Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

[DEAD] Zojirushi NS-ZCC10 5.5 Cup Neuro Fuzzy Rice Cooker $179.99 ($50 off)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 2nd, 2021 3:26 pm
[OP]
May 20, 2007
46 posts
192 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] [DEAD] Zojirushi NS-ZCC10 5.5 Cup Neuro Fuzzy Rice Cooker $179.99 ($50 off)

Good price for this MIJ rice cooker.

Wirecutter review:
https://www.nytimes.com/wirecutter/revi ... ce-cooker/

Zojirushi NP-HCC10XH Induction 5.5cup model also on sale for $289.99 ($49.98 off), all time low according to CCC
https://www.amazon.ca/ZOJI-Zojirushi-NP ... ast_sto_dp

Zojirushi NP-HCC18XH Induction 10cup model for $289.99 ($96 off), also all time low on CCC.
Last edited by wilsonever on Aug 3rd, 2021 8:13 am, edited 5 times in total.
Thread Summary
If you're looking for more options, RFD Reviews has a list of the best rice cookers!
15 replies
Deal Addict
May 13, 2015
1095 posts
1419 upvotes
Dartmouth, NS
I caved about a year ago and paid full price... I didn't want to wait for a sale.

Walmart had the 10 cup version on sale a while ago for $140 but I passed because I wanted the 5.5 cup version since I don't ever make more than 5 cups at a time.

If you want one of the top rice cookers, this is the one to get. Doesn't go on sale often.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 9, 2009
5216 posts
875 upvotes
BillyBill wrote: I caved about a year ago and paid full price... I didn't want to wait for a sale.

Walmart had the 10 cup version on sale a while ago for $140 but I passed because I wanted the 5.5 cup version since I don't ever make more than 5 cups at a time.

If you want one of the top rice cookers, this is the one to get. Doesn't go on sale often.
yes i got my second one from the walmart deal at $140. as long as you are making 2 or more cups at a time, the 10 cup will work.

My 1st one from 10 years ago still works, only reason i replaced was the non stick pot was peeling and it was cheaper to buy the whole unit at $140 from walmart vs a replacement inner pot.
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2009
2581 posts
202 upvotes
Toronto
I almost pulled the trigger, but it's been cheaper in the last 6 months

Even less if you go back a year

edit: oh... didnt realize the deal was dead, i'm seeing 229 after the coupon
Nov 12, 2020
33 posts
127 upvotes
Universe centre
I dont recommend Zojirushi ( or tiger)'s entry-level product line. Their reputation is mostly provided by the IH techniques. IMO their entry-level rice cooker is too overpriced, just like entry-level sony TV or ROG laptop. A 40 dollar rice cooker on aliexpress should be at least as good as them.
Sep 3, 2017
542 posts
861 upvotes
Vancouver
Mugen123 wrote: I almost pulled the trigger, but it's been cheaper in the last 6 months

Even less if you go back a year

edit: oh... didnt realize the deal was dead, i'm seeing 229 after the coupon
Your coupon will be applied at checkout

It is not dead. It is $229 before coupon. Your $177.99 price is just $2 cheaper.

$117.50 is the real all time low but its unlikely to return
Deal Fanatic
Oct 16, 2008
8428 posts
3007 upvotes
Maple
azncapcom wrote: yes i got my second one from the walmart deal at $140. as long as you are making 2 or more cups at a time, the 10 cup will work.

My 1st one from 10 years ago still works, only reason i replaced was the non stick pot was peeling and it was cheaper to buy the whole unit at $140 from walmart vs a replacement inner pot.
If the outer still works well, just buy to replace the inner pot. I just replaced the inner pot few month ago after 10 years. I found older tech is better built (made in Japan).
Deal Fanatic
Aug 9, 2009
5216 posts
875 upvotes
teoconca wrote: If the outer still works well, just buy to replace the inner pot. I just replaced the inner pot few month ago after 10 years. I found older tech is better built (made in Japan).
where did you buy the inner pot and how much was it?

When i was looking at the time, the inner pot was around the same price as the walmart deal for the whole unit (at $140).
Deal Addict
May 16, 2011
4720 posts
6457 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
LingfengX39818 wrote: I dont recommend Zojirushi ( or tiger)'s entry-level product line. Their reputation is mostly provided by the IH techniques. IMO their entry-level rice cooker is too overpriced, just like entry-level sony TV or ROG laptop. A 40 dollar rice cooker on aliexpress should be at least as good as them.
I'm listening. What should I get instead?
Jun 17, 2008
5 posts
1 upvote
Vancouver
I bought this exact same rice cooker in 2004. Had to replace the inner pot at some point, cant remember how long ago. Some of the buttons on the front panel have just started to stop working in the past month. Based on how long it has lasted me, i am totally buying it again.
Jun 15, 2020
15 posts
64 upvotes
NickL645 wrote: Just tested this - did not work
They must have just updated the promotion. I tested the promo code before posting.

HBC probably removed it because they received too many orders on the higher end zoji rice cooker $599-$100 that was posted on rfd