Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

CyberPower GC201 6" Heavy Duty Extension Cord, $3.47

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 4th, 2023 2:20 pm
[OP]
Mar 4, 2014
377 posts
667 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] CyberPower GC201 6" Heavy Duty Extension Cord, $3.47

Have a few of these, really nice to have around the house for adding on to any bulky adapters, or areas where you need a bit of wiggle room. Quite heavy duty, however only rated for 13 amps & 1,625 watts.

These generally went for about $3.50 over the years, but shot up to $10+ over COVID. It's now back to "regular" price, however still great to have. If you can't see the $3.47 price, go to other sellers. Currently backordered until Jan 14th.

Description: Avoid plug overcrowding and gain additional outlet space with the GC201 Extender. This six-inch power cord converts one outlet into two, freeing up space on power strips, surge protectors and wall taps. Its impact-resistant casing ensures maximum durability.
  • Outlets: 2
  • Outlet type: 3-Prong (NEMA 5-15R)
  • Plug type: 3-Prong (NEMA 5-15P)
  • Plug style: Straight
  • Power cord: 6 in
  • Color: Black
Last edited by homeisdepot on Jan 4th, 2023 11:58 am, edited 3 times in total.
20 replies
Feb 25, 2008
168 posts
96 upvotes
posted at 11:48 and at 11:50 price went up to $12.49
Sep 30, 2012
74 posts
278 upvotes
canada
stoneydish wrote: posted at 11:48 and at 11:50 price went up to $12.49
homeisdepot wrote: Have a few of these, really nice to have around the house for adding on to any bulky adapters, or areas where you need a bit of wiggle room. Quite heavy duty, however only rated for 13 amps & 1,625 watts.

These generally went for about $3.50 over the years, but shot up to $10+ over COVID. It's now back to "regular" price, however still great to have. If you can't see the $3.47 price, go to other sellers. Currently backordered until Jan 14th.

Description: Avoid plug overcrowding and gain additional outlet space with the GC201 Extender. This six-inch power cord converts one outlet into two, freeing up space on power strips, surge protectors and wall taps. Its impact-resistant casing ensures maximum durability.
  • Outlets: 2
  • Outlet type: 3-Prong (NEMA 5-15R)
  • Plug type: 3-Prong (NEMA 5-15P)
  • Plug style: Straight
  • Power cord: 6 in
  • Color: Black
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01JRLSPRW
Deal Guru
Mar 4, 2004
10007 posts
2841 upvotes
Montreal
stoneydish wrote: posted at 11:48 and at 11:50 price went up to $12.49
Amazon Bot working hard to scrape RFD today.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 15, 2004
6599 posts
1202 upvotes
have to manually select Amazon.ca as seller to get $3.47 as of now still has it at the price
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
9098 posts
5061 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Really? A 6 inch extension cord for $12.49? The funny thing is it is labelled heavy duty (13A) and the pic show it was plugged into a power bar.
What kind of heavy duty application will plug through a power bar?
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
7058 posts
4904 upvotes
Ottawa
What’s it for?
Buy Nice or Buy Twice.
[OP]
Mar 4, 2014
377 posts
667 upvotes
sonyHdr12 wrote: What’s it for?
As many as you can dream of. I have about 3 in use right now:
  1. Plugged in to a UPS to let me plug in a big adapter without sacrificing additional outlets
  2. Plugged in to a single smart plug to let me run both a fan + humidifier on a schedule
  3. Plugged in to a powerbar mounted to my desk that doesnt have room to let me plug a phone charger in vertically
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
7058 posts
4904 upvotes
Ottawa
homeisdepot wrote: As many as you can dream of. I have about 3 in use right now:
  1. Plugged in to a UPS to let me plug in a big adapter without sacrificing additional outlets
  2. Plugged in to a single smart plug to let me run both a fan + humidifier on a schedule
  3. Plugged in to a powerbar mounted to my desk that doesnt have room to let me plug a phone charger in vertically
Thanks, if it’s flat head, I will go for it.
Buy Nice or Buy Twice.
Jul 6, 2010
71 posts
105 upvotes
Vancouver
Forgive me for the noob question, but I thought daisy chaining electrical cords & power strips were a no-no?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2005
5779 posts
33959 upvotes
Montreal
Price has been like this for a while - I got some weeks before Christmas, but you were only limited to buying 4.. thanks OP I got 4 more.

sonyHdr12 wrote: What’s it for?
I use them with my Twinkly Christmas lights as the transformers are rather large when plugged up on extension cords. There's a real life use case for these small cords.
[OP]
Mar 4, 2014
377 posts
667 upvotes
mallow_pie wrote: Forgive me for the noob question, but I thought daisy chaining electrical cords & power strips were a no-no?
Not a noob question. The worry there is that daisy chaining will let you overload the rating of the power strip you are using, potentially causing a fire. As long as you're wary of the power draw of what you're plugging in to, versus the rating of the power strip you are OK in my opinion.

Using one of these these to extend a single outlet of something like a router/network switch. is absolutely ok. Using one of these to daisy chain a heater and server or adding another power bar - you won't be a happy camper. I generally use these as a single device extension, or sometimes plug in 2 low power devices.

If you wanted to extend the length of a power strip cable, or extend a more heavy duty device like dehumidifier/heater/etc, a extension cord like this would be the better option. They have 1/3/6ft options that are all rated for 15A/1875W and are certified: https://www.amazon.ca/FIRMERST-1875W-Ex ... B078X8CNF9
Deal Addict
May 27, 2007
3989 posts
1362 upvotes
YWG
Picked up 1 earlier to use with an outlet next to a couch , regret not getting 1 more in case

Deal done
RFD iTrader:76|||0
HEATWARE:15|||0
EBAY:220|||0