Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] *DEAD* Havit Mechanical Keyboard and Mouse Combo RGB 104 $40

[OP]
Member
Oct 19, 2009
226 posts
163 upvotes
Toronto

[Amazon.ca] *DEAD* Havit Mechanical Keyboard and Mouse Combo RGB 104 $40

EXPIRED DEC 10 @ 8PM

I've been using a Corsair Strafe at work and decided that I needed a mech keyboard to use at home. I decided to buy this Havit keyboard after looking over reviews and finding this Youtube comparing it to a RedDragon.



I'm not a gamer, so the mouse is of no interest to me.
Last edited by mwmsnow on Dec 11th, 2019 4:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
42 replies
Deal Addict
May 27, 2005
1282 posts
13 upvotes
Because they are cheap Outemu blues. I think they go for something like 5 cents a switch.
Newbie
Mar 15, 2011
33 posts
9 upvotes
Thanks OP, willing to give it a shot at this price.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
33304 posts
7003 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
CdTriX wrote: Because they are cheap Outemu blues. I think they go for something like 5 cents a switch.
I am sure it costs a little more than a nickle for the switch
Deal Expert
User avatar
May 14, 2007
15203 posts
2406 upvotes
Scarborough / Markha…
Jimboski wrote: Blue switches, keyboard is going to be loud. Not sure why these budget keyboard brands always have blue switch keyboards.
For this price, you can't havit all :razz:
Sr. Member
User avatar
Feb 1, 2012
507 posts
175 upvotes
Montreal
I miss the deal for the 60% keyboard recently.
On the fence for this one.
Jr. Member
Oct 15, 2018
109 posts
30 upvotes
is there any mech keyboard that are not to loud? I have a bad neighbor
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
33304 posts
7003 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
Jon Lai wrote: Getting some quiet kinda defeats the whole purpose of mechanical keyboards...
Not really, people buy mechanical keyboards for the feel and response. The sound is just an annoyance for most. True touch typist are looking for the tactile feedback.
Sr. Member
Jan 18, 2017
712 posts
281 upvotes
WillY26059 wrote: I want something quiet and cheap
I bought this for work: Redragon K582 SURARA RGB Gaming Keyboard, 104 Standard Layout N-Key Rollover Mechanical Keyboard Built-in Linear & Quiet Red Switches, Ergonomic Design and Fast Actuation Perfect for Typing and Gaming https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07KCRTN9Q/ref ... 7DbMY3FQW7

Reds are way quieter than blues. Not anywhere near silent but a decent compromise.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2007
1229 posts
227 upvotes
KevCnew wrote: I bought this for work: Redragon K582 SURARA RGB Gaming Keyboard, 104 Standard Layout N-Key Rollover Mechanical Keyboard Built-in Linear & Quiet Red Switches, Ergonomic Design and Fast Actuation Perfect for Typing and Gaming https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07KCRTN9Q/ref ... 7DbMY3FQW7

Reds are way quieter than blues. Not anywhere near silent but a decent compromise.
That was the other one I was trying to decide on. I don't need a mouse so I'll probably go with the Red Dragon
Sr. Member
User avatar
Aug 31, 2014
529 posts
876 upvotes
ontario
WillY26059 wrote: is there any mech keyboard that are not to loud? I have a bad neighbor
How paper thin are your walls that your neighbour can hear you typing..?
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2002
2208 posts
537 upvotes
If anybody is looking for a mech wireless keyboard, then I would suggest:

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07RKM ... UTF8&psc=1

I have it at work and it works as advertised. Better yet, it comes with bluetooth so no more dongles for me! Built in rechargeable battery lasts about 1.5 months without any LEDs on.

Too bad it is temporarily out of stock, but I'm sure it will come back. If you can get it for the lightning deals price of $65, it is a great buy.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 30, 2005
2023 posts
346 upvotes
Ottawa
I think if there was a way to set the backlight to white I would have bought one
Sr. Member
Mar 5, 2016
904 posts
661 upvotes
Rudy wrote: I think if there was a way to set the backlight to white I would have bought one
Is there a colour list? I too want white backlight, and this is RGB, so in theory, it should have white...
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 30, 2005
2023 posts
346 upvotes
Ottawa
ahammad wrote: Is there a colour list? I too want white backlight, and this is RGB, so in theory, it should have white...
From the amazon comments it looks like rainbow is the only option
[OP]
Member
Oct 19, 2009
226 posts
163 upvotes
Toronto
Rudy wrote: I think if there was a way to set the backlight to white I would have bought one
I'm pretty sure that a white backlight is an option for this keyboard. I've watched Youtube reviews that show owners cycling through all sorts of preconfigured settings, including uniform colour behind the keys and adjusting the brightness. My keyboard should be delivered tomorrow, so I might have a definitive answer to post by Thursday.

Top