summer 2019:

1TB/$100
500GB/$50

Call me when we get close.
I guess you are still waiting. Prices have gone by $15 to $20 since this for the 250 and 500 GB.

Top