Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

CUISINART Steam and Convection oven $199.99

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 26th, 2019 1:36 pm
27 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2017
3158 posts
6406 upvotes
Because of the steam this does a fantastic job with bread and bread like things. I feel like (I at least hope) I’m not missing out on much compared to a balmuda toaster.
Feb 12, 2017
156 posts
202 upvotes
0.6 Cubic Foot Capacity

isnt it a bit small?

/
Sep 10, 2010
403 posts
103 upvotes
St Catharines
I got one at xmas at the same price and was unsure about the steam feature.It is great!Items come out crispy on the outside and moist on the inside.The size is perfect for the counter space we have although bigger is always better if you have the room.Just remember to check that the drain plug is tight befor you add water.Very easy to use.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2008
3161 posts
3308 upvotes
So my friend had one of these and it started rusting after a few months due to the extra moisture.

Does anyone have one of these for a long time? I'm curious if my friend got a lemon or it is a common problem.
Nov 4, 2008
603 posts
1233 upvotes
Toronto
slimysnot wrote: So my friend had one of these and it started rusting after a few months due to the extra moisture.

Does anyone have one of these for a long time? I'm curious if my friend got a lemon or it is a common problem.
Where did your friend see the rust? I've used mine on and off for 4 months or so and I don't see any rusting yet. Whenever I'm done using the steam functionality, I leave the door open a little bit to air it out. The door locks into place so that it's just slightly open. Not sure if that's the intention of that, but it allows me to air it out without blocking counter space.
Nov 4, 2008
603 posts
1233 upvotes
Toronto
Uberclk wrote: same with Bestbuy https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/cu ... 06509.aspx?

you're better off going to HD or Lowes (both have it at $299) and ask to PM BB to get an additional 10% off
Agreed. This oven goes on sale for $199.99 often, so there are plenty of price matching opportunities.

I got mine at the Bay when it went down to $199.99, and used a $25 off coupon on purchases $175+. That's the lowest I've seen it go for. Dunno how often that coupon comes around though.
Deal Addict
May 19, 2003
3674 posts
2028 upvotes
I've had one for 5 years now and there's no rust at all. Cuisinart has a 3 year warranty and they're really good about replacing them. I exchanged mine twice due to temperature issues and they gave me a brand new one each time.
slimysnot wrote: So my friend had one of these and it started rusting after a few months due to the extra moisture.

Feb 21, 2018
272 posts
316 upvotes
Check around your local Home Depot as well. My local one had it on clearance for $69.99!
Got that Zoomer plan finally!
Deal Expert
Sep 1, 2005
21702 posts
17374 upvotes
Markham
althegreat wrote: 0.6 Cubic Foot Capacity

isnt it a bit small?

/
I don't understand manufacturers who make these things so small that it's not that functional...if I were them I'd consider making a small and a big.

Does this thing release steam...ie is it good to put under your cupboards?
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Mar 14, 2018
864 posts
1207 upvotes
It was $174.99 on July 17, Amazon’s deal of the day. I was tempted but I read the comments about rusting and leaking, one user even said he/she got electrocuted, so I stayed away from it.
Jul 29, 2007
329 posts
218 upvotes
Markham
We've been using ours for about 2.5 years, no rust or leak problems at all. I think I got it at the same price.
Deal Guru
Sep 6, 2002
11547 posts
5376 upvotes
Moving target
gr8dlr wrote: I don't understand manufacturers who make these things so small that it's not that functional...if I were them I'd consider making a small and a big.

Does this thing release steam...ie is it good to put under your cupboards?
For us pathetic single people with small counter space in shoebox condos
Autocorrect sucks
Deal Fanatic
Sep 22, 2012
7736 posts
10770 upvotes
Richmond Hill
It's a great product. Good size imo.

Any bigger and it would take up an unreasonable amount of countertop space.

It can fit those Costco ready-to-bake trays of lasagna perfectly.
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2003
2011 posts
935 upvotes
Ottawa
I have the previous model (button layout is different) but the steam and convection features are super handy. It's great for smaller meals and reheating especially if you're only cooking for one. Probably my most heavily used appliance in the kitchen.
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2014
1781 posts
2401 upvotes
GPS - error
This being so small, i’m guessing you’d hardly be able to use for dinners for a family of 3 or 4 ...
How would this be any different that using a regular oven and pouring water over a tray to generate steam :)