[Amazon.ca] De Buyer 9.5" Mineral B Round Carbon Steel Fry Pan $41.08

• Last Updated:
  • May 26th, 2020 4:01 pm
[OP]
Nov 22, 2016
91 posts
62 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] De Buyer 9.5" Mineral B Round Carbon Steel Fry Pan $41.08

All time low at $39.98, this is only a buck more. Don't know what's going on with de buyer on Amazon lately, but I've seen quite a few of their frying pans hitting all time low/near all time low in the past few weeks, outstanding pan nonetheless, not to mention it should last you a lifetime with proper care. Btw I own 4 different sizes of de buyer frying pans, and I personally find the 9.5" one to be the most used, perfect size for cooking breakfast in my family of 4.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00462 ... UTF8&psc=1
11 replies
Apr 30, 2009
990 posts
1057 upvotes
GTA
Shavenhead777 wrote: I personally find the 9.5" one to be the most used, perfect size for cooking breakfast in my family of 4.
Your family must eat a lot less than mine. We're more like a 12" skillet and cooking in 2 batches. Smiling Face With Open Mouth

Thanks OP! Waiting for my 9.5" to ship from the last deal.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
2068 posts
915 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Does Costco still have these for about the same price?
Aug 31, 2006
781 posts
536 upvotes
Norilsk
carbon steel prices down to lowest in 5 years. Iron ore prices are down 30% on the year.. Gas to ship things is cheaper. Maybe that's why your pans are on sale.
If I robbed the place I would be out by now....
Nov 5, 2005
844 posts
22 upvotes
Just got the 11" delivered, surface has some scuffs, one or two I can feel with my finger. Is this normal? Will they disappear with seasoning or best to return?
Aug 14, 2009
305 posts
232 upvotes
Bolt heads where the handle attaches makes it a non-starter for me. After having used pans without, it's super frustrating to have to scrape around them again.
Feb 29, 2004
167 posts
80 upvotes
Ctwizzy wrote: Just got the 11" delivered, surface has some scuffs, one or two I can feel with my finger. Is this normal? Will they disappear with seasoning or best to return?
The surface is covered in beeswax. Remove it and it should be fine.
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2007
1088 posts
549 upvotes
Toronto
For those who missed the sale, I have a couple of 9.5" arriving soon. I'm in Mississauga. PM if you're interested.

But they're the Carbone Plus series (5110.24). No annoying yellow button, no annoying bee stamp in the middle of the pan, plus a nicer handle.
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2011
1654 posts
903 upvotes
Vancouver
trendless wrote: Bolt heads where the handle attaches makes it a non-starter for me. After having used pans without, it's super frustrating to have to scrape around them again.
If you are trying to avoid bolts on carbon steels, you should look at matfers or darto pans
May 17, 2012
18 posts
4 upvotes
North York
Hi guys, what is so great about this particular pan?

Regards
Aug 14, 2009
305 posts
232 upvotes
Sypsy wrote: If you are trying to avoid bolts on carbon steels, you should look at matfers or darto pans
Thanks for the tip! :)