Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Cyberpunk 2077 $54.99 - Amazon.ca (PS4 + Xbox One)

  • Last Updated:
  • Feb 2nd, 2021 9:49 am
[OP]
Newbie
Jul 16, 2020
10 posts
98 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Cyberpunk 2077 $54.99 - Amazon.ca (PS4 + Xbox One)

Just saw that Cyberpunk is on sale at Amazon.ca

Yes this game had a brutal launch but this is a decent price for the game and a big update should be right around the corner.
224 replies
Member
Feb 18, 2015
258 posts
1243 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Here comes 2077 downvotes. People really hated the game.
[OP]
Newbie
Jul 16, 2020
10 posts
98 upvotes
hahaha yep I figured this would get some hate, I havent even pulled the trigger on it yet but at this price I am very tempted too. If I had a PS5 I would 100% get it now
Member
Nov 3, 2005
410 posts
658 upvotes
Toronto
Same price as my pre-order back in June 2019... Decent price. I played for an hour and then decided to wait for the patches.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2014
1069 posts
505 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Good price. Although it was expected, due to the problems at launch. Let's hope CDPR pull their fingers out of their asses and turn this into the game it should have been.

For starters, this game should have been a 3rd person perspective. I like first person shooters, but RPGs are better suited to 3rd person, especially when you spend so much time customizing the look of your character, you want to be able to see him when you play.
Member
Jun 18, 2010
209 posts
171 upvotes
Marcos1310 wrote: Here comes 2077 downvotes. People really hated the game.
The game is fine. It's CDPR's greed that got to the game. The game was never made for the PS4/Xbox One yet they released it on those systems anyway for the $$$.

I played it on PC and aside from a few bugs, the game was great. People are rightfully mad about the false advertising but lets not pretend that a game of this scale was gonna run well on a fossil released in 2013.
“I will tell you how to become rich. Close the doors. Be fearful when others are greedy. Be greedy when others are fearful.” - Warren Buffet
Member
Jul 3, 2015
266 posts
664 upvotes
Etobicoke, ON
Just a quick note for those looking to buy this for the "next gen update":
- CDPR stated that the next-gen update/upgrade of Cyberpunk 2077 won't be ready until the "second half of 2021."

So even if you buy this game and pop it into the PS5/XBS console, it'll just be running the PS4/XB1 version of the game.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 12, 2011
2830 posts
1152 upvotes
Markham
Some one should tell him...
Not buying something on sale ISN'T a crime, buying something not on sale IS.
Newbie
Jan 13, 2010
64 posts
105 upvotes
Ottawa
DataCrunch wrote: hahaha yep I figured this would get some hate, I havent even pulled the trigger on it yet but at this price I am very tempted too. If I had a PS5 I would 100% get it now
I have a PS5 and I own this game. I would absolutely not buy it until they fix all the bugs and glitches. Every time I play this game, it's a painful experience.
Deal Addict
May 2, 2004
1595 posts
387 upvotes
That was my price from the pre-order through Amazon in 2019. Sent it back before opening it. Based on their recently released roadmap (no next gen patch until the end of 2021) I will wait for the GoTY edition for $20 in 2022.
Member
Dec 26, 2015
434 posts
233 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Funny enough I played on xbox series x it wasn't bad. It felt kinda broken story. Then it turns out management axed the entire underground subway and quite a bit of story went with it. If the developers had there way we would have gotten an amazing game.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2018
3590 posts
5614 upvotes
Kitchener
AlexJosh wrote: Some one should tell him...
Tell him what? Did you even read the OP...?
Gaming PC: i9 9900ks, GTX 1070 8gb x2, 64GB RAM
Phone: iPhone 8 64gb
Deal Guru
Feb 19, 2008
14331 posts
4909 upvotes
London
Niklasky wrote: Good price. Although it was expected, due to the problems at launch. Let's hope CDPR pull their fingers out of their asses and turn this into the game it should have been.

For starters, this game should have been a 3rd person perspective. I like first person shooters, but RPGs are better suited to 3rd person, especially when you spend so much time customizing the look of your character, you want to be able to see him when you play.

No shooter is EVER better in 3rd person
[OP]
Newbie
Jul 16, 2020
10 posts
98 upvotes
JoshCollins wrote: I have a PS5 and I own this game. I would absolutely not buy it until they fix all the bugs and glitches. Every time I play this game, it's a painful experience.
Wow it was that bad on PS5, doesn't give me hope on PS4 then. From what I heard its a great game on PC so was hoping running it on the PS5 would at least be decent.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 25, 2008
2714 posts
2348 upvotes
Winnipeg
I have played this on Xbox One X for a few hours now, and it's been quite enjoyable.
I’m not cheap……I’m frugal!!!
Newbie
Jan 13, 2010
64 posts
105 upvotes
Ottawa
DataCrunch wrote: Wow it was that bad on PS5, doesn't give me hope on PS4 then. From what I heard its a great game on PC so was hoping running it on the PS5 would at least be decent.
The game itself runs ok. But with all the bugs it's like playing a game that's still in the beta testing stage
Jr. Member
Feb 21, 2018
108 posts
132 upvotes
Guys can a PC nerd help me? Would this game play better on PS5 or my PC? my PC specs are below, I bought it from this thread a few years ago: lenovo-canada-legion-y540-17-c-gaming-l ... b-2287938/

Processor: Intel Core i7-9750H Processor (2.60GHz, up to 4.50GHz with Turbo Boost, 6 cores, 12MB Cache)
Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64
Display Type: 17.3" FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS, 300nits, anti-glare, 144Hz
Memory: upgraded 32GB (16GB +16GB) DDR4 2666MHz
Hard Drive: upgraded 2TB SSD EVO + 256GB Solid State Drive PCIe
Warranty: 1 Year Depot or Carry-in
AC Adapter: 230W AC Adapter (3pin) Black-US
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 6GB
Battery: 3 Cell Li-Polymer, 57Wh
Camera: 720p HD camera with microphone
Fingerprint Reader: No Fingerprint Reader
Keyboard: Backlit Keyboard - US English
Wireless: 802.11AC (2 x 2) & Bluetooth 4.1
Proud Sodomite 😋

Top