Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca Prime Day

DEAL DEAD! During Prime Day (July 12 - July 13), Prime members can claim 30+ free games

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 9th, 2022 3:11 am
Mar 18, 2019
61 posts
71 upvotes
So..I googled a bit and only found relatively non-useful reddit thread that doesn't really answer my question, but i assume experienced RFD people will know it.

I'm not a gamer. Like at all. I do have amazon prime and i'd like to try some of these games out. Is there a way to use amazon gaming on an nvidia shield (pro)? I have a computer, but it acts mostly as a server and has no graphics card. Is a decent computer with a graphics card the only way to play these games?

Thanks!
Aug 11, 2014
945 posts
1082 upvotes
DasHip wrote: Have Mass Effect Legendary on PC already,... From Epic Store I think (already free)... Wish i could get it on Console though.. my PC has probably over 200 games i won't get thru in this lifetime...
Mass Effect Legendary wasn't given away for free on Epic... You probably got it some other way.
Oct 31, 2018
332 posts
831 upvotes
Just ended my Amazon prime last week, looks like I should go back for this
Lehmann L
May 22, 2009
631 posts
1214 upvotes
Canada
jrcrmr wrote: So..I googled a bit and only found relatively non-useful reddit thread that doesn't really answer my question, but i assume experienced RFD people will know it.

I'm not a gamer. Like at all. I do have amazon prime and i'd like to try some of these games out. Is there a way to use amazon gaming on an nvidia shield (pro)? I have a computer, but it acts mostly as a server and has no graphics card. Is a decent computer with a graphics card the only way to play these games?

Thanks!
You could try Geforce now
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce-now/

Works with Shield TV, otherwise you would need to have a decent gaming pc.
Don't ask "Is this a good deal?" when creating a thread. That goes in shopping discussion. Please post the price in title. Giving upvotes is free and yes, it is imaginary points that mean nothing but it also makes their effort feel appreciated
May 22, 2009
631 posts
1214 upvotes
Canada
MattyMattMatt wrote: What do you get? Steam codes? EA codes?
EA's platform is called origin. From past months, all EA games given away from prime gaming were Origin keys so I expect the same here.
Don't ask "Is this a good deal?" when creating a thread. That goes in shopping discussion. Please post the price in title. Giving upvotes is free and yes, it is imaginary points that mean nothing but it also makes their effort feel appreciated
Mar 18, 2019
61 posts
71 upvotes
pwned.u wrote: You could try Geforce now
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce-now/

Works with Shield TV, otherwise you would need to have a decent gaming pc.
That's a separate thing from Amazon prime though and I assume the games don't translate (and that's a different paid service). Hehe... Thanks though. I just wanted to see if there was a way.
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2009
1051 posts
343 upvotes
For anyone wondering how it works I think you can only access at least some of the games from the "amazon gaming app". I just claimed Monkey Island, WRC 8, Calico, Astrologcaster, and Across the Grooves on gaming.amazon.com and they all say to play you must download the app. Far Cry 4 is also free now and redeems on a connected ubisoft account. I'm guessing you will loose access to the app games if you cancel prime? Haven't tried the app yet but looks like another launcher to add to the 9 already installed :facepalm:
Mar 10, 2013
10 posts
11 upvotes
WL1980 wrote: Does your Prime need to be active to play the games?

Like the PS+ free games where they put a lock on the games if you stop paying the subscription fee.
nope, yours to keep forever regardless
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2015
2655 posts
1858 upvotes
Antarctica
DJDiggler wrote: For anyone wondering how it works I think you can only access at least some of the games from the "amazon gaming app". I just claimed Monkey Island, WRC 8, Calico, Astrologcaster, and Across the Grooves on gaming.amazon.com and they all say to play you must download the app. Far Cry 4 is also free now and redeems on a connected ubisoft account. I'm guessing you will loose access to the app games if you cancel prime? Haven't tried the app yet but looks like another launcher to add to the 9 already installed :facepalm:
From the site itself:

To claim, install and play new games with Prime, you will need an active Amazon Prime membership. If you would like to install or play games you have previously claimed, a basic Amazon account is required.
https://gaming.amazon.com/amazon-games-app

If you claim the games during active prime membership and cancel membership, you should still be able to access those games per this info as they fall in the “previously claimed” category.
Jun 6, 2007
43 posts
22 upvotes
Oshawa
This wasn’t answered yet, but are all these games for PC?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2017
1084 posts
1367 upvotes
TheSlav wrote: Am I correct in reading this. You can pre-load the games you want on June 21st. But you actually get them on Prime day July 12/13th?
I believe you can only pre load the indie games starting June 21.
Mar 14, 2015
42 posts
64 upvotes
IHavocI wrote: Leading up to Prime Day, from June 21 through July 13, Prime members can start freeloading more than 25 indie games instantly, featuring past favorites and first-time releases on Prime Gaming.

https://gaming.amazon.com/home
Thank you for your post. According to the article, we should be able to start "freeloading" more than 25 games "instantly" today (June 21st). However, the prime gaming home page doesn't mention anything about those games. Am I missing something, or will the games be available later in the day?
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2018
1377 posts
1515 upvotes
Blainville, QC
hemmjy wrote: Thank you for your post. According to the article, we should be able to start "freeloading" more than 25 games "instantly" today (June 21st). However, the prime gaming home page doesn't mention anything about those games. Am I missing something, or will the games be available later in the day?
I would expect later today, I would check after 10am PDT / 1pm EDT (speculation).
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2012
2409 posts
2516 upvotes
Surrey
Too bad they don’t offer PlayStation or Nintendo games
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2014
2078 posts
1363 upvotes
Toronto, ON
For some of the games, you'll need to install another launcher: Legacy Games. Another launcher, great...

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)