Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] ((DEAD DEAL MOVE PLEASE)) COSORI Air Fryer, Max XL 5.8-Quart $109 from $138

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 24th, 2020 4:14 pm
[OP]
Sep 27, 2019
60 posts
112 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] ((DEAD DEAL MOVE PLEASE)) COSORI Air Fryer, Max XL 5.8-Quart $109 from $138

Been watching this one for a while since one RFD'er gave an in depth review and awarding this the best air fryer second to the Phillips and best overall in terms of the value (1/3 the price). They also said this one with the manual knob was better than the digital, if I recall, due to longevity. So many great reviews on amazon as well. The size for this price is great, not sure how long it will last. I've seen $10 off coupons bringing it to 129.00 before but never as low as $110. Based on the price history I see it's the lowest it's been also.

*Update

Some on this thread recommended some accessories for easier clean up, will put here to save time for others.

https://www.amazon.ca/Parchment-Liners% ... 837&sr=8-5
Parchment paper liners. Important to get the perforated ones otherwise the air blows the paper around. Also don't preheat with these in without food - paper can blow around and be a fire hazard.

https://www.amazon.ca/Balsang-Pot-Origi ... 6RTS/?th=1
Food Safe Silicone tray

Thanks everyone for your input in this thread!

EDIT #2
Deal is dead now, lasted for a while though.
Amazon removed that link and started a new one returning the price to $139.00, too bad as it removes the price tracking history of the item.
Here's a new product link anyway....
https://www.amazon.ca/COSORI-Electric-A ... hen&sr=1-6
Last edited by Dirtypoodle on Aug 23rd, 2020 10:33 am, edited 6 times in total.
251 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2005
1116 posts
562 upvotes
It's a good price for this for sure. I already got the digital one and the Phillips, i do end up using the Phillips one mostly just because it cooks better but if you are tight on budget then go for this one
[*]
Nov 7, 2011
81 posts
41 upvotes
AGASSIZ
Wrestling whether to go for it or not, never had an air fryer, so no experience to go on.
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2005
3669 posts
304 upvotes
Thornhill
raceral wrote: Wrestling whether to go for it or not, never had an air fryer, so no experience to go on.
Air Fryers are awesome. Use it all the time. I have the Tfal Easy Fry XL.
Dec 20, 2019
156 posts
279 upvotes
Air fryers are awesome. However, with the manual knob, I ran into the issue of the numbers and symbols fading. That's why I'm planning to go digital for my next air fryer

Edit- Just putting this out as a heads up for anyone interested.
Nov 7, 2011
81 posts
41 upvotes
AGASSIZ
Well I pulled the plug and ordered one, considering the price I figure it is cheap enough to give it a try. Thanks OP
Nov 29, 2015
103 posts
58 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Been looking for one, thanks OP!
[OP]
Sep 27, 2019
60 posts
112 upvotes
Here's the review that led me to this air fryer. Thanks Moufasa.

moufasa wrote: I did a bunch of air fryer research the past couple months. Here is what i learned:

Some people think air fryers are basically just well marketed convection ovens. In most cases, a convection oven can do everything an air fryer can, but not the other way around. But there are good reasons to buy an air fryer over a convection oven. I think it’s a lot more convenient, a slide out non stick tray makes it worthwhile alone, it’s so easy to clean for most models with soap and water or just dump it in the dishwasher. The convection oven air fryer models are a pain in the ass, my breville smart oven looks like i stained it with grease.

If you want an air fryer, the popular options are:

1) one of the foodi models

Pros: i think most of them have combined IP + air fryer. Pretty handy if you are on a budget/space constraint
Cons: i think they are hard to clean. Ive read that food often gets stuck to the air fryer part because you can’t remove the top lid (this doesn’t apply to all models. But even the one OP posted...you can save space by lifting it up but at what cost, does all the grease just run down to the back?)

2) instant pot + air fryer attachment

Pros: good if you already have an instant pot, save a bunch of money by just buying the lid

Cons: if you don’t already have an instant pot i think the foodi is a better buy if you need the air fryer. Just my personal opinion so read up if you think you want to buy this combo

3) ninja (not the foodi, just the regular air fryer)

Pros: good brand, easy to clean
Cons: i guess i couldnt come up with a reason not to buy the foodi for the same price. I guess the regular air fryer is more convenient if you are mainly just air frying.

4) corsori

Pros: highly rated on amazon. Over any other air fryer listed here. It’s the cheapest and works just as good if not better than most. The 5 quart size is on sale for $140 right now, that’s cheaper than any other option’s 3.8 quart models.

Cons: make sure you don’t get the wifi model. It seems cool that it notifies you via app when to shake your food but apparently the buttons are terrible and don’t work half the time, this problem does not exist on the regular models.

5) Philips

Pros: if you a baller just buy this. Best air fryer on the market. Has some patented air fryer technology that they spent hundreds of thousands of dollars developing so your chicken nuggets can be like 5% more crispy than the alternative models

Cons: expensive as ****. I ended up buying the cosori 5 quart and an instant pot for like $100 less than i would have spent on the 3.8 quart Philips model. But I’m cheap and you may not be.

TLDR: If i have unlimited budget, I go with the Philips air fryer. If not, cosori is the best option if you plan on only air frying. Otherwise i would get the foodi (not this one posted by OP, the IP + air fryer model) if you plan on using the pressure cooking features.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
2910 posts
1350 upvotes
West Coast
bilaliz wrote: It's a good price for this for sure. I already got the digital one and the Phillips, i do end up using the Phillips one mostly just because it cooks better but if you are tight on budget then go for this one
Can you expand on "cooks better?" Issues with even heat? Cook time? Tray size/dimensions?
Please don't ask or beg for "thanks". Don't act like this is Facebook. If someone found your post helpful, let them decide if they want to make that click. The more you beg, the less you'll get. Cheers
Sep 2, 2003
754 posts
130 upvotes
GTA
Got the ninja air fryer from costco about 2 months ago, love it just wish the cooking area was bigger. I see that Cosori took a jab at the ninja air fryer lol
Dec 6, 2011
157 posts
81 upvotes
Winnipeg
That’s an awesome price for a well reviewed air fryer. Don’t forget to include a Balsang silicone pot/liner for easier cleaning.
Oct 18, 2010
208 posts
34 upvotes
I have the digital Corsori. It's absolutely fantastic, although i find it cooks hot, as in I need way less time and temp than what the recommendations on cooking guidelines are. The rule in the book they send with you is to generally use 25-50 degrees cooler and 25% less time than the oven cooking times, but I find even this is way too much, so you have to learn what works. Honestly the default setting of 350 for 15 mins works for almost everything.

The only complaint I have with the Corsori is that a separator for the basket would be awesome. Lots of time I want a fry up a couple things and would like them separated.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)