Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] Crucial MX500 SDD (1TB/$145)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 9th, 2019 12:20 am
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2011
2375 posts
2553 upvotes
Calgary
I have this SSD. Failed after a year.
Rule No.1 here: Buy first, Think afterwards.
[OP]
May 2, 2019
82 posts
363 upvotes
Canada
rabbit wrote:
Jun 16th, 2019 1:52 am
The deal for the Crucial SSDs are 2.5", not M.2, so NVMe isn't in the mix.

MX500 comes in a cardboard clamshell box, sealed with a sticker, so either way, it is frustration free :) .
I completely forgot about adding the fact that this SSD is 2.5". Thank you for clarifying! I'll add it into the OP.
Temporel wrote:
Jun 16th, 2019 1:16 pm
Just think how addictive this site is, how many times a day you check RFD and for how many years you've been doing that.
[OP]
May 2, 2019
82 posts
363 upvotes
Canada
Temporel wrote:
Jun 15th, 2019 9:50 pm
Did you replace with "c a m e l c a m e l c a m e l" or "ccc"?

(no space; RFD blocks the name - childish)

doh.png
Thank you. I'm not sure why the website is blocked, but I assume it has something to do with legal issues (re: the other website (***) that's banned per RFD forum rules)
Temporel wrote:
Just think how addictive this site is, how many times a day you check RFD and for how many years you've been doing that.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
2582 posts
2800 upvotes
Montreal
Hobotrader wrote:
Jun 15th, 2019 10:18 pm
(...) Why do they block ccc?
M1k3yRFD wrote:
Jun 16th, 2019 12:15 pm
Thank you. I'm not sure why the website is blocked, but I assume it has something to do with legal issues (...)

Probably because there are links on the "c a m e l c a m e l c a m e l" Website to go buy what you are watching. Those links don't give referral revenues to RFD.

RFD wants you to click on a link (inside the RFD website) that generates revenues for RFD.
[OP]
May 2, 2019
82 posts
363 upvotes
Canada
Temporel wrote:
Jun 16th, 2019 12:37 pm
Probably because there are links on the "c a m e l c a m e l c a m e l" Website to go buy what you are watching. Those links don't give referral revenues to RFD.

RFD wants you to click on a link (inside the RFD website) that generates revenues for RFD.
I know this is probably an unpopular opinion, but the fact is that RFD needs ads/referral links to support the website. Domains aren't free and the website needs to be maintained. If you get a chance, use eBates but if you forget, personally, I don't have a problem giving a cut to the website that has saved me countless $ in the past.
Temporel wrote:
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
2582 posts
2800 upvotes
Montreal
M1k3yRFD wrote:
Jun 16th, 2019 12:42 pm
I know this is probably an unpopular opinion, but the fact is that RFD needs ads/referral links to support the website. Domains aren't free and the website needs to be maintained. If you get a chance, use eBates but if you forget, personally, I don't have a problem giving a cut to the website that has saved me countless $ in the past.

The other side of that coin is that it is "petty" on RFD's part to behave this way. RFD must be a gold mine already considering the membership and notoriety since it has been bought a few months ago. Just think how addictive this site is, how many times a day you check RFD and for how many years you've been doing that. Look at the number of views for each thread and remember that every time someone clicks, they get served ads. It's just greed to try to squeeze out every last penny out of it. It's just annoying for the users as the blockage can be easily defeated. RFD, a website about getting the best deals, is blocking other websites that help to... get the best deals. It's akin to censure.
[OP]
May 2, 2019
82 posts
363 upvotes
Canada
Temporel wrote:
I can't help but agree with that point.
Temporel wrote:
The other side of that coin is that it is "petty" on RFD's part to behave this way. RFD must be a gold mine already considering the membership and notoriety since it has been bought a few months ago. Just think how addictive this site is, how many times a day you check RFD and for how many years you've been doing that. Look at the number of views for each thread and remember that every time someone clicks, they get served ads. It's just greed to try to squeeze out every last penny out of it. It's just annoying for the users as the blockage can be easily defeated. RFD, a website about getting the best deals, is blocking other websites that help to... get the best deals. It's akin to censure.
You make a good point and I understand where you're coming from, but it could be argued that RFD's so-called "greed" is simply one of the numerous side effects of capitalism. On the other side of things, capitalism brings many benefits to the table; most of which don't relate to deals, but thinking about this rationally, capitalism and preserving customers is why price errors are often honoured; why McDonalds runs the free fries promotion; why Harvey's had their failed one day free burger deal and why this product (MX500) is on sale. Capitalism means that companies need to stay competitive; thus lower prices for all of us. It's also why companies exist. To make money. RFD isn't an exception, and if you're for maintaining this site as a full time job with no financial incentive whatsoever, I encourage you to talk to the administrator about working that out. Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Temporel wrote:
[OP]
May 2, 2019
82 posts
363 upvotes
Canada
ji2o0k wrote:
Jun 23rd, 2019 10:33 am
bumping this - hey OP, looks like the price is now $145 for the 1TB - great price!! If you can update the thread title!

I'm holding out for the 2TB model - hoping it reaches $288 (or lower)!!!
Thank you! Post has been updated. Unfortunately the 500GB has risen back to around $90.
Temporel wrote:
[OP]
May 2, 2019
82 posts
363 upvotes
Canada
frugal69 wrote:
Jun 23rd, 2019 3:57 pm
Hey Moderator,

Duplicate thread - should be merged with the all inclusive thread:

amazon-ca-crucial-bx500s-38-43-54-66-99 ... s-2284836/

Cheers,
If mods feel it's appropriate...by all means but (personally) keeping another separate thread for a specific product makes things easier to see - the one you mentionned is a bit cluttered with all of the information. Just my two cents Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Temporel wrote:
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
2582 posts
2800 upvotes
Montreal
frugal69 wrote:
Jun 23rd, 2019 3:57 pm
Hey Moderator, Duplicate thread - should be merged with the all inclusive thread (...)
Nope, BX500 and MX500 are two very different products.

By your logic, lets merge the threads about Toyota and Lexus. They are all about cars anyway, right?

Or let's have only one 'all inclusive" thread about SSDs... NOT!
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
6857 posts
2678 upvotes
Toronto
HammerJoe wrote:
Jun 16th, 2019 11:16 am
I dont know what to tell you, it doesnt work for me.
https://i.imgur.com/UVa56Z9.png
Just google camel camel camel (no spaces) is the easiest way. For short, we usually refer to it as 3C or ccc here.
May 27, 2011
344 posts
165 upvotes
NORTH YORK
Temporel wrote:
Jun 23rd, 2019 4:18 pm
Nope, BX500 and MX500 are two very different products.

By your logic, lets merge the threads about Toyota and Lexus. They are all about cars anyway, right?

Or let's have only one 'all inclusive" thread about SSDs... NOT!
Both of them have mixed option of which one is better. Any idea which one has a better longevity and less failed rate?