Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Cuisinart DBM-8C Supreme Grind Automatic Burr Mill - 18% Off - $44.99

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 8th, 2020 2:08 pm
[OP]
Jun 10, 2004
619 posts
1288 upvotes
Toronto

[Amazon.ca] Cuisinart DBM-8C Supreme Grind Automatic Burr Mill - 18% Off - $44.99

713VYm+wuGL._SL1200_.jpg

Wheel type burr plates grind beans for maximum flavour and consistency
Removable grind chamber holds enough ground coffee for 32 cups (4.7 L)
18 Position Grind Selector, from ultra-fine to extra-coarse
4-18 cup quantity slide dial. BPA free
Electric Timer, automatically shuts off unit when grind cycle is complete

-Callahan-

Lowest Recorded Price on CCC

000.jpg
Last edited by harold_callahan on Feb 5th, 2020 10:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
19 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2008
1987 posts
247 upvotes
Does anyone here have this? Was about to jump on the deal but the Amazon reviews are hit or miss.
Nov 13, 2008
386 posts
111 upvotes
toronto
can it do spices... like peppercorn or coriander or cumin or...
Jun 4, 2011
547 posts
865 upvotes
Toronto
amitabh9 wrote: can it do spices... like peppercorn or coriander or cumin or...
Probably can but I don't think you really want a burr grinder for spices, I have a hand burr grinder and it would never grind coriander fine enough, better to just buy a cheap blade grinder and shake the thing while it is working. For pepper I would also recommend just using a quality peppermill, as there really is no comparison between freshly ground pepper and preground stuff.
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2004
1034 posts
224 upvotes
Hamilton
Aren't those cheaper at Costco? I remember seeing similar model for ~$40, but not sure if it was identical.
“Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time.” ― Terry Pratchett, Hogfather
Deal Fanatic
Sep 3, 2006
5261 posts
2587 upvotes
Winnipeg
Dekster wrote: Aren't those cheaper at Costco? I remember seeing similar model for ~$40, but not sure if it was identical.
These are on sale this week at Costco (West) for ($49.99 - $10.00 =) $39.99.
This isn't a blog.
Jul 21, 2005
410 posts
412 upvotes
Kitchener
jcon wrote: These are on sale this week at Costco (West) for ($49.99 - $10.00 =) $39.99.
Seen this last night on sale at Costco in Waterloo for $39.99 as well, likely nationwide sale
Something something dark side...
Aug 29, 2018
340 posts
441 upvotes
Just a warning that it is extremely loud and high-pitched, like to the point where I clench every time I use it.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 8, 2005
6037 posts
1206 upvotes
PiusPatronus wrote: Does anyone here have this? Was about to jump on the deal but the Amazon reviews are hit or miss.
I have it and gets the job done.

Like the other poster said, this thing is loud. Unless you want to wake up the whole house with sound of coffee grinder vs. smell of coffee aroma. I recommend you run the machine at a different time.
Aug 14, 2019
75 posts
90 upvotes
Kitchener
PiusPatronus wrote: Does anyone here have this? Was about to jump on the deal but the Amazon reviews are hit or miss.
I have this grinder for couple of years. It does a decent job. It's not the best one out there, but it's pretty good for it's price.
Jul 21, 2005
410 posts
412 upvotes
Kitchener
tomtomtom wrote: I have it and gets the job done.

Like the other poster said, this thing is loud. Unless you want to wake up the whole house with sound of coffee grinder vs. smell of coffee aroma. I recommend you run the machine at a different time.
coffee starts to go stale 20 seconds after grinding. You will want to grind and use immediately for the most flavourful coffee

I have no experience with this grinder other than seeing it on sale at Costco and thought it was a great deal.

Personally, I am using https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B0161Q2RUM/ref ... 00_TE_dp_1 and it is surprisingly quiet considering how loud my previous blade grinder was in comparison
Something something dark side...
May 11, 2006
315 posts
226 upvotes
I grabbed one from costco when they were on clearance price around $29 in Kitchener Ontario in December when I was in the area- works great for what it is.
Certainly a great price @ $29 when compared to the bodum burr grinder
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2008
1987 posts
247 upvotes
I guess I'll keep using my manual HARIO grinder until the Bodum one goes on sale/heavily discounted.
Aug 19, 2006
102 posts
67 upvotes
like above said - cheapest Burr grinder on mkt but does the job ok.

Very loud (like sharpening a pencil with electric device) , must clean shoot out regularly - just use tooth pick or skewer to take out build up of grinds,

There's a good hack if you want a finer grind - see youtube. It helps and takes like 1 min to do. It involves squeezing the burrs by unscrewing the burrs with some padded 2 way tape. Still not fine enough for esspresso from a real machine. Can still make esspresso with Bialetti but not a true espresso machine as not super fine. Unless you spend $200 on a grinder you won't get it that fine. Even at $100 you can't even if you go with Bodrum one. it's quieter but not fine enough.

For the price at costco you can't beat that. Most common complain is the static caused after grind - when you open up container it falls all over. Just take it and tap bottom and let it fall to bottom and perhaps do it over a sink. Then you should be fine.

Remember it's not the grinder but the bean that also counts and water temp and water. So it good for a good but not spectacular cup of coffee/espresso.
Jun 11, 2014
284 posts
423 upvotes
Edmonton
PiusPatronus wrote: I guess I'll keep using my manual HARIO grinder until the Bodum one goes on sale/heavily discounted.
Used to use the Hario Skelton grinder, but eventually splurged on a Baratza Encore for $189.
Pricey, but worth it if you want something that can do espresso grinds.
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2005
1946 posts
764 upvotes
From previous threads, neither the Cuisinart or the bodum can do espresso grounds that well though. Seems like baratza is your best bet (quite a bit pricier) option for espresso grind... Unfortunately

cidkramer wrote: I grabbed one from costco when they were on clearance price around $29 in Kitchener Ontario in December when I was in the area- works great for what it is.
Certainly a great price @ $29 when compared to the bodum burr grinder
May 30, 2019
34 posts
18 upvotes
I know people swear by burr grinders but for a french press I've found blades always produce a better coffee.
May 11, 2006
315 posts
226 upvotes
Why'd you quote me? The post I replied to didn't say anything about espresso grind and neither did I...
Deal Expert
Mar 14, 2009
15298 posts
6317 upvotes
I have compared this one to the Bodum grinder and the Bodum grinder makes much yummier coffee. Way less static and mess with the Bodum one also.
I am a Zoomer customer.
Aug 11, 2012
738 posts
262 upvotes
I bought this from Costco years ago, it was so loud I wore hearing protection every time. As a result I also just ground a bunch at a time and kept in the fridge for a couple weeks. I'd advise against this, save up for at least a $120-200 grinder