Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Deal is back! Plantronics BackBeat Pro 2 Wireless Noise Cancelling Headphone $129.99

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 14th, 2019 2:07 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2016
1014 posts
924 upvotes
Montreal

[Amazon.ca] Deal is back! Plantronics BackBeat Pro 2 Wireless Noise Cancelling Headphone $129.99

Great headphone on sale again :)
Previous thread at $140: mikes-computer-shop-super-hot-deal-plan ... 0-2118189/
35 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2008
3979 posts
709 upvotes
Windsor
Had these for two years now, great headphones... My only complaint is the ear cups are a little small for me and my ears touch and get hot after extended periods.
Aug 8, 2009
424 posts
517 upvotes
I bought these almost two years ago for about the same price (think it was best buy, might have been $119 at the time) Anyway, this has been one of my best purchases ever. Ridiculous battery life and awesome performance. For this price I can't recommend them highly enough. I understand that the sony's have better noise cancelling and are better headphones but 3x better? No chance.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
3325 posts
4542 upvotes
BC
I know we don't have a time machine but these were $75 at London drugs when it was 50% off certain electronics on Cyber Monday.

I had these headphones before getting a pair of QC35. Pretty good set of headphones if you can't shell out the cash for QC35/Sony X3's. The noise cancelling isn't up to par but the sound quality is really good.

They are a little uncomfortable and you can't wear them for long hours. If you have big ears or wear glasses might be a no go.
Deal Addict
Mar 19, 2005
4658 posts
366 upvotes
I got the Sennheiser PX550s for $189 during BF. Anyone have experience from having had both at some point?

I like the PX550s but I don't love them. I'm pretty much just holding out for the Sony XM4s - whenever they come out probably early 2020 - and will be passing these down to someone else when I get those.
Mar 29, 2013
168 posts
88 upvotes
Oshawa
peakingduck wrote: I know we don't have a time machine but these were $75 at London drugs when it was 50% off certain electronics on Cyber Monday.

I had these headphones before getting a pair of QC35. Pretty good set of headphones if you can't shell out the cash for QC35/Sony X3's. The noise cancelling isn't up to par but the sound quality is really good.

They are a little uncomfortable and you can't wear them for long hours. If you have big ears or wear glasses might be a no go.
Honestly - with the QC35 refurbs for <200, its a no brainer to spend a bit more, just for the comfort.

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/bose-can ... x-2337442/
Oct 22, 2006
637 posts
276 upvotes
I have a set of these i bought a couple of years ago. Use them very lightly, and the top of the head band seems to wear out quite quickly. Also the ANC barely does anything.
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2009
2966 posts
2871 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
theflyingsquirrel wrote: How is the noise cancelling for low frequency response compare to H10 for in flight use?
Never used the H10's but if you want them for flights do yourself a favour and get the Bose QC35 refirbs for $190. I know its a bit more money, but man those are super comfortable and amazing on flights. I can fall asleep wearing them on 9 hour flights and wake up with no ear pain/uncomfort.

I bought these Plantronics for my dad to use and i played around with them and audio quality is great and they have tons of settings, but not at good ANC as the Bose (especially for droning noises where the Bose is king).
Mar 29, 2013
168 posts
88 upvotes
Oshawa
Ecsta wrote: Never used the H10's but if you want them for flights do yourself a favour and get the Bose QC35 refirbs for $190. I know its a bit more money, but man those are super comfortable and amazing on flights. I can fall asleep wearing them on 9 hour flights and wake up with no ear pain/uncomfort.

I bought these Plantronics for my dad to use and i played around with them and audio quality is great and they have tons of settings, but not at good ANC as the Bose (especially for droning noises where the Bose is king).
Im gonna sound like a shill - but my qc35s have lasted longer than ANY pair of headphones i've had - at almost 4 years. I wear them when studying, and during finals sometimes like 12 hours a day. When you think about how much longer you can wear them for, the cost per hour is a LOT lower for a higher degree of comfort and superior ANC.

I have no regrets paying retail for them 4 years ago - and 192 is a steal. I'm almost tempted to grab my sister a pair.
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2014
1055 posts
876 upvotes
Edmonton
lmao I thought I was in the qc35 thread.

When I saw people saying they went for 75 on cyber Monday, I was like "whattttttt i would've bought the whole store out"
Jan 5, 2007
180 posts
60 upvotes
Vancouver
I got these a year ago. They're pretty decent in sound quality, noise cancelling is fair.

My only two complaints are
1) the extension cable is for sound only, no mic input such as with Bose. So if power dies, you can't use them for calls.

2) the ear cup is soft and comfortable but they shredded apart in about 1.5 years. I raised it with Plantronics, they told me that's expected wear and tear. Little bit disappointed with the build quality and customer service.

Any suggestions on repairing the ear cups? I have older cheaper gaming headset that held up better than the BackBeat PRO 2?
Oct 22, 2006
637 posts
276 upvotes
major153 wrote: I got these a year ago. They're pretty decent in sound quality, noise cancelling is fair.

My only two complaints are
1) the extension cable is for sound only, no mic input such as with Bose. So if power dies, you can't use them for calls.

2) the ear cup is soft and comfortable but they shredded apart in about 1.5 years. I raised it with Plantronics, they told me that's expected wear and tear. Little bit disappointed with the build quality and customer service.

Any suggestions on repairing the ear cups? I have older cheaper gaming headset that held up better than the BackBeat PRO 2?
You can buy ear cups on Ebay.
Jul 9, 2018
82 posts
64 upvotes
Amazing set of headphones. Cant go wrong at this price
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
3089 posts
1585 upvotes
West Coast
PilotInTraining wrote: Honestly - with the QC35 refurbs for <200, its a no brainer to spend a bit more, just for the comfort.

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/bose-can ... x-2337442/
I agree, although a limited few (comparatively speaking) have a Bose store locally that allowed such a deal.
Please don't ask or beg for "thanks". Don't act like this is Facebook. If someone found your post helpful, let them decide if they want to make that click. The more you beg, the less you'll get. Cheers
Dec 12, 2009
403 posts
202 upvotes
was interested in them but after reading some reviews that said these were boomy bass accentuated headphones, I'll pass for something more neutral.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2012
3271 posts
1783 upvotes
Calgary
starbuckscoffee wrote: was interested in them but after reading some reviews that said these were boomy bass accentuated headphones, I'll pass for something more neutral.
Unless u wanna go wired, I wouldn't write these BBpros so quick. Sure, these are def not the last word in resolution high definition & will lose out to the Sony XM2/3 (&or equivalent) but thats only if your upstream components are equivalent as well includ. high(er) bitrate material. Being an owner of the Sonys & these BBpros (both v1&2), I'd say its better to get these BBs for low bitrate YT/Spotify streams.

Strangely these BBpros are more 'balanced' ie. less bassy with ANR on & indeed sounds better this way to my ears. But ya if you have a very good source streams with a corresponding player, then a higher res headphone like the Sonys/B&W/Senns/etc are indeed better.

Btw if u don't mind wired & spending much (much much) less, me thinks a pair of AKG K403 should suit your tastes. It's one of the most hifi porty headphones I've heard. For <$30 (what I paid at Visions clearout quite a number of yrs back), them AKGs cant be beat.
Mar 21, 2011
538 posts
477 upvotes
How do they perform in the cold weather? Having issues with my bluetooth headphone as they just shutdown in the cold so leaning towards Bose.
Dec 28, 2012
553 posts
371 upvotes
OTTAWA
Amazing peice of kit.

2 years running these, I fly every 3 weeks and these are a must.

I recommend these to everyone in the market for an affordable noise cancelling headphone set.

BTW no one looks cool in headphones just accept it lol