[Amazon.ca] De'Longhi ComforTemp Portable Radiator Heater - EW7707CBCA $88.42

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 23rd, 2020 12:16 pm
[OP]
Apr 27, 2017
59 posts
91 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] De'Longhi ComforTemp Portable Radiator Heater - EW7707CBCA $88.42

EDIT: Slight increase from 88.42 to 90.54, Still a great deal if looking for a reliable heater.

Stumbled across this while looking for one for the home office during the winter months.

After a lot of research it appears to be the same as this white version EW7707CM but in black. Sold and shipped through amazon, and linked through the De'Longhi store, so not sure why it flew under the radar and has no reviews..
Prices seem to be all over the place on amazon but the black version is listed as $99 on the De'Longhi website and the White is $139, so a bit of a discount.

More information from the De'Longhi website:
ComforTemp Portable Radiator Heater - EW7707CBCA
RADIATOR SPACE HEATER
$99.99 Out of stock
Effectively and efficiently heat any room of the house with the De'Longhi ComforTemp Portable Radiator Heater.

The user-friendly control panel offers an adjustable thermostat and three heat settings to customize your heating needs and optimize energy-efficient operation. The ComforTemp feature saves you money by automatically maintaining the room temperature using the lowest wattage.

The heater produces the maximum amount of radiant heat while ensuring a low surface temperature, making it a great choice for family use. Other safety highlights include rust-resistant durable metal construction, a gently rounded design, and a thermal cut-off function that automatically turns the heater off if it starts to overheat.

With its sleek look and silent operation, the ComforTemp Portable Radiator Heater is the perfect solution to all your heating needs.

Silent operation with no fan noise, ideal for bedrooms or TV rooms.
Maximizes radiant heat flow while maintaining a low surface temperature with patented thermal slots.
Maintains a minimum room temperature, warding off bitter cold with the anti-freeze setting.
Never needs refilling. Unit is permanently sealed with pure diathermic oil for stable and efficient heating.
Convenient storage with wrap-around cord design.

Last edited by ThatGuyAgain on Sep 22nd, 2020 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
31 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2007
4604 posts
1939 upvotes
Good price, good brand, if you're in the market for an oil filled radiant heater. Also good to pounce on any sort of heating unit before the colder months come in.

I'll admit I'm not a huge fan of these style of heaters as they tend to be painfully slow to heat up, but they are great at maintaining room temperature once it eventually gets there. This can be nice in say in the bedroom overnight, a home office w/ work hours, possibly basement, maybe even a garage, but the key point in all this is it's an area you'd want longer term heat in. I just get the sense that most people are better served with a high-mid range quartz heater or alike with a blower as it'll bring almost instant heat and targeted if you so desire (ie: leg area under a desk), plus if the room is enclosed it'll likely heat the whole area eventually and likely quicker than oil, try to get one with a temperature gauge.
[OP]
Apr 27, 2017
59 posts
91 upvotes
RiCHC3 wrote: Good price, good brand, if you're in the market for an oil filled radiant heater. Also good to pounce on any sort of heating unit before the colder months come in.

I'll admit I'm not a huge fan of these style of heaters as they tend to be painfully slow to heat up, but they are great at maintaining room temperature once it eventually gets there. This can be nice in say in the bedroom overnight, a home office w/ work hours, possibly basement, maybe even a garage, but the key point in all this is it's an area you'd want longer term heat in. I just get the sense that most people are better served with a high-mid range quartz heater or alike with a blower as it'll bring almost instant heat and targeted if you so desire (ie: leg area under a desk), plus if the room is enclosed it'll likely heat the whole area eventually and likely quicker than oil, try to get one with a temperature gauge.
I 100% agree with having one with a blower would work better and heat much quicker!

My personal use is for the home office, wife is back in school and doing so mostly online, which means long hours in the office in live classes or studying/doing assignments. Having the noise of a blower turn on and off can be(and so far is for her) distracting while either studying or doing the live classes, so this fit the bill perfectly!
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2007
4604 posts
1939 upvotes
ThatGuyAgain wrote: I 100% agree with having one with a blower would work better and heat much quicker!

My personal use is for the home office, wife is back in school and doing so mostly online, which means long hours in the office in live classes or studying/doing assignments. Having the noise of a blower turn on and off can be(and so far is for her) distracting while either studying or doing the live classes, so this fit the bill perfectly!
Good point on the noise, oil is definitely much quieter.
Mar 17, 2015
203 posts
94 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I have one of these and i couldn't be more happier. I got it for $50 on warehouse deal and free shipping which probably was error. This beats any Fan heater, if you just leave in Eco mode on lets say 20C and raise it up once you come to room it doesnt really take too long.

https://www.amazon.ca/Delonghi-TRD40615 ... 1HNHTA7F6Z

I need another one but i am debating between Delonghi Oil heater vs Dyson heat / Cool one on eBay refurb. (Dyson is not Just any fan heater + it comes with Heat and Cold)
Dec 17, 2017
147 posts
67 upvotes
Good buy, I have the same one but with the electronic controls. More for convenience but the heater works the same way. I love mine and this is a great buy. Really does a great job Keeping consistent temp and most of its silent.
Apr 24, 2019
20 posts
4 upvotes
I wanted to buy one of these to save on heating cost but I remember reading that it costs the same to run these as electric baseboard heaters, assuming the same amount of heat. So what's the benefit of these then?
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2004
2383 posts
241 upvotes
onthemove wrote: How's this compared with the one that was on sale at Lowe's yesterday:

https://www.lowes.ca/product/electric-s ... 820a240614
seems like the lowes one is a convection heater with fans (electricity $$$) vs. this oil filled one
previous owned an oil filled (that went to the mother-in-law) and it generated a nice constant heat but it's slow to heat
and if you cranked it up too high, it takes a while for the temp to come back down too.
once you dial it in though, it's great!

thx OP, bought one
Apr 16, 2014
102 posts
130 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Yeah, these oil heaters are great if you want good heat over time in an area (my new home office this winter, rather than heating the whole house all day).

There's not much to them, I'm happy with this Noma version (currently on sale/clearance at Canadian tire for $54.93 in white).
https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/noma ... 5124p.html
Aug 11, 2014
91 posts
157 upvotes
St. John's, NL
bishop613 wrote: Yeah, these oil heaters are great if you want good heat over time in an area (my new home office this winter, rather than heating the whole house all day).

There's not much to them, I'm happy with this Noma version (currently on sale/clearance at Canadian tire for $54.93 in white).
https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/noma ... 5124p.html
Thats a good price but theres alot of reviews on Canadian tire website stating the units die after a year or two
Nov 12, 2011
733 posts
274 upvotes
Ontario
Looking for the Delonghi Dragon4/TRD40615 and this looks to be a cheap alternative
Jmartin22 wrote: Thats a good price but theres alot of reviews on Canadian tire website stating the units die after a year or two
Yeah I was also looking at Noma's heaters at Canadian tire and they all seem to be 40-60% off. tons of reviews in the 3/5 star range and mostly about it dying quick