Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca Prime Day

DEAL DEAD! During Prime Day (July 12 - July 13), Prime members can claim 30+ free games

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 9th, 2022 3:11 am
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2002
11354 posts
8827 upvotes
Toronto
MattyMattMatt wrote: What do you get? Steam codes? EA codes?
Never Steam. A lot of games are Amazon gaming, we can hope for external keys (Origin, GOG, EA etc.) but usually only give a few each month, sometimes just one.

There's a whole whack of games you can claim right now (under "Games free with Prime")

https://gaming.amazon.com/home
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2006
5615 posts
3793 upvotes
Free games codes I’ll never use, they seem to be redeemable on a platform called “Legacy Games”(?):

Road Trip - 3 Game Pack
3 FULL PC GAMES ON LEGACY GAMES:
2TL4L-V39K5-TVI9V-9PEBS

Puzzle of the Year - 10 Game Pack
10 FULL PC GAMES ON LEGACY GAMES:
KOWP6-TG86R-KB14K-4P1C7

Addling Adventures
3 FULL PC GAMES ON LEGACY GAMES:
I6N6P-UD5T8-47J1S-PN6AA

Some Pokémon Go Prime Gaming
Bundle #3:
S3SBAPFMP2HA9
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2015
1949 posts
1741 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Can I sign up for a trial for amazon prime? Or are this month's perks excluded from trials?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 31, 2006
7906 posts
2276 upvotes
Toronto
chevyz07 wrote: Can I sign up for a trial for amazon prime? Or are this month's perks excluded from trials?
It will not hurt you to sign up for a 30 days trial of amazon prime. why not try it.
Dec 19, 2020
46 posts
20 upvotes
I dont have gaming pc or even some space on my windows laptop, can i still somehow download these free games on my external hard drive? My laptop has 0 space avilable i think it wont work even witg an external drive, will it?
Oct 27, 2009
163 posts
734 upvotes
Toronto, ON, Canada
rfdnewbie6910 wrote: i always wondered, when the economy isnt as good, does the government give these business incentives to run these sales, in order to get people to start spending more, thus stimulating the economy again? it sounds like a logical thing government would do to manipulate the economy to their liking, but i just never heard anybody talk about it.
I don't think the gov't does or would benefit from incentivizing sales during a recession; market forces already incentivize retailers to make them.

Here's how I understand it: When times get tough, demand for lots of items drops, which by itself lowers the optimal price for those goods.

On top of this, there's the pressure to cut prices due to excess inventory. Retailers order their merchandise based on what they predict demand to be - if they didn't see the hard times coming, they probably ordered more than needed. That excess inventory costs them money to store and might pass its ideal season for demand. With supply chains being messed up lately, retailers have been placing orders much farther in advance than usual, so sales this time around might be especially big.

A third reason for the sales is that the ratio of inventory to sales is used by some as an indicator of the health of a business; if the ratio gets out of whack, it could hurt their valuation. Getting rid of the inventory can bring this back into balance.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 23, 2002
5281 posts
1676 upvotes
BigBlackBadal wrote: I dont have gaming pc or even some space on my windows laptop, can i still somehow download these free games on my external hard drive? My laptop has 0 space avilable i think it wont work even witg an external drive, will it?
For almost all of the games, you can claim it and own it without ever downloading them. For some of the higher profile games like the ones offered by EA, you get a code that you claim on the Origin website after you make an account.

Thanks to sales and giveaways, many RFDers have a PC game library so big that they will never ever get to play through in their lifetime.
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2015
2828 posts
2295 upvotes
Antarctica
SLee wrote: For almost all of the games, you can claim it and own it without ever downloading them. For some of the higher profile games like the ones offered by EA, you get a code that you claim on the Origin website after you make an account.

Thanks to sales and giveaways, many RFDers have a PC game library so big that they will never ever get to play through in their lifetime.
I do find it fascinating that video game libraries are picked upon more in this forum, may be most are boomers who hate gaming?

I am sure the average RFDer has hoarded a bunch of many things that they never get to use, even physical ones.
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2012
1790 posts
1987 upvotes
Metro Vancouver
Crichtonfan wrote: I do find it fascinating that video game libraries are picked upon more in this forum, may be most are boomers who hate gaming?
Sorry, what? Could you clarify please, as this is a rather bizarre statement on its own.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 23, 2002
5281 posts
1676 upvotes
Crichtonfan wrote: I do find it fascinating that video game libraries are picked upon more in this forum, may be most are boomers who hate gaming?
I didn't mean to be too negative for that comment since I resemble it. I keep on adding to my libraries even though I end up playing old classic games more often.
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2015
2828 posts
2295 upvotes
Antarctica
tvisforme wrote: Sorry, what? Could you clarify please, as this is a rather bizarre statement on its own.
The “let me add to my library I will never play” posts are usually like a clock work addition to any gaming deals, along with “why do we need more gaming deals”.

Never see folks saying “let me add this to my tablets stash gathering dust in drawers / let me add this to the tool box I barely make use of / let me add to the gazillion cables / chargers / accessories I keep hoarding / let me add to the toys I will throw in the basement / attic for the next 30 years / let me add this to the 20 other Kirkland sweaters / let me add this to the 10 pairs of $30 sneakers I barely wear 2 of ” and yadda yadda yadda.

Just an interesting observation. Apparently physical hoarding isn’t as alarming.
Oct 10, 2008
196 posts
838 upvotes
Noticed this on the Amazon Gaming site...they are starting things early for Prime Members. Bunch of free games available to claim. Nothing spectacular but free is free.

To celebrate Prime Day, we're giving away 30+ games–for FREE. Start claiming your games now through July 13.

Prime Gaming
Oct 4, 2021
137 posts
95 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Crichtonfan wrote: The “let me add to my library I will never play” posts are usually like a clock work addition to any gaming deals, along with “why do we need more gaming deals”.

Never see folks saying “let me add this to my tablets stash gathering dust in drawers / let me add this to the tool box I barely make use of / let me add to the gazillion cables / chargers / accessories I keep hoarding / let me add to the toys I will throw in the basement / attic for the next 30 years / let me add this to the 20 other Kirkland sweaters / let me add this to the 10 pairs of $30 sneakers I barely wear 2 of ” and yadda yadda yadda.

Just an interesting observation. Apparently physical hoarding isn’t as alarming.
Amusing that you find that observation interesting... Or what on earth that would have to do with boomers...
Jul 10, 2020
4 posts
23 upvotes
Canadianmist wrote: Noticed this on the Amazon Gaming site...they are starting things early for Prime Members. Bunch of free games available to claim. Nothing spectacular but free is free.

To celebrate Prime Day, we're giving away 30+ games–for FREE. Start claiming your games now through July 13.

Prime Gaming
Thanks! Far Cry 4 is a nice surprise
Jul 18, 2012
38 posts
24 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Flip the last two sets of numbers. IE: Flip L6SZ1 's position with D28GJ (Due to Skynet or whatever)

U5U7V-QTY83-L6SZ1-D28GJ Puzzle Of The Year

GC7GT-A3QDE-6XL4J-XMEGW Road Trip

06PXQ-54BJL-RJ2AX-LCME0 Addling Adventures
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
1687 posts
1003 upvotes
did they get rid of need for speed? i can't find it
Deal Expert
Jun 20, 2020
15284 posts
19452 upvotes
Toronto
66xx66 wrote: did they get rid of need for speed? i can't find it
It will be available during Prime Day
Destiny is all

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)