Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Dash Mini Waffle Maker $14.99 (red) $15.24 (white)

• Last Updated:
  • May 1st, 2020 12:49 am
[OP]
Dec 3, 2005
728 posts
725 upvotes
S

[Amazon.ca] Dash Mini Waffle Maker $14.99 (red) $15.24 (white)

red $14.99
white $15.24

I've never used it.
Reviews are excellent.
Hot prices for Amazon Prime members since it's shipped to home.
The red one is also $14.99 at BBB, but pickup required for order <$49.
32 replies
Jan 22, 2015
478 posts
554 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Had one for about 5 years now, can't fault it.
Banned
Apr 23, 2020
45 posts
46 upvotes
Bought it 3 days ago for $3 more. Oh well. It works well but it is absolutely tiny. Makes eggo size waffles. It’s great for Chaffles for one or two people but do not buy this for a family unless you wanna feed everyone one by one.
Nov 26, 2018
167 posts
1745 upvotes
Mariana's Web
Bought this last week during the bed bath and beyond deal, pretty good for 2 people use.

Waffle maker is really small size you can make 1 “eggo frozen” size waffle every 3 minutes.
Nov 4, 2014
263 posts
264 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Looks tiny...anyways ordered one.
And Thanks op.
Jul 5, 2018
335 posts
1441 upvotes
For anyone looking at a diet such as Keto this can be a very useful item. You can make chaffles which can replace buns, bread etc.

Ussually I will use the following for chaffles
1/6 tsp garlic powder
1 egg
1/2 cup mozza or other cheese
1-2tbsp almond flour (depending on the recipe I will use more or less almond flour based on how stable I need the chaffle.)
You simply cook about 4 minutes and it will be done.
This recipe will make approximately 2 chaffles.

Theres other recipes you can follow but this is a basic all around one. You can use chaffles as burger buns, sandwhich bread, mini pizza dough, etc.
Jun 30, 2009
828 posts
234 upvotes
Toronto
Dash express 8" waffle maker is also on sale for $29.17 if anyone is looking for larger waffles. I ordered one earlier today.

Dash Express link
Mar 8, 2004
839 posts
357 upvotes
Barrie
Thanks for posting this. I skipped it when bed bath and beyond had it due to S&H. Free shipping with prime made it a instant buy

Going to try some chaffles!
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
1917 posts
1769 upvotes
Montréal
I made the Chaffles a good easy burger bun replacement
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
2569 posts
3318 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
TidalFlo wrote: Bought it 3 days ago for $3 more. Oh well. It works well but it is absolutely tiny. Makes eggo size waffles. It’s great for Chaffles for one or two people but do not buy this for a family unless you wanna feed everyone one by one.
I've had my Dash Express (8") for over 1mth and it's super for making chaffles, my favorite recipe is the one with added unflavored protein powder, I add a tablespoon of Boost Just Protein ® to the egg and 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella, it makes the chaffle a more waffle like texture.

Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2002
6016 posts
434 upvotes
Calgary
got this from the BBB deal and started making chaffles...like the ones with the quest cinnamonn crunch protein powder the best! pretty much tastes like real waffles...
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2015
3809 posts
3863 upvotes
Alberta
I need to try out these chaffles! I already have a waffle maker that makes 4 square waffles. This seems really small and would be inconvenient to make several batches for 2-3 people. Is there any advantage of this smaller unit over something like what I already have?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
8304 posts
1229 upvotes
TO
I assume it's not hard to clean this thing?
Achieva Financial /KOHO / STACK (0% FX Fee) /Tangerine / EQ Bank member / I use Plastiq for paying bills with my CC

"You can't soar with the eagles if you're hanging with the turkeys - Gary Kent
Sep 8, 2016
166 posts
108 upvotes
Toronto
Crappymonkey wrote: Dash express 8" waffle maker is also on sale for $29.17 if anyone is looking for larger waffles. I ordered one earlier today.

Dash Express link
Yas!! Been eyeing this since the bbb post last time. Thanks for sharing. Time to make chocolate waffles 🥰
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
2569 posts
3318 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Lush78 wrote: I need to try out these chaffles! I already have a waffle maker that makes 4 square waffles. This seems really small and would be inconvenient to make several batches for 2-3 people. Is there any advantage of this smaller unit over something like what I already have?
Nope, regular waffle maker will do the job as well.

The Dash Mini (4") and the Dash Express (8") are just really popular for their simplicity (no switches, buttons, or knobs), just plug in, wait for light to turn off to indicate the waffle maker is heated up and ready, pour in batter, close, wait 2-3minites, and you're done. Really popular among the Keto community for making simple 2-3 ingredient "chaffles".

Below is the personal size chaffle crust pizza I made on my Dash Express.

Crust is 1 egg, half-cup of mozzarella (<original chaffle receipe), I added some parsley flakes and a tablespoon of Just Protein to give it a bit more density.

Last edited by remik on Apr 26th, 2020 10:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
2569 posts
3318 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
TorontoEh wrote: I assume it's not hard to clean this thing?
Super simple, as long as you use cooking spray/PAM and remove the waffle with a plastic utensil or silicone spatula so you don't scratch the "non stick" cooking surface, then once cooled, just light wipe using a dish cloth or paper towel.
Banned
Apr 23, 2020
45 posts
46 upvotes
remik wrote: I've had my Dash Express (8") for over 1mth and it's super for making chaffles, my favorite recipe is the one with added unflavored protein powder, I add a tablespoon of Boost Just Protein ® to the egg and 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella, it makes the chaffle a more waffle like texture.

Sooo much protein! Good to know. I’m gonna try with just egg whites as my first go was delicious but tasted like a crispy omelette.
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
5744 posts
1998 upvotes
Toronto
What's a chaffle? It's basically a cheese omelette? I mean it's not even a waffle as there's no flour
Apr 9, 2020
11 posts
19 upvotes
Lush78 wrote: I need to try out these chaffles! I already have a waffle maker that makes 4 square waffles. This seems really small and would be inconvenient to make several batches for 2-3 people. Is there any advantage of this smaller unit over something like what I already have?
I've never made chaffles, but for me there is one advantage to using the smaller waffle maker. I generally make extra waffles, or at least have a few left over, and this size reheats in the toaster, whereas I need to use the toaster oven for the larger size. So I freeze the extras and like the small size for easy toaster heating.