[Amazon Canada] Delta Michelangelo Gravity Bike Storage - $80.38

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 13th, 2019 6:33 pm
[OP]
Aug 11, 2019
22 posts
75 upvotes

[Amazon Canada] Delta Michelangelo Gravity Bike Storage - $80.38

Thought I was going to need this but just don't have enough space in the single car garage. Set up tracking for this on Price Dropper website since July, regular price is $105 and hasn't gone on sale until now. Good solution for Winter storage to save space?
Images
  • bike.jpg
Last edited by TomRFD on Sep 12th, 2019 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added an image
22 replies
Jun 10, 2003
652 posts
240 upvotes
I feel like I bought something (exactly) the same at my local Costco for $35 a year ago. I have two of them in my garage.
Jun 9, 2019
15 posts
8 upvotes
I have this rack and it's fantastic. Great for people who aren't able to mount hooks or another rack into a wall
Feb 25, 2003
226 posts
43 upvotes
Vancouver
jerschwab wrote:
Sep 12th, 2019 4:58 pm
I just bought a couple of the Clug mounts... very minimalistic and work great. They have them at some bike shops too.

https://www.amazon.ca/Clug/b/ref=bl_dp_ ... e-bin=Clug
Keep an eye on your tire pressure if you're using Clugs. I've heard of people's bikes falling off because of losing air pressure in their tires and the Clug no longer pinching the tire.
Sep 5, 2008
431 posts
288 upvotes
Port Moody
DeeCee wrote:
Sep 12th, 2019 5:08 pm
Keep an eye on your tire pressure if you're using Clugs. I've heard of people's bikes falling off because of losing air pressure in their tires and the Clug no longer pinching the tire.
Thanks, good reminder... yeah I guess potential falling bikes would be a negative for this method! LOL They should have a velcro attachment for extra security then.
Nov 1, 2015
560 posts
391 upvotes
North Vancouver, BC
I've been waiting for these to drop below $80 for like 2 years so I could mount a single bike above a sideboard without nailing into the wall... and then I found a different solution =/
Oct 14, 2004
715 posts
121 upvotes
Victoria
My problem is actually a lack of wall space. I'd like to have something like the following that I could roll around the garage. Has anyone seen something like this for sale in Canada? When I asked Harbor Freight about shipping a couple years back, it was going to be $80 to $100 USD for shipping =(.

https://www.harborfreight.com/mobile-bi ... 61231.html
Feb 26, 2008
516 posts
389 upvotes
Surrey
MikeyCanuck wrote:
Sep 12th, 2019 9:17 pm
My problem is actually a lack of wall space. I'd like to have something like the following that I could roll around the garage. Has anyone seen something like this for sale in Canada? When I asked Harbor Freight about shipping a couple years back, it was going to be $80 to $100 USD for shipping =(.

Now that is ideal for me. I even drew one out to make it but at this price it's a good deal!!
Deal Addict
May 25, 2011
1978 posts
1587 upvotes
SAINT JOHN
MikeyCanuck wrote:
Sep 12th, 2019 9:17 pm

Would that not cause stress on the rim and take it out of true in long term storage?
...Location: GTA North

If this post has helped you please click the 'THANKS' button.

GTA Grocery Highlights (updated weekly) thread

[WTB] Looking for a Netbook for $150 or under (~$100). Please let me know if you have one for sale. Willing to part trade stuff or labour.
Apr 20, 2009
207 posts
82 upvotes
I have this rack and hate it. The rubber band that act as stoppers for the hooks dried up and broken during the first year. The hooks also tend to come off when you remove a bike and the front wheel flops around if you don't angle it just right.
Nov 12, 2014
139 posts
101 upvotes
Brampton, ON
mtlsg wrote:
Sep 13th, 2019 6:59 am
I have this rack and hate it. The rubber band that act as stoppers for the hooks dried up and broken during the first year. The hooks also tend to come off when you remove a bike and the front wheel flops around if you don't angle it just right.
Thank you. Was about to buy it this morning. I'll probably invest in something a little more durable.