Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] DEAD - 8Bitdo N30 Pro2 Bluetooth Gamepad (N Edition), $39.99 at Amazon

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 11th, 2021 12:10 pm
[OP]
Aug 12, 2010
790 posts
590 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] DEAD - 8Bitdo N30 Pro2 Bluetooth Gamepad (N Edition), $39.99 at Amazon

$10 off, on the 8Bitdo N30 Pro2 Bluetooth Gamepad (N Edition), $39.99 at Amazon, USB rechargeable and Compatible with Nintendo Switch, PC, Mac OS & Android

Last edited by geoffs on Feb 13th, 2021 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zoomer $36 Plan Loyal
14 replies
Nov 25, 2009
499 posts
276 upvotes
Vancouver
ARGH I bought two of those a month ago. :(
Nov 29, 2012
98 posts
39 upvotes
TORONTO
Having owned and sold this, i just found its too small. Not having those hand grips like most controllers makes it much less comfortable over a longer gaming session especially. I highly recommend something larger for most people. Or for kids' hands?
May 10, 2007
918 posts
54 upvotes
Thornhill
I don't see the coupon anymore?
Jul 10, 2017
62 posts
44 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Could not agree more. Also owned and sold these for the same reason. The R and L buttons feel like they should be just single R and L rather than split into 2 buttons.
May 10, 2007
918 posts
54 upvotes
Thornhill
Besides the Size issue. How is it to use with a Switch? Looking to replace my kids Drifting controllers and the price is right @ $40.
Deal Guru
Feb 10, 2007
12229 posts
3385 upvotes
even on sale, buying a ps4 controller make more sense than getting this
[self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already]Trolling or Threadcrapping Trolling - woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2013
5146 posts
3186 upvotes
Toronto
Rome wrote: Besides the Size issue. How is it to use with a Switch? Looking to replace my kids Drifting controllers and the price is right @ $40.
I own an SN30 Pro and SN30 Pro+, use both with my switch and they work great. Only drawback is the won't wake the Switch from sleep. I'd be inclined to recommend the SN30 Pro over the N30 Pro2, just because the shoulder button placement is much better, though it is a bit bigger. It does occasionally go on sale for closer to this $40 though it's $50 right now.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2013
5146 posts
3186 upvotes
Toronto
sexyj wrote: even on sale, buying a ps4 controller make more sense than getting this
Not if you want to use it with a Switch, or use it with a PC without using custom drivers (I know Steam has drives but some programs don't place nice with them, primarily Gamepass gives me issues). That said, for most people, I'd recommend the SN30 Pro+ over this and it's not close.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2007
1224 posts
63 upvotes
Toronto
I got 2 of them may 2020 for $20 each from best buy. Obviously no time machine. I got them in lieu of getting another set of switch controllers at $100/pair and even smaller footprint. For my daughter's and nieces to play Mario Kart etc it's more than fine. For adult it's too small for serious game time.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2008
2911 posts
735 upvotes
Belle River
Rome wrote: Besides the Size issue. How is it to use with a Switch? Looking to replace my kids Drifting controllers and the price is right @ $40.
legioss wrote: Replacement sticks are cheap on Amazon, Took me 15 minutes to replace 4 sticks

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B08CS7 ... UTF8&psc=1
Or if you really don't wanna do it yourself check Kijiji. I found someone in my area that fixed some worn out joycon locks and one stick, I forget the exact prices but it wasn't bad like $5 each for locks and I think he charged me $10 for the stick.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2005
2018 posts
706 upvotes
Montréal, QC
Works really nice with the Nintendo Switch, it even also have vibration
[OP]
Aug 12, 2010
790 posts
590 upvotes
slickenned wrote: Having owned and sold this, i just found its too small. Not having those hand grips like most controllers makes it much less comfortable over a longer gaming session especially. I highly recommend something larger for most people. Or for kids' hands?
Thanks for advice, bought this for my 5 year old to be 2nd player on our android gaming. Never had an Xbox, but I prefer their controllers: just a little too small tho
Zoomer $36 Plan Loyal