Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca Prime Day

DEAL DEAD! During Prime Day (July 12 - July 13), Prime members can claim 30+ free games

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 9th, 2022 3:11 am
Sep 23, 2020
348 posts
96 upvotes
"Oh no! We can’t enable Prime Gaming on your account.

It looks like there was an error activating Prime Gaming.
Common issues include problems with the credit card used to sign up for Prime where the credit card may be invalid or declined. To manage your Prime membership including updating credit card info click here. For other common issues click here. "

Is anyone else getting this error?
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2004
4289 posts
1744 upvotes
Toronto
I don't game (but I thought I might try).
I don't use Windows (but I'm willing to use it to try a freebie game).

There was moderate buzz around Mass Effect, so I thought I'd try that.

The requires an EA account. Boy was that hard!

It claimed my email address contained invalid characters. They are wrong but I cannot argue with a form (read RFC 822 and successors).

Then I had to create an EA ID. Really really hard: my name is taken (no surprise), my name plus initial contains a rude word or bad character (no it doesn't), and so on. Sheesh.

Then they gave me 20(!) captcha puzzles asking for dice pairs that added up to 14 but there were only 4 or 5 dice in each choice (I don't remember which) -- never a pair.

If I'd known this beforehand, I would not have bothered.
Dec 17, 2007
439 posts
238 upvotes
buluan wrote: My account is business prime but when I click the link it shows try prime.
So I called in just now and I was told the business prime is not eligible for free games.
Jul 21, 2021
421 posts
1289 upvotes
I already have all three of the Legacy games, so whoever wants them can have them.

Puzzle of the year
Z6CRI-8W6UL-7LMUQ-M02CF

Road Trip - 3 Game Pack
CRDNZ-NEJ1U-1RFB9-7353M

Addling Adventures
WM6N6-7RWXP-WSXUX-I2R9H
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2015
2444 posts
2691 upvotes
Toronto, ON
carmaster wrote: Do you lose the games if Prime membership is over?
I guess not if you download them
Mar 26, 2005
134 posts
89 upvotes
After realizing it was 20 captchas, I gave up. It ain't free.

Probably used to train someone's A.I.
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2003
1239 posts
875 upvotes
Ottawa
danascully wrote: Xbox, lol RIP
Gaming PCs may be RIP as well at some point. Anyone use cloud gaming services? They are building in support directly to TVs now. Just connect a controller / mouse & keyboard and go.

I mucked around with playing Minecraft Dungeons on my phone (xCloud), and it worked quite nicely.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2007
2534 posts
5636 upvotes
Vancouver
deeznuts wrote: Gaming PCs may be RIP as well at some point.
They've been saying this same shit for the last 20 years

Same as the "this is the year of the linux"

And bigfoot will be found with the loch ness monster
Dec 27, 2007
22622 posts
15006 upvotes
Kitchener
danascully wrote: They've been saying this same shit for the last 20 years

Thing is cloud gaming is also running on virtualized gaming pcs, so they are not going anywhere any time soon, its just that not so heavy users are essentially sharing a gaming pc on some remote location to cut their costs.

Year of the linux .. well I would say that would varry depending where you are asking.
Dec 8, 2009
272 posts
268 upvotes
Mississauga
Pratzy wrote: Damn Amazon is basically in every business now, from retail to grocery to movies/shows to a gaming platform. Maybe in 10 years we'll basically be buying everything even houses from Amazon lol
And then houses will be brown cardboard boxes with Amazon logo in every window.
Nov 23, 2017
644 posts
439 upvotes
name777 wrote: And then houses will be brown cardboard boxes with Amazon logo in every window.
Face With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of Joy
pswart wrote: Too late to claim these?
Yes, but you may see it on grey market sites like cdkey selling them for a $1. Not bad if you don't have prime.
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2003
1239 posts
875 upvotes
Ottawa
danascully wrote: They've been saying this same shit for the last 20 years

You didn't have a cloud gaming app included with televisions 20 years ago.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2022/06/30/ ... -smart-tv/

I mean, true enthusiasts are never ditching their fancy rigs. Wouldn't argue with you there. But there is something compelling about never having to upgrade a video card again.
Jul 19, 2011
610 posts
205 upvotes
Toronto
Dumb question: Which launcher did Mass Effect Legendary Edition get claimed to? I've tried Origin, Steam, Ubisoft, Epic, and Amazon Games, can't find it but I do remember claiming it on the day.
Oct 29, 2015
169 posts
118 upvotes
Scarborough
gromacs wrote: Dumb question: Which launcher did Mass Effect Legendary Edition get claimed to? I've tried Origin, Steam, Ubisoft, Epic, and Amazon Games, can't find it but I do remember claiming it on the day.
I see it in Origin "My Game Library"
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2021
1112 posts
1014 upvotes
gromacs wrote: Dumb question: Which launcher did Mass Effect Legendary Edition get claimed to? I've tried Origin, Steam, Ubisoft, Epic, and Amazon Games, can't find it but I do remember claiming it on the day.
Origin.

Now I'd like to know which one was Jedi Academy and Jedi Outcast please.
TV: $0 via IP (slingbox) | Cell: $5 4GB*6 = 24GB
Internet: $10 fibre 30mbps up/down unlimited | Home phone: $0 via VoIP (freephoneline)

Telecos monthly cost: $16.45 after tax