• Last Updated:
  • Jan 26th, 2021 7:41 am
[OP]
Jul 9, 2012
107 posts
133 upvotes
BURLINGTON

[Amazon.ca] Dark Souls Board Game - $89.95

Have had my eye on this one for a while, but doesn’t go on sale very often.

Steamforged Games Dark Souls: The Board Game

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01MXLB67B/ref ... dGb53YPFM3
22 replies
Nov 26, 2013
39 posts
31 upvotes
Saint-Chrysostome
Same here, ordered one Thx OP
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2011
2048 posts
725 upvotes
Edmonton
Really tempting - the game itself has so many expansions I don't even know where I'd start after playing the core game...but the minis are gorgeous.
Apr 23, 2011
870 posts
226 upvotes
Newcastle
Skadefryd wrote: Really tempting - the game itself has so many expansions I don't even know where I'd start after playing the core game...but the minis are gorgeous.
Darkroot- then either the character pack, or the summons pack. After that a megaboss.

Also great game, very very long
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2006
2997 posts
1005 upvotes
Toronto
Is this game still enjoyable if you never played the video game?
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2006
2001 posts
606 upvotes
Toronto
Is this board game as hard as the video game?
Jul 14, 2008
924 posts
1266 upvotes
Montreal
matt4670 wrote: Is this board game as hard as the video game?
This game is really hard just like its video game counterpart i guess so I'd caution getting it. Check the reviews first and make an informed decision The enemies are super hard so the game isn't really super balanced, takes a lot of fun out of the game.
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2007
2361 posts
224 upvotes
Waterloo
People say this game is pretty good, especially the boss fights, but some house rules are required to make the game more fun. I dont have the game but something like giving yourself twice as many souls to make it less grindy.
Dec 10, 2015
99 posts
70 upvotes
Montréal
This is tearing me apart. I'm still waiting to receive the complete collection of Bloodborne from CMON on Kickstarter. Q.Q I wish I could pull the trigger, but so many expansions dear god
Jul 31, 2007
603 posts
455 upvotes
Vladimir wrote: People say this game is pretty good, especially the boss fights, but some house rules are required to make the game more fun. I dont have the game but something like giving yourself twice as many souls to make it less grindy.
Yup, the base game rules were not good, so many people created house rules for them. I haven't tried many but I think the extended rules work well: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... p3vadFUfyv
Nov 1, 2009
543 posts
271 upvotes
Terrebonne
6.6 rating and a rank of 2265 is not blind buy worthy especially for $90.
When you think about it $90 can buy you incredible games.
A boardgame with great production and great minis is worth nothing if it stays on the shelf because it's too boring to play.
Aug 28, 2003
726 posts
99 upvotes
yannakm wrote: 6.6 rating and a rank of 2265 is not blind buy worthy especially for $90.
When you think about it $90 can buy you incredible games.
A boardgame with great production and great minis is worth nothing if it stays on the shelf because it's too boring to play.
I've heard not great things about the game with the 'out of the box' rules, but like someone mentioned above I think there are some really good house rule sets that address this. This is a good price for the game, if you like the IP and want the cool minis I think this is an alright deal. Sure, if your goal is to get the best board game your $90 is going to get you then there are probably better options out there.
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2016
1555 posts
1367 upvotes
I would stay away from these kind of games. I played Kingdom Death and my group died at the second lion twice. What a waste of time, and the game host treated everyone like crap by micromanaging (coop? He might as well play by himself Lol)
Best shopping deals I got from here:
Asus Zenfone 3 Zoom $300, ZTE Blade V8 Pro $175, Fluld 55' 4k TV $360
Deal Guru
Oct 27, 2003
14292 posts
4792 upvotes
Toronto
Looks too hardcore to be fun. Just like the video game, lol, for me at least.
Nov 1, 2009
543 posts
271 upvotes
Terrebonne
Kurtz7834 wrote: Looks too hardcore to be fun. Just like the video game, lol, for me at least.
Unforgiving like the videogame. So to win combat, you need to throw two dice, get 6 on both and have one land and stay on top of the other one.
Nov 1, 2009
543 posts
271 upvotes
Terrebonne
Twitch1977 wrote: I've heard not great things about the game with the 'out of the box' rules, but like someone mentioned above I think there are some really good house rule sets that address this. This is a good price for the game, if you like the IP and want the cool minis I think this is an alright deal. Sure, if your goal is to get the best board game your $90 is going to get you then there are probably better options out there.
Don't get me wrong, I didn't say not to buy the game or judge the person who buys it. I simply say that before buying a $90 game with this rating, you should make sure to play it first. If you cannot play it first and want to blind buy a game, you better get something with better ratings or at least a game there are more people wanting to get it in trades than the people that wants to trade it.
bgg.png
Out of curiosity, I looked at my ratings on BGG and out of about 500 games I currently own or owned in the past, there are only 3 games I rate an 8 or above that has a BGG rating of 6.6 or bellow, so you might be lucky, but I wouldn't take the chance for $90.
Dec 2, 2005
86 posts
11 upvotes
I really hated the game and except for the minis it didn't have any redeeming quality about it.
I would stay far away at that price.
Mar 26, 2012
323 posts
454 upvotes
Ottawa
Jonick wrote: This game is really hard just like its video game counterpart i guess so I'd caution getting it. Check the reviews first and make an informed decision The enemies are super hard so the game isn't really super balanced, takes a lot of fun out of the game.
is it safe to take bathroom breaks?