Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD PFC Sinewave UPS System, 1500VA/900W, 10 Outlets, AVR, Mini-Tower $169.95

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 26th, 2019 10:16 am
[OP]
Jul 29, 2010
377 posts
867 upvotes
Montreal

[Amazon.ca] CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD PFC Sinewave UPS System, 1500VA/900W, 10 Outlets, AVR, Mini-Tower $169.95

https://www.amazon.ca/CyberPower-CP1500 ... KRX9ZXH0HX

I bought this one myself last time it was this cheap. Great backup battery.
Images
  • 81sgisXqm+L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
Last edited by dazurn on Dec 25th, 2019 3:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
54 replies
Oct 2, 2007
747 posts
263 upvotes
Montreal
Nice, was about to post it. Snagged one at the last sale around black Fridays. Thanks for the share!
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2008
3545 posts
881 upvotes
My power rarely goes out and only get the rare 1 second blip, not to concerned about data loss or loosing internet as things just power on there own and LTE.

Would i benefit spending $170 as to avoid that 1 second blip and keeping my devices powered?

Other than keeping my PoE cameras active which means keeping the server active, it kinda feels like a waste of money for my usage since the server would just start a proper shutdown to save power.
Last edited by JonSnow on Dec 24th, 2019 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 19, 2012
911 posts
137 upvotes
does this thing have enough juice to power an entire PoE NVR security system? I have 6 cams. I don't expect this to power it for hours but an hour or two would be nice
Aug 28, 2005
363 posts
85 upvotes
How is CyberPower compared to APC? Costco.ca always has a 1500VA/900W APC model for $190: https://www.costco.ca/apc-back-ups-pro- ... 16110.html (understanding that you would need a Costco membership for it)

I no longer have a Costco membership but was debating if it's worth troubling a friend with a membership to order one or pick up something like this CyberPower one?
Last edited by rcxAsh on Dec 24th, 2019 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 27, 2007
21122 posts
12586 upvotes
Kitchener
Just note that UPS'es are final sale for Amazon (they quote the battery being too hazardous to be sent back to them).
Aug 19, 2012
911 posts
137 upvotes
aasoror wrote: Just note that UPS'es are final sale for Amazon (they quote the battery being too hazardous to be sent back to them).
if this is true I am going to cancel my order
Sep 2, 2005
378 posts
58 upvotes
Toronto
I bought the GX1325U-FC for $170. Other than the lower power for the model I got, is this model better or worse than the one I got?
Jul 26, 2013
592 posts
367 upvotes
Toronto
derrickrose wrote:
does this thing have enough juice to power an entire PoE NVR security system? I have 6 cams. I don't expect this to power it for hours but an hour or two would be nice
When you need to figure out how long battery will last here's an approximate methodology.

Cyberpower specs say the builtin battery is 8.5AH @ 12V. To convert that to watt hours (WH) you would multiple the two which is equal to around 102 Watt hours. This means it can provide 102 watts for 1 hour . You then divide that number by the watts (W) the device(s) you have connected consumes (e.g power a 100W lightbulb for one hour, or power a 10 watt bulb for 10 hours, or four 50 Watt bulbs for 30 minutes, etc... ) If watts of device isn't listed on manufacturer/sales specs page it can also be calculated by multiplying amps by volts of the device.

In your case since you have multiple devices, you'll also need to add up your NVR and each camera to figure out the total consumption. No one can give you a perfect answer because specs differ device to device and circumstance but here is an arbitrary example

Six cameras x 8 watts = 48 watts consumed per hour
One NVR x 60 Watts = 60 watts
Add the two for total of 108 Watts.

In this random example the NVR in theory could last a little less than an hour (102/108). The real world number may be a bit lower or higher due to a couple factors though. There can be a loss of power efficiency converting between AC/DC. (Usually losing between 10-20% WH). The draw of your device may fluctuate as well. For example a computer can use less than half the power when its idling versus under load. (If you want to determine precise watt usage of a device plug it into a smart power plug that has power consumption feature that measures over time)
Last edited by needybot on Dec 24th, 2019 9:12 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
13760 posts
5372 upvotes
Toronto, ON
rcxAsh wrote: How is CyberPower compared to APC? Costco.ca always has a 1500VA/900W APC model for $190: https://www.costco.ca/apc-back-ups-pro- ... 16110.html (understanding that you would need a Costco membership for it)

I no longer have a Costco membership but was debating if it's worth troubling a friend with a membership to order one or pick up something like this CyberPower one?
The APC from Costco does not have Sinewave so the CyberPower is better from a price and features perspective.
Aug 19, 2012
911 posts
137 upvotes
needybot wrote: When you need to figure out how long battery will last here's an approximate methodology.

Cyberpower specs say the builtin battery is 8.5AH @ 12V. To convert that to watt hours (WH) you would multiple the two which is equal to around 102 Watt hours. This means it can power a 102 watts for 1 hour. You then divide that number by the watts (W) the device(s) you have connected consumes (which if it isn't listed on manufacturer/sales spec page can be calculated by multiplying amps by volts of device). In your case since you have multiple devices, you'll also need to add up your NVR and each camera to figure out the total consumption.

No one can give you a perfect answer because specs differ device to device and circumstance but here is an arbitrary example

Six cameras x 8 watts = 48 watts consumed per hour
One NVR x 60 Watts = 60 watts
Add the two for total of 108 Watts.

In this random example the NVR could last a little less than an hour (102/108). The real world number may be a bit lower or higher due to a couple factors though. There can be a loss of power efficiency converting between AC/DC. (Usually losing between 10-20% WH). The draw of your device may fluctuate as well. For example a computer can use less than half the power when its idling versus under load. (If you want to determine precise watt usage of a device plug it into a smart power plug that has power consumption feature that measures over time)
Thanks for the very detailed answer. I think an hour is good enough for the price I am paying, we have had several quick power outages and I always hate having to set up the NVR again.
Dec 27, 2007
21122 posts
12586 upvotes
Kitchener
derrickrose wrote: if this is true I am going to cancel my order
Hazardous materials are not returnable to Amazon (listed on the return policy exceptions), the battery in this UPS is considered hazardous (I have bought this very same UPS from Amazon back in 2018 and had a lengthy conversation with support about the issue).
There is no need to take my word for it, chat with support and if they say you can return it just ask them to add a note to your order because the website won't allow you to initiate a return for the UPS.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
2691 posts
2580 upvotes
Why do people even place an order if they plan to return it? This price has been like this several times a year. No rush to buy if you are not sure if you want or need it.
Dec 28, 2012
14 posts
12 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
derrickrose wrote: does this thing have enough juice to power an entire PoE NVR security system? I have 6 cams. I don't expect this to power it for hours but an hour or two would be nice
I am using this exact same UPS with a NVR + 8 IP cameras and get about 55 minutes during the day time, around 45 at night (due to the IR lights being on)
Nov 25, 2008
22 posts
7 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Thanks for posting, Keepa didn't track this correctly and I would have missed it.

Pure sine wave units provide better quality power and usually cost more. This is a great price.
Last edited by bonfire-db on Dec 24th, 2019 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.