Amazon.ca

Dashboard Wireless Car Charger with MagSafe and Suction Cup or Airvent

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 22nd, 2022 4:35 am
[OP]
Nov 2, 2006
239 posts
53 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Dashboard Wireless Car Charger with MagSafe and Suction Cup or Airvent

Been looking around for a phone mount for using in the car since we recently got a second vehicle. Had an MPOW version that worked pretty good but can't find them anymore so just recently ordered this and it works well with my iPhone.

ESR HaloLock Dashboard Wireless Car Charger with MagSafe and Suction Cup (I just got this works good)
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B08NT9NPDD
Regular price 35.99 with coupon 28.79
Code: J2PQCLYG

They also have the one that's like the airvent clip but it only works with limited vent car models.

ESR HaloLock Wireless Car Charger Mount with MagSafe for iPhone 12 Series
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B08HNBHSQV
Regular price: 35.99 with coupon 25.19
Code: OE5E9AWJ

They also have a desktop stand one for those working from home who wants to raise it up.
ESR HaloLock Desktop Wireless Charger Stand with MagSafe
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B08QVF235G
Regular price 32.99 with coupon 26.39
Code: F689JVHP
Last edited by al1n_7 on Aug 31st, 2021 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
17 replies
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
20422 posts
8833 upvotes
Toronto
Overpriced for $25. I have seen ones at Dollarama for $4.
Oct 18, 2014
166 posts
200 upvotes
Toronto, ON
carmaster wrote: Overpriced for $25. I have seen ones at Dollarama for $4.
You got any pictures of it?
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2012
1766 posts
731 upvotes
Montreal
carmaster wrote: Overpriced for $25. I have seen ones at Dollarama for $4.
Dollarama sells car mounts with wireless chargers integrated?? Gotta hunt for one then!
Aug 30, 2019
31 posts
48 upvotes
al1n_7 wrote: . Had an MPOW version that worked pretty good but can't find them anymore so just recently ordered this and it works well with my iPhone.
Apparently there was some controversy about Amazon and MPOW due to fake reviews (along with other vendors) so they got removed. I found this out when a set of MPOW headphones I had sort of broke (managed to redneck fix them). Not sure what the fake reviews stuff was, if anything I'd say they probably warrant 5* for most stuff. These things cost me $25 over 5 years ago and aside from the button falling off last week have been rock solid. They have had literally thousands of hours of use and still going.
Dec 15, 2011
272 posts
370 upvotes
Calgary
Thanks OP, honestly not a terrible price and ESR products have been good to me overall.

Personally I don’t need the charging, hoping they put up a coupon for this one to bring it under $20…

ESR HaloLock Magnetic Car Phone Holder Compatible for iPhone 12 series [Magsafe Car Mount] for iPhone 12/12 Pro/12 Pro Max/12 mini, Dashboard and Air Vent Phone Mount with Secure Magnetic Attachment, Black https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B092MNV6ZL/ref ... AERX9391RW
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
19529 posts
2242 upvotes
Quarantine Bubble
Where is the charging mechanism? This looks like it’s just a MagSafe mount.

I don’t think anyone has done a certified MagSafe charger to date. Even Belkin doesn’t have one.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2010
5405 posts
5461 upvotes
Edmonton
Supercooled wrote: Where is the charging mechanism? This looks like it’s just a MagSafe mount.

I don’t think anyone has done a certified MagSafe charger to date. Even Belkin doesn’t have one.
Most likely just magnets + standard wireless charger. Won't have fast charging.
Be a nice person and enjoy life

My feedback: Heatware Redflagdeals
Jul 23, 2019
63 posts
84 upvotes
It has Magsafe and is a wireless charger, but its not Magsafe certified and so wireless charging is limited to 7.5W, and that's only if you have an 18W USB-A charger with QC.

There are a few mounts that allow you to attach a genuine Apple Magsafe Charger to it, and that's probably the only way to get full 15W MagSafe charging, as Apple hasn't authorized any third parties for MagSafe car mounts w/ charging.
Mar 10, 2011
505 posts
436 upvotes
Niagara
th3xeroeagle wrote: Dollarama sells car mounts with wireless chargers integrated?? Gotta hunt for one then!
Yep. I've seen them. Already have one so didn't pay much attention to them and the current phone doesn't have wireless charging.
See sumtin'. Say sumtin'. ('less someone else already did)
Deal Guru
Jul 7, 2007
10784 posts
2459 upvotes
does the magnet still work if you have a case over it? (and I don't mean one of those expensive apple case)
Dec 10, 2006
184 posts
121 upvotes
North York
kingofwale wrote: does the magnet still work if you have a case over it? (and I don't mean one of those expensive apple case)
You'll need a MagSafe case, I use the Spigen Tough Armor Mag Works. No way the built-in magnets are strong enough to stay on a mount through a normal case, even a thin one.
Sep 26, 2012
519 posts
289 upvotes
Thornhill
For anyone who's interested in the wireless one. Please remember this blocks your air vent. Not a big issue in the winter but summer.
And if your phone is heavy, your phone will keep "nodding" to you.
Tip: If you don't have someone sits in the passenger seat, clip it in the passenger air vent.
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
20068 posts
5765 upvotes
Scarberia
superduder wrote: For anyone who's interested in the wireless one. Please remember this blocks your air vent. Not a big issue in the winter but summer.
And if your phone is heavy, your phone will keep "nodding" to you.
Tip: If you don't have someone sits in the passenger seat, clip it in the passenger air vent.
wait, isn't it more of an issue in the winter? i want hot air to blow in the winter(so i don't want anything blocking the air vents)!
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to [email protected] stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Sep 26, 2012
519 posts
289 upvotes
Thornhill
mikka2017 wrote: wait, isn't it more of an issue in the winter? i want hot air to blow in the winter(so i don't want anything blocking the air vents)!
Well, you only feel cool when cold air blowing to you skin directly, and you feel warm when the the whole area is warm.
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2009
1359 posts
467 upvotes
As someone said this mount won't work if you have a non magsafe case on. I returned this and bought a $10 clamp style vent mount that works much better and is secure. There's no point spending so much on a mount and a specific case imo for the same function.
Jul 26, 2021
32 posts
106 upvotes
I bought the vent mount from them when it was $30 looks like they increased the price. So far it works great and very convenient. But it’s not perfect, first of all you need MagSafe case or else you wouldn’t get strong connection even using ultra thin case. Second of all it doesn’t have the fast charging. So you’re stuck with slower charging speed but then again how small iPhone 12’s battery capacity is, it doesn’t take too long to get decent amount of charging.
Deal Addict
Sep 18, 2021
1164 posts
392 upvotes
Any alternatives? What does everyone think of the logiix brand?

Does anyone know if the halolock rings interfere with wireless charging?