Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

D-Link Full HD Outdoor Wi-Fi Camera ($139.99)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 11th, 2020 11:23 am
[OP]
Sep 26, 2009
174 posts
299 upvotes
Toronto

[Amazon.ca] D-Link Full HD Outdoor Wi-Fi Camera ($139.99)

Lowest it has ever been according to Camel 3x

I have one facing my front door and it works great.
Last edited by jaydubayew on Feb 10th, 2020 4:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
10 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2011
1443 posts
1085 upvotes
Whitby
Price in the title would be helpful
[external link removed]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 14, 2018
7396 posts
25429 upvotes
^ price in title please and thank you
:)
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
12262 posts
6058 upvotes
So offer free cloud recordings or only paid? Cause then the amazon option sales were way cheaper and free cloud
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user! Fido User!
EQ BANK!! SIMPLii !! Tangerine!!
Buy first think later!
Oct 6, 2018
482 posts
691 upvotes
jaydubayew wrote: I have one facing my front door and it works great.
How's the video quality? Reviews say it's more like 720p instead of 1080p.
Deal Addict
May 2, 2011
1529 posts
1099 upvotes
Toronto
blazed16 wrote: So offer free cloud recordings or only paid? Cause then the amazon option sales were way cheaper and free cloud
Free 1 day video retention, 2.49 a month for 7 days

More pricing info here at the bottom of the page https://ca.dlink.com/en/mydlink
Apr 10, 2009
784 posts
223 upvotes
DLink has locked down all their cameras these days, so they wont work with outside solutions to record your video. They dont even have the ftp option on their new cameras anymore. No streaming interface (rtsp etc) so this isnt going to work with blue iris, zoneminder, synology surveillance station etc. There isnt even a web console interface like there used to be. You have to use the app (and it has to be the new app, not the lite Version)

You're basically forced to buy their cloud subscription if you want any kind of history past what will fit on your sd card.

I used to swear by DLink cameras since they were reasonably priced, good quality video, and insanely customizable.

All the new cameras ending with model number "H" are locked down. In fact I dont think dlink even sells any non-H cameras these days.

It's a shame, but I guess most companies these days are switching to subscription based storage.

Also the 8600LH has horrible wifi for an outdoor camera. I had to put a wifi repeater literally on the other side of the wall for it to bareeely work even though I have an AC router just 15 feet away.
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2006
2364 posts
1969 upvotes
Toronto
@Mistro
D-Link is not particulary well respected in routers, not sure about their surveillance cams. About 8 years ago I had 2 of the same wifi routers from D-Link, and the DHCP functionality to assign IP addresses on both broke within a couple of years so they only worked as wifi extenders after. ( I also don't like TP-Link Archer C7 wifi routers too, as two of them broke on me a couple of years ago ).
[OP]
Sep 26, 2009
174 posts
299 upvotes
Toronto
blazed16 wrote: So offer free cloud recordings or only paid? Cause then the amazon option sales were way cheaper and free cloud
I've never used cloud recording. I put in an SD card and all my footage is saved there and it is automatically overwritten when it runs out of space.
Chipppy wrote: How's the video quality? Reviews say it's more like 720p instead of 1080p.
Video quality was fine. I transferred the videos from my SD card to computer and it seemed 1080p to me.
Krispy1 wrote: Free 1 day video retention, 2.49 a month for 7 days

More pricing info here at the bottom of the page https://ca.dlink.com/en/mydlink
As I mentioned above, I only save locally to any SD card and it works great. You do have to use the app but rarely would i need the footage on my PC (it's usually to see if I have a packaged delivered or who's at the front door). Whenever it detects motion, it'll record and I've sometimes used the app on my PC using BlueStacks to view it as well.