• Dec 28th, 2018 12:39 pm
Sep 3, 2014
652 posts
638 upvotes
Maple Ridge, BC
Angultra wrote:
Dec 27th, 2018 10:05 pm
It's reversible, one side is flat
That doesn’t make it a sandwich toaster. That makes it a griddle.
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
20581 posts
142346 upvotes
GTA
We got one when it was on sale as well. Fairly decent product, but one thing to be aware of is that the plates don't heat evenly (i.e. bottom one vs. the top one). So if you're using it to make pancakes for example, you'll find that the batter cooks faster on the bottom plate than on the top.
Dec 10, 2018
9 posts
3 upvotes
trellaine201 wrote:
Dec 27th, 2018 8:17 pm
Looks like a George Foreman grill. I didn’t care for it. Found it a bit of pain to clean. Despite the non stick endorsement by the companies.
I find cleaning a breeze. A wet paper towel sandwitched in there while it's still hot loosens up 99% of stuff. The plates go in the dishwasher once in a while.
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2008
2441 posts
1052 upvotes
Victoria
Thx OP. Bought a used one several years ago to get us through a big family Christmas breakfast. Ended up using it all the time for breakfasts, paninis, quesadillas, and an indoor “BBQ”. The plates weren’t in great shape when we got it, and have been looking for replacement ones but they’re impossible to find and/or way too expensive. This is an ideal price point so I jumped on it. Highly recommend.
Oct 15, 2014
315 posts
145 upvotes
Saskatoon, SK
MurphyPetite wrote:
Dec 27th, 2018 10:36 pm
I find cleaning a breeze. A wet paper towel sandwitched in there while it's still hot loosens up 99% of stuff. The plates go in the dishwasher once in a while.
I'm never buying another George Foreman grill ever again. The first one the non-stick coating started wearing off in a few months.

The second one I bought had ceramic plates. Things stuck horribly to it. No matter what suggestions I followed. Also the top plate was noticeably cooler than the bottom one, so cooking was uneven. When I looked at the reviews on Amazon I found the exact same complaints as I had.
Dec 10, 2018
9 posts
3 upvotes
Cantthinkofaname wrote:
Dec 28th, 2018 12:43 am
I'm never buying another George Foreman grill ever again. The first one the non-stick coating started wearing off in a few months.

The second one I bought had ceramic plates. Things stuck horribly to it. No matter what suggestions I followed. Also the top plate was noticeably cooler than the bottom one, so cooking was uneven. When I looked at the reviews on Amazon I found the exact same complaints as I had.
Oh, I can't speak to any of that, as I have the Cuisinart this thread is about, not the George Foreman you speak of.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2007
1580 posts
736 upvotes
Markham
I'm sorry interested in this but only if I can get sandwich plates.
-------
Thank you
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2008
2441 posts
1052 upvotes
Victoria
kunamvahees wrote:
Dec 28th, 2018 2:14 am
?

It comes with reversible plates - both sides shown in the photos.
Jul 17, 2012
540 posts
195 upvotes
Kamloops
I have a George foreman already and wife got at 30 bucks a while ago. Can make 2 burger at once. But still not as tasty as bbq oven with fire. The meat is still a little "fishy" after cooking. But better than going outside in the winter to cook. Are these same as George foreman?
Feb 4, 2010
364 posts
155 upvotes
Montreal
kunamvahees wrote:
Dec 28th, 2018 2:14 am
kunamvahees wrote:
Dec 28th, 2018 4:30 am
I'm talking something similar to the following

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com ... DLKLtL.jpg
Top: https://www.cuisinart.ca/GR-SMSPT.html
Bottom: https://www.cuisinart.ca/GR-SMSPB.html
For use in the following Product(s):
CGR-4 / GRID-8 Series
Feb 4, 2010
364 posts
155 upvotes
Montreal