Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

[DEAD] Breville BREBES001XL Mini Espresso Knock Box ($19.99)

  • Last Updated:
  • Dec 11th, 2021 6:05 pm
41 replies
Member
User avatar
Dec 13, 2020
265 posts
431 upvotes
Toronto, ON
+1. This was worth it at $30, it sure is a good deal at $20 !
Newbie
Jul 6, 2010
86 posts
24 upvotes
Alberta
I have a Breville espresso machine. I didn’t even know of this product type “knock box” lol. I’ve been picking out my pucks with a spoon. Thanks, bought!
Member
Oct 26, 2010
333 posts
203 upvotes
Scarborough
PC_Cola wrote: I have a Breville espresso machine. I didn’t even know of this product type “knock box” lol. I’ve been picking out my pucks with a spoon. Thanks, bought!
if you have room for it on your counter then its nice to have. I have a small stainless steel buck that I use as a green bin and just hit the edge and the puck drops out.
Jr. Member
Nov 26, 2015
138 posts
107 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Use this everyday. I can tuck it in on the drip tray of my dual boiler to save counter space after I’ve made coffee.
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
47105 posts
7508 upvotes
Richmond Hill
PC_Cola wrote: I have a Breville espresso machine. I didn’t even know of this product type “knock box” lol. I’ve been picking out my pucks with a spoon. Thanks, bought!
If your puck doesn't come out with a few taps, it means you're not pulling your shots correctly. This can happen if you're using the double wall basket. Try to single wall.

My green bin is my knock box, no need for another thing on the counter.
Sr. Member
Jul 4, 2007
514 posts
486 upvotes
Pickering, Ontario
Like others have said, green bin is my knock box
Member
Jul 29, 2016
328 posts
205 upvotes
Toronto
logikol wrote: Like others have said, green bin is my knock box
While I agree with that 100%, and also knock at my green bin, I am still temptated to pick up this one, since I am a big fan of Breville product ... LoL
Newbie
Dec 24, 2003
96 posts
63 upvotes
Toronto
lmx116 wrote: While I agree with that 100%, and also knock at my green bin, I am still temptated to pick up this one, since I am a big fan of Breville product ... LoL
I used to use the green bin, but this is so much more convenient. The bar in the middle makes it easier to knock the puck out - most green bins aren't meant to be smacked like this.
Newbie
Nov 21, 2013
25 posts
126 upvotes
MILTON
If you have a manual espresso machine, a knock box is 100% worth it. It is surprisingly convenient.

I wish I had bought this 10 years ago.
Jr. Member
Dec 12, 2019
198 posts
172 upvotes
Been through a few knock boxes... This one is the best so far. Going on two+ years now and still great.
Sr. Member
Oct 29, 2014
507 posts
179 upvotes
905
Great knock box. I use it and then put the coffee grounds in the garden.
Sr. Member
Oct 24, 2010
756 posts
708 upvotes
Toronto
Makes sense if you use your grounds for something else.
I don't, so they go straight in the green bin. Nicee find op.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Sep 1, 2005
16663 posts
11391 upvotes
Markham
30seconds wrote: Great knock box. I use it and then put the coffee grounds in the garden.
bam136 wrote: Makes sense if you use your grounds for something else.
I don't, so they go straight in the green bin. Nicee find op.
Good for garden... If you need lots, you can get lots (and i really mean lots) at Starbucks. Just ask the staff.

Also very good for de-odorizer in the fridge or kitchen. I knock box my espresso grind into one of those blue mushroom containers by knocking my portafilter against a spoon handle and it pops out.

Do not put grounds down the drain!
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
9043 posts
4883 upvotes
gr8dlr wrote: Good for garden... If you need lots, you can get lots (and i really mean lots) at Starbucks. Just ask the staff.

Also very good for de-odorizer in the fridge or kitchen. I knock box my espresso grind into one of those blue mushroom containers by knocking my portafilter against a spoon handle and it pops out.

Do not put grounds down the drain!
Also the fine aroma of your favourite coffees keeps unwanted critters away.
Newbie
Nov 2, 2021
10 posts
4 upvotes
I've had this for over a year with my Breville espresso machine. Totally worth it even at a higher price. Even though it's a mini it can take at least 15 pucks. It's especially helpful if your machine isn't as close to a sink or garbage. No more banging my portafilters on the garbage can!
Newbie
Mar 13, 2020
50 posts
30 upvotes
Montreal
Jon Lai wrote: If your puck doesn't come out with a few taps, it means you're not pulling your shots correctly. This can happen if you're using the double wall basket. Try to single wall.

My green bin is my knock box, no need for another thing on the counter.
I use Cafe Roma, and there is no way coffee comes out by tapping. I have to wash it out with water. Probably works with more powerful machines.

Top