• Oct 30th, 2020 7:54 pm
[OP]
Jan 10, 2017
106 posts
685 upvotes
GTA and GVA (Back an…

[Amazon.ca] Dawn Ultra Dishwashing Liquid, Original, 2.66 L $9.99

Hi everyone,

Was in the market for more dish soap and came across this deal. Seeing that most stores are selling the 591ml bottles for $3 minimum post-pandemic, this seemed like a pretty good deal for 2.66L. You can always find a spare soap bottle and transfer some of the liquid in to make the bottle more manageable to hold while you're washing dishes.

Enjoy!
35 replies
Dec 22, 2012
727 posts
910 upvotes
Mississauga
FYI costco has 700ML for i believe $3 (maybe just under) if you need something smaller.

But wow this will last you years lol
Deal Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
5899 posts
1166 upvotes
I have a lot of dish detergent already, but maybe I should get this...though on the reviews, it does say Amazon does a crappy job of handling the product and numerous people say it came with some leaks.
Dec 22, 2012
727 posts
910 upvotes
Mississauga
mr_yellow wrote: CCC seems to suggest this goes on sale at 9.99 pretty regularly.

Original Palmolive 5L (twice the volume) for a buck cheaper here: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B007EZ ... EEQB&psc=1
1) thats essential clean by palmolive
2) Dawn >> Palmolive. you dont need nearly as much of dawn vs using palmolive especially the essential version
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2018
1365 posts
3608 upvotes
Toronto, ON
xhalo21 wrote: FYI costco has 700ML for i believe $3 (maybe just under) if you need something smaller.
The Costco one is also superior. It's the 4x variant I believe. Also, I think it's also on sale in-store, can't recall if it was $2 or $3 off the regular price.
xhalo21 wrote: 2) Dawn >> Palmolive
+1
We The North!

ノ┬─┬ノ ︵ ( \o°o)\
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
12167 posts
6016 upvotes
mr_yellow wrote: CCC seems to suggest this goes on sale at 9.99 pretty regularly.

Original Palmolive 5L (twice the volume) for a buck cheaper here: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B007EZ ... EEQB&psc=1
The palmolive stuff is not even close as being on par with dawn.
xhalo21 wrote:
1) thats essential clean by palmolive
2) Dawn >> Palmolive. you dont need nearly as much of dawn vs using palmolive especially the essential version
Palmolive not as good as dawn not even close.
michelangelo88 wrote: The Costco one is also superior. It's the 4x variant I believe. Also, I think it's also on sale in-store, can't recall if it was $2 or $3 off the regular price.

+1
I agree the costco 4x tuff is what we always buy when on sale.
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user! Fido User!
EQ BANK!! SIMPLii !! Tangerine!!
Buy first think later!
Dec 13, 2003
505 posts
426 upvotes
I was in Costco this week in Vaughan, ON and they were only selling single bottles for just under $3. I was surprised there were no 3-packs
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2005
4000 posts
3193 upvotes
Ottawa
The 573 mL bottles are on sale for $1.99 at the Loblaws chain this week in Ottawa. This sale price is on regularly every couple of weeks at different grocery stores. I got 10 bottles for $1.49 at Jean Coutu just about a month ago so prices for this dish soap are not higher because of the pandemic. I don't see any advantage of getting this big bottle from Amazon so this is not a hot deal by any stretch, not even a warm deal.
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2006
2707 posts
854 upvotes
I shower exclusively with dawn- body, hair, everything except my face. A bottle lasts like 6 months and you’ve never been cleaner. If it’s good enough to get dinosaur sludge off of baby ducks, it’s good enough for my pits and ass. I say this as someone who won’t hesitate to drop $400 on cologne.
Jul 16, 2020
21 posts
21 upvotes
I personally find the Costco version (Platinum I believe) to be weaker than the one I get at Walmart or other stores.
Dec 29, 2008
562 posts
854 upvotes
Mississauga
could someone explain how is the dawn better than palmolive, I feel like they both work equally well when I use it to wash my dishes.
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2005
2963 posts
388 upvotes
RadioDude wrote: could someone explain how is the dawn better than palmolive, I feel like they both work equally well when I use it to wash my dishes.
If you ever have a friend with Dawn at home, take a small sample bottle then go home and test side by side with palmolive, the best way to test is get some food oil into a plastic container (those black one we get from takeout)

palmolive will have super difficult time getting rid of the oil off of those black container, its almost a nightmare and will never seem to get them clean. After that take a second container with the same oil, use Dawn on it and with just a few sponge wipe, its squeaky clean. Not to mentioned you only need small drip of Dawn vs a big blob for palmolive

I hope this also answer the person above asking about no frill cleaner, those are even worst
Look here
Nov 5, 2008
401 posts
303 upvotes
Richmond
I usually get the Costco 3 pack 7xxml for $7.50
i did buy this big jug from Amazon but my subjective sense was that it did not perform as well as the smaller bottles. I had switched from the smaller bottles directly to the big jug after I ran out. Not sure if it was a "bad batch", and I highly doubt they would change the formua, but I found I was using twice as much as usual. Again, this wasn't a scientific test of any kind...

I did complain about it, and was able to get a 10% credit back, lol.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2015
1104 posts
1255 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
DFS 360 wrote: I shower exclusively with dawn- body, hair, everything except my face. A bottle lasts like 6 months and you’ve never been cleaner. If it’s good enough to get dinosaur sludge off of baby ducks, it’s good enough for my pits and ass. I say this as someone who won’t hesitate to drop $400 on cologne.
I use dawn for my hands all the time and say "If it's good enough for ducks, it's good enough for me!" and I always get flack for that. Thanks for making me feel normal.
Jul 11, 2009
830 posts
744 upvotes
Toronto
BBQPEANUT wrote: I use dawn for my hands all the time and say "If it's good enough for ducks, it's good enough for me!" and I always get flack for that. Thanks for making me feel normal.
The Costco dawn ultra platinum is so good and cheap, when on sale, I use it, watering it down, for hand soap in the kitchen. I don’t need validation though
Jul 11, 2009
830 posts
744 upvotes
Toronto
RadioDude wrote: could someone explain how is the dawn better than palmolive, I feel like they both work equally well when I use it to wash my dishes.
With dawn ultra platinum, I feel like I can wash like a whole meal of dirty dishes using 1/2 a teaspoon of detergent and it doesn’t weaken when facing thick grease.

palmolive, in comparison, I’ve felt with probably twice as much detergent still wash half the amount dishes and it wouldn’t be able to get through really greasy stuff.