[Amazon.ca] [DEAD] Teva Men's Original Universal Urban Sandal $27.04

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 24th, 2020 4:30 pm
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2009
2697 posts
553 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP. Picked up a pair before it went back to regular price. I also thought these look uncomfortable until the girlfriend bought a pair in Japan(teva is extremely popular there) and used it on a full day of walking in tokyo. Also used in cuba and said these were more comfortable than some of her nike runners. Two vacations later and countless hikes around the province, her pair is still in good shape
Jul 14, 2019
81 posts
26 upvotes
Got these and love em. These are urban sandals, if you want those comfy, thicker, the have non-urban models like merrels. Ofcourse, theyll cost you more.
Jul 16, 2019
112 posts
175 upvotes
Montreal
If you added the time in your cart when it was 27$ then the price goes up on the product page but it still shows 27$ in your cart, how many minutes do you have before the price in your cart changes or the item disappears?
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
19738 posts
12862 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Gee wrote: @bylo

I am looking at the soles and the sandal overall and it looks like it won’t last a season
Again looks can be deceiving. There are 100s of reviews of this model on Amazon, REI and MEC. If premature wear was an issue I doubt all three sites would be giving them >4* overall.
The more expensive models are reasonably priced. Just not on sale
At ~3x the price. Are they going to last 3x as long?

BTW I have a pair of the Hurricanes that I bought on sale (from SAIL IIRC.) They're great for general use. But the thicker soles make them bulky to pack for travel. I'm getting the Universals for that purpose where they'll be worn mostly indoors. Tread life won't be a problem, not that I'm concerned about that.

P.S. Now that the price is back up (a) I agree that Hurricanes are a better bet at $10 more and (b) I hope the $27 wasn't a price error that results in my order getting cancelled.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2015
3046 posts
2841 upvotes
Alberta
Plainview wrote: If you added the time in your cart when it was 27$ then the price goes up on the product page but it still shows 27$ in your cart, how many minutes do you have before the price in your cart changes or the item disappears?
It'll probably change on checkout.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
19738 posts
12862 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Plainview wrote: If you added the time in your cart when it was 27$ then the price goes up on the product page but it still shows 27$ in your cart, how many minutes do you have before the price in your cart changes or the item disappears?
ISTR from a previous situation that the new price will get updated when you try to checkout.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
19738 posts
12862 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
bylo wrote: Again looks can be deceiving. There are 100s of reviews of this model on Amazon, REI and MEC. If premature wear was an issue I doubt all three sites would be giving them >4* overall.

At ~3x the price. Are they going to last 3x as long?

BTW I have a pair of the Hurricanes that I bought on sale (from SAIL IIRC.) They're great for general use. But the thicker soles make them bulky to pack for travel. I'm getting the Universals for that purpose where they'll be worn mostly indoors. Tread life won't be a problem, not that I'm concerned about that.

P.S. Now that the price is back up (a) I agree that Hurricanes are a better bet at $10 more and (b) I hope the $27 wasn't a price error that results in my order getting cancelled.
Mine just arrived. Look well made. Fit well and are comfortable. Also a lot lighter than my Hurricanes. These will be great for travelling. Can be used for walking outside, even for light hiking. Or indoors as slippers, as well as shower shoes.

Well worth the $27. Thanks again OP.
veni, vidi, Visa

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)