Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Cuisinart CPK-17C Programmable Kettle 85.99$

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 21st, 2022 8:03 pm
[OP]
Jul 25, 2019
14 posts
34 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Cuisinart CPK-17C Programmable Kettle 85.99$

Not ATL but doesn't seem to go on sale often these days.

It's a good kettle and planning on replacing mine that lasted 10 years with several uses a day. (It's actually still working to heat the water but the lid is damaged.)
9 replies
Sep 18, 2007
78 posts
127 upvotes
I had this previously and works great, but I hated the non-metric temps.
Aug 16, 2009
695 posts
572 upvotes
This thing hasn't been updated in at least 10 years and is still at this price?
I bought this for $79.99 in 2013. Seems like the price should have gone down, even with inflation.
FYI, with normal use the print on the buttons was unreadable after just over a year and it stopped working altogether after 3 years.
Oct 15, 2005
142 posts
34 upvotes
I got this as a wedding gift over a decade ago and it still works perfectly. It is used multiple times daily for coffee, tea, and hot water. No issues with print on buttons rubbing off on mine. Well worth it imo.

IIRC it was around $100 back then.
Aug 29, 2010
774 posts
662 upvotes
Toronto
My parents had this one and it died so they had to go back to their old kettle. Not sure if that was just a random deffective unit but idk.

Personally I'd rather just pay a little more and get one of those hot water dispensers from Japan, they're invaluable if you drink a lot of hot drinks. You can use them for instant noodles and oatmeal too.
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2007
1138 posts
703 upvotes
Canada
clottedcream wrote: I had this previously and works great, but I hated the non-metric temps.
is there any sticker on box to change button covers?
they should have...
simple is the best...
Nov 3, 2007
30 posts
44 upvotes
Toronto
+1 Thanks OP - Great catch was about to buy one tomorrow
Last week when I looked the cheapest price was The Bay @ $109.99, KitchenStuff Plus had it for $129.
Appreciate the deal and don't have to fight the crowds to go get it.
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2011
1721 posts
1091 upvotes
if you only need 1L...
It was a pop deal when it was $40 with free shipping, so $42 with shipping seems pretty good.
Goose neck for precision pours(important for fussy coffee people) and the temp read-out can be switched to C or F(and lets you dial in specific temps.... Not that you'd really need more than the 4 options the cuisinart offers. Realistically 90% of the people will just need 190F for green tea, and 212 for everything else)
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2014
3100 posts
2635 upvotes
GTA Ontario
I've had this kettle for almost ten years now and it still works great. But the beep could be much louder, and the button labels did start to show wear within a few months and were completely blank in about a year. I recommend taking a photo of the buttons when it's new and keeping it somewhere handy for reference, for those times you want to use a temp. you don't use every day and aren't quite sure which button it was.
Also if you use it, let it cool but not for long and then use it again, there's a good probability that condensation will block the top of the level indicator tube so it will show empty at first and then jump, and then you have to dump some out to get the level to where you wanted it. I fixed that on mine by drilling a small hole at the top of the indicator tube (on the outside of the kettle).
And getting nit-picky: there's a big plastic frame at the spout that holds a useless screen, and it blocks the last bit of water from pouring out. So to completely empty it you need to pour it all out, then tip it back down and back up, or side to side, to get the last bit of water around the frame. I fixed that on mine be removing the screen and its frame.
And I really wish the indicator tube was Pyrex rather than plastic; the plastic tube kinda defeats the purpose of the kettle being stainless rather than plastic.
Other than that, great kettle.
Sep 18, 2007
78 posts
127 upvotes
hainkurt wrote: is there any sticker on box to change button covers?
they should have...
Agreed! Not in my box there wasn't.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)