Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Daniel Wellington Unisex Adult DW0010089 Dapper York 38mm Watch $117.61

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 6th, 2018 11:59 am
[OP]
Mar 15, 2011
462 posts
321 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Daniel Wellington Unisex Adult DW0010089 Dapper York 38mm Watch $117.61

Lowest price it has ever been on camel by a wide margin

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00ZSY ... UTF8&psc=1

These mass produced watches might not be for everyone but if you are in the market for one, I've been stalking this one for awhile now. Didn't expect it to drop to this price.

Price is good for another 12 hours from this post.
Images
  • Untitled.png
Last edited by Mars2012 on Feb 5th, 2018 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed link
42 replies
Dec 21, 2006
43 posts
90 upvotes
You can get the same watch on Aliexpress for $20.
Oct 5, 2014
136 posts
36 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Not knocking on the deal, but these watches are terrible. Better to go with a Seiko or Timex for the same price point.
Feb 8, 2017
33 posts
87 upvotes
These are not bad looking and the price is ok for this fashion trend item. I see how some would recommend seiko or other brands but these are simply trendy (although dying down, hence the price). Assuming it is ETA movement it is still worthawhile. Orient bamboo will be a similar product when onsale and i think that has more value.
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2013
1635 posts
2010 upvotes
GTA
Not a watch snob, but rfd should be aware that Daniel Wellington watches are basically flea market watches with an Instagram marketing campaign.

Worthless on resale.

This is a deal under $50 (and even then you’re paying too much )
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2003
1353 posts
349 upvotes
Ottawa
georgecantstandya wrote: This is a deal under $50 (and even then you’re paying too much )
So true...these are plain vanilla Japanese Quartz watches that have absolutely NOTHING special about them. Minimalist design? There is a million like that. Sapphire glass? Nopes. Swiss movement? Nopes. Mechanical? Nopes.
Go with a brand that actually carries some value and will guarantee a long and enjoyable ownership: Omega, Seiko, Citizen (some), Timex (higher end), Pusar (Seiko), Lorus (Seiko)...plenty to choose from.
Heck, I got an automatic bridge watch (20USD) that at least looks unlike anything I have ever seen so far and it's at least a conversation piece if nothing else. No one will ask me about my DW watch :)
To be or not to be...where is the question?
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2009
1086 posts
614 upvotes
East of Toronto
Chauwoody wrote: These are not bad looking and the price is ok for this fashion trend item. I see how some would recommend seiko or other brands but these are simply trendy (although dying down, hence the price). Assuming it is ETA movement it is still worthawhile. Orient bamboo will be a similar product when onsale and i think that has more value.
An ETA movement? Good luck with that.
Chinese made quartz fashion watch.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... ap-watches
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2013
1008 posts
1576 upvotes
Toronto
I'm just going to chime in here with my two cents: these watches are probably worth about $20 indeed. And I'm totally all about getting good value for money, and that doesn't mean cheap, as I do spend a lot on clothing.

I have a Tissell with a Miyota movement, because it's a very decent looking Bauhaus style watch with a great movement, and probably cost about what the normal retail price for DW is.

Having said that, my significant other saw these watches, and loved them, and I didn't think twice about buying them one, because at the end of the day it's what they wanted. :)
Oct 23, 2008
130 posts
143 upvotes
Chauwoody wrote: These are not bad looking and the price is ok for this fashion trend item. I see how some would recommend seiko or other brands but these are simply trendy (although dying down, hence the price). Assuming it is ETA movement it is still worthawhile. Orient bamboo will be a similar product when onsale and i think that has more value.
Not even close to ETA.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 14, 2006
9689 posts
1118 upvotes
Hm learned a lot about dw watches today.

Is Linjer pretty much the same?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2007
9136 posts
2089 upvotes
Trump Uni Dropout
how about Luc Brossard watches?

Ok I made that name up :D
You only live twice ǝɔᴉʍʇ 😎
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2015
8712 posts
5094 upvotes
ON
Daniel Wellington unisex Adult diaper ? Awesome name, sure to turn heads at the old folks home.
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
16485 posts
14617 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I wouldn't be caught dead wearing a fashion watch. As others have said you're better off with a Seiko, Citizen, orient...
Dec 7, 2008
662 posts
125 upvotes
Problem is that these were kinda cool 2 years ago. Now EVERYONE has one. don't do it.
Aug 3, 2007
135 posts
116 upvotes
I wish people would stop attacking OP's post, it may not be a good deal in terms of the quality of watch. People have been buying this watch because of trend and minimalist design few years ago. It can still be a good deal for ones that have been considering it. Lets try not to discourage people from sharing, we may all benefit from certain findings.
Oct 5, 2014
136 posts
36 upvotes
Toronto, ON
supermouse115 wrote: I wish people would stop attacking OP's post, it may not be a good deal in terms of the quality of watch. People have been buying this watch because of trend and minimalist design few years ago. It can still be a good deal for ones that have been considering it. Lets try not to discourage people from sharing, we may all benefit from certain findings.
I agree with this. But people should also note of the quality and build of the watch.
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
16485 posts
14617 upvotes
Richmond Hill
supermouse115 wrote: I wish people would stop attacking OP's post, it may not be a good deal in terms of the quality of watch. People have been buying this watch because of trend and minimalist design few years ago. It can still be a good deal for ones that have been considering it. Lets try not to discourage people from sharing, we may all benefit from certain findings.
From what I've seen no one is attacking OP, ppl are educating those that don't know better.
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
14008 posts
4105 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Corleone187 wrote: how about Luc Brossard watches?

I thought he was a Canucks draft pick. Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2013
1294 posts
976 upvotes
North York
Agreed, its too easy and mainstream to bash DW cause they don't have some quartz mechanic. Honestly watches nowadays are ONLY a fashion statement hardly a functional one. If they break, runs out of battery or gets lost... no hard feelings cause its cheap.

The only reason why you'd need a quartz precision watches is if you are Usain bolt and trying to count every millisecond accurately. I have yet still to meet someone that'll compliment my seiko..... let's be honest it's like the Toyota corolla of watches along with Timex. Looks bad but lasts long. Different strokes for different folks.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2015
8712 posts
5094 upvotes
ON
Corleone187 wrote: how about Luc Brossard watches?

Been drinking sparkling juice from Costco lately ?