Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] DEAD - NETGEAR 16-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch - $39.99

Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2006
3873 posts
2375 upvotes
Toronto
Britex wrote: I had this same issue with GCR and they pointed to this provision:
0% Cash Back on Consumer Electronics, Gift Cards, coins & paper money purchased from enterprise sellers.
ok well it's at 97.81 now on amazon so those wanting to get in on the newegg deal (even without the 1.5% cb from gcr) should get on it quick
Dec 11, 2008
719 posts
125 upvotes
NL
out of stock on newegg ebay too
Nov 7, 2005
144 posts
52 upvotes
Vancouver
While we're on this thread , any thoughts on valid alternatives?

Specifically, I'm asking about POE switches (not necessarily managed )
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
May 8, 2002
5006 posts
1590 upvotes
d0hboy wrote: While we're on this thread , any thoughts on valid alternatives?

Specifically, I'm asking about POE switches (not necessarily managed )
This and POE switch are a world apart. I did get this one for a good deal though, $169

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B00GG1ACX ... UTF8&psc=1

It's been pretty solid, powering a bunch of unifi APs
Oct 24, 2015
140 posts
51 upvotes
Sooke, BC
X24Secret wrote: The local traffic between clients connected to the same switch (Say between PC and NAS) doesn’t congest the rest of the network right? Only congests the clients on this switch?
It shouldn't even congest other clients on the switch... the only traffic in your example should be between the PC and NAS since it's only between the MAC addresses learned from those two ports, so any other ports communicating would be unaffected - they advertise it as non-blocking so they claim every port can run at the rated 1Gb/s capacity.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
27311 posts
12975 upvotes
X24Secret wrote: The local traffic between clients connected to the same switch (Say between PC and NAS) doesn’t congest the rest of the network right? Only congests the clients on this switch?
A good switch should be able to do gigabit between every port simultaneously.
The only time it'll touch the rest of the network is if multiple clients on one switch are trying to communicate with multiple clients on a different switch since all traffic is going through a single port.
But inter switch should be full speed.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
27311 posts
12975 upvotes
d0hboy wrote: Specifically, I'm asking about POE switches (not necessarily managed )
How many ports?

I have a GS108PEv3 which I think is a good balance of POE and price.
It's only 4 POE ports though.

I don't remember where I bought it or for how much but I remember buying it because it was ridiculously cheap for a POE switch.
It looks like it's just a bit south of $100 now which I think is still fairly decent
Deal Fanatic
Jan 28, 2005
6221 posts
313 upvotes
Scarborough
I received mine today. Swapped out my 2 - 8 port ones