Tags:
None
[OP]
Mar 1, 2005
953 posts
78 upvotes
Vancouver

[Amazon.ca] CyberpowerPC - 3800X/5700XT/1tbSSD/16GB/Win10

Hello. I've been looking for a prebuilt. This PC price just dropped a bit and I think it's a good deal. Thoughts?

Specs are: CyberpowerPC Gamer Supreme Liquid Cool Gaming PC, AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 3.9GHz, Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB, 16GB DDR4, 1TB NVMe SSD, liquid cooled, WiFi & Win 10 Home

One thing holding me back from purchasing is I hear that 5700XT has driver issues. Buyer beware. Is this still a thing? Can someone shed some light on this?

Deal ends midnight tonight.
Last edited by eon90210 on Nov 27th, 2020 2:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
9 replies
[OP]
Mar 1, 2005
953 posts
78 upvotes
Vancouver
Oops. Thanks. Trying to figure out how to delete my post.
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2020
2694 posts
2217 upvotes
Toronto
Winking Face
eon90210 wrote: Oops. Thanks. Trying to figure out how to delete my post.
Only a mod can do that. Give them some time to get to your thread.

You posted this here so not technically a repost.
Jul 14, 2019
579 posts
994 upvotes
No mention of any important details (RAM specs, PSU OEM, Mobo OEM, SSD OEM) usually means they are using garbage. RAM is 3000 MHz (way too slow for Ryzen) and they don't even tell you the timings or OEM. CPU and GPU are old. Mouse and keyboard probably cost them $10 to throw in. Would be a hard pass from me.

Some people in the comments are saying what parts are in it but it's hard to trust those and exact parts are always subject to change with SI's like CyberPower.
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2016
1463 posts
1273 upvotes
CanadaCPU wrote: No mention of any important details (RAM specs, PSU OEM, Mobo OEM, SSD OEM) usually means they are using garbage. RAM is 3000 MHz (way too slow for Ryzen) and they don't even tell you the timings or OEM. CPU and GPU are old. Mouse and keyboard probably cost them $10 to throw in. Would be a hard pass from me.

Some people in the comments are saying what parts are in it but it's hard to trust those and exact parts are always subject to change with SI's like CyberPower.
Yes no brands were mentioned, except for the CPU (Duh!). Could be using all the worst brands.
Best shopping deals I got from here:
Asus Zenfone 3 Zoom $300, ZTE Blade V8 Pro $175, Fluld 55' 4k TV $360
Jul 14, 2019
579 posts
994 upvotes
CCHIPSS wrote: Yes no brands were mentioned, except for the CPU (Duh!). Could be using all the worst brands.
Yup. Typically what they do is buy in bulk at different stages, so if two people bought the same PC, they could have different SSD's with completely different performance, but they are both 1TB SSDs (the part they advertise). That is one reason why they never give details, because sometimes they have to source parts from different OEMs, and when they do they pick the cheapest possible stuff. Laptop manufacturers like Dell do the same thing and it's why some otherwise identical machines can have dramatically different performance. I get why some people don't want to have a PC custom built (or build their own) but prebuilts from major brands are almost always terrible compared to the same cost system built piece by piece.

For sure that is garbage RAM though at such a low 3000Mhz, probably really loose timings too. Some of the more prominent YouTubers like Gamers Nexus have also found CyperPower PC's to be built pretty poorly overall.
Jun 4, 2011
210 posts
62 upvotes
BRAMPTON
I have a 5700xt (reference design) and have not encountered any issues. I actually purchased a very similar setup to what you posted, but mine came with a 3900x (also from Cyberpower).

I have not had any issues with the drivers - my only grievance is that the stock cooler can get quite loud (assuming you overclock). If I leave all settings on auto, the fan setting isn't so bad.

For reference, I paid $2099 in November of 2019 for my system.
Jun 26, 2007
972 posts
691 upvotes
caltech26 wrote: I have not had any issues with the drivers - my only grievance is that the stock cooler can get quite loud (assuming you overclock). If I leave all settings on auto, the fan setting isn't so bad.
Stock coolers aren't designed for overclocking, unless you buy one of the really high-end 3rd party cards.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2012
2982 posts
2573 upvotes
Montreal
Seems like an alright deal. The video card alone is worth ~$550.

virtuman1980 wrote: Haha...pretty interesting fellow indeed...but it was this persistence/stubbornness of his that got him the positive result in the end.
datako wrote: ... Although, I'm a little surprised you went against what everyone advised ,op. You've got balls and absolutely crazy at the same time to do this.